Author Topic: Chicken vegetable soup  (Read 2358 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Chicken vegetable soup
« on: December 29, 2017, 04:36:38 PM »
Cold as crap out, and when I got home I wanted soup. Luckily I had partially boiled chicken stock and thighs in the freezer and a container of College Inn chicken stock in the pantry. So I'm putting together a pot of chicken and vegetable soup. My God it smells incredible in here.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: Chicken vegetable soup
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 05:13:53 PM »
Saute some onion, celery, and carrots (and maybe some parsley and a bayleaf) in a little chicken fat and you don't even need any chicken to make the whole house smell like that. :)
"It's good, though..."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 05:21:41 PM »
I toss everything into a pressure cooker, cook, cool, debone and increase the stock with water and finish with egg noodles or dumplings.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 07:53:48 PM »
I toss everything into a pressure cooker, cook, cool, debone and increase the stock with water and finish with egg noodles or dumplings.

I love my pressure cooker for making stock!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2017, 09:12:17 AM »
I also use my pressure cooker for stock. You can do in 45 minutes what it can take 6 to 8 hours to do. The only problem with the pressure cooker is that it produces a MUCH cloudier stock so you have to either filter it or clarify it with egg whites if you want a clear stock.

The other problem is that my pressure cooker is down right now. I need new seals for it, and I keep forgetting to order them when I order from Amazon.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2018, 08:50:39 PM »
I made stock twice last month and never thought of using my pressure cooker. Will try it next time.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG