Author Topic: This is looking like a baked ziti weekend...  (Read 2506 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
This is looking like a baked ziti weekend...
« on: December 28, 2017, 10:07:50 AM »
I don't often make baked ziti, but given how cold it is right now, I think that's going to be a perfect comfort food for this weekend.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
Re: This is looking like a baked ziti weekend...
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 12:14:10 PM »
ring the dinner bell when it's ready.    :)

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 02:03:27 PM »
I went with a big pot of venison stew.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 06:59:26 AM »
The ziti (penne, actually) turned out fantastic.

I made it with ground beef, which I normally don't do, but it was on sale and looked nice.

Mixed a 16 ounce container of ricotta, about 8 ounces of sour cream, and an egg with some spices and used that as the cheese sauce, and a jar of Prego and an additional can of tomatoes for the sauce. Shredded mozarella finished the mix.

I sauteed a couple of finely chopped onions and garlic and then threw in about a cup of red wine and let that reduce, then mixed that with the tomato sauce. Gave it a very nice back flavor, but it could have had a bit more sauce. Next time I'll probably add a small can of tomato sauce to the mix.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 10:58:22 AM »
Did you invite the Sopranos?  They love baked ziti.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2018, 11:18:09 AM »
I never watched that show.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2018, 09:29:00 PM »
I never watched that show.

You might give it a watch if you enjoy good organized crime drama.  Wife and I have been through the series twice and are thinking about watching it a third time.  We picked up new stuff the second time around.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 07:19:41 AM »
"if you enjoy good organized crime drama."

No so much, no.