Author Topic: That Trudeau!  (Read 1130 times)

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
That Trudeau!
« on: January 05, 2018, 06:55:00 PM »
He might be an idiot but damn if this isn't impressive. At the very least he's not getting in the way.

http://business.financialpost.com/news/economy/canadas-unemployment-rate-declines-to-lowest-in-four-decades

Maybe this will entice all the icedbacks to head home.

In the comments there's a lot of griping about how they're not real jobs. Not industrial jobs only service jobs, but damn a job is a job to someone who's needing one. Don't complain!

Also the whole "the government is playing with numbers thing" they would have to do quite a lot of fiddling to get those numbers and they would have to be total morons to think the numbers would survive scrutiny.

Of  course I like to think a big part of it is that we here MAGAland have a little something to do with it as Canada is a huge trading partner and as we do well they follow along.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: That Trudeau!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 08:27:56 PM »
Canada is part of "America."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 08:31:07 PM »
He is riding a wave that was created long ago. His currency is strong, the energy sector( dirty tar sands) has been banging for a decade, and it is a semi free market. He will with stupid energy policy and minimum wage be undo all of that.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 11:45:07 PM »
Canada is part of "America."
Last time I checked,  Canada was a soveirgn country and America was another soveirgn country.  Both of them, along with Mexico and a central America are part of North America.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 01:37:53 AM »
It might be a case of everyone dropping off the unemployment insurance rolls since their benefits have run out.

People go off the rolls = low unemployment.

I'm reasonably sure a couple of US States have used this kind of "statistic" every once in a while.

But I don't know if the Canadian system is similar.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 09:10:53 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2018, 11:21:43 AM »
Last time I checked,  Canada was a soveirgn country and America was another soveirgn country.  Both of them, along with Mexico and a central America are part of North America.

Okay, "North" America.

There is no country that I'm aware of that's formally called "America." I'm a citizen of the United States of America. I served in the Army of the United States of America. My passport was issued by the United States of America.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2018, 01:35:22 PM »
Immigration in the news again -- in Canada.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/13/world/canada/quebec-immigrants-haitians.html

Not the free haven they were expecting. So maybe the U.N. can explain why it's okay for Canada to screen immigrants, but the U.S. is supposed to open the gates to everyone ...