Armed Polite Society
September 18, 2018, 05:13:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bratwurst Pizza  (Read 952 times)
makattak
Dark Lord of the Cis
friend

« on: January 09, 2018, 08:45:17 AM »

I had some leftover Brats from Father's Day and decided to try something new.

So, after checking on some websites for ways of doing this, I incorporated a few ideas into one new pizza.

Bratwurst Pizza:

Pizza Crust(I used homemade, but you can make it however you prefer. Mine was a little thin and crunchy.)

2 Bratwurst, sliced. (Somewhat thin, but not pepperoni thin. I'm not certain one could do that with bratwurst.)
Onions and greens peppers, sliced and grilled. (I used half a large red onion and half a green pepper)
~8oz shredded cheddar cheese. (I added a little more as I like cheese)
Pizza Sauce (again, your preference, but I made my own- one can tomato paste, one can tomato sauce, 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced, italian seasonings, paprika, and fennel)

Spread the pizza sauce on the crust.
Add bratwurst and pepper and onions as desired (I put bratwurst first with the onions and peppers spread on top)
Cover with cheddar cheese and bake at 425F for 10-15 mins.

Serve alone or with some dijon mustard (or your preference) for dipping.

I may have a new favorite pizza.

I had completely forgotten about this recipe. I will have to make this again, and soon.
Report to moderator   Logged

"We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
Mike Irwin
friend

I Am Inimical

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 08:52:23 AM »

Nice!

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.
Ben
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 09:24:01 AM »

My dad makes himself bratwurst pizza all the time. He can't take spices at his age, so his pizza primarily consists of bratwurst and something like 50lbs of various cheeses (the man likes his cheese).  laugh

He actually buys Costco "ready to bake" pizza, takes off the pepperoni, and replaces it with his toppings.I think the Costco ready to go pizzas are as cheap or cheaper than ready made pizza crust elsewhere. He and my mom used to make pizza, including dough, from scratch all the time, but since my mom passed away, he's gotten lazy on the baking.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."
makattak
Dark Lord of the Cis
friend

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 12:43:08 PM »

My dad makes himself bratwurst pizza all the time. He can't take spices at his age, so his pizza primarily consists of bratwurst and something like 50lbs of various cheeses (the man likes his cheese).  laugh

He actually buys Costco "ready to bake" pizza, takes off the pepperoni, and replaces it with his toppings.I think the Costco ready to go pizzas are as cheap or cheaper than ready made pizza crust elsewhere. He and my mom used to make pizza, including dough, from scratch all the time, but since my mom passed away, he's gotten lazy on the baking.

Bread machine dough settings make pizza dough with very little fuss.

"We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
MillCreek
friend

APS Risk Manager

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 01:55:32 PM »

I had never even thought of this concept, but I will be giving it a try soon.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.
Mike Irwin
friend

I Am Inimical

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 03:45:21 AM »

Anyone ever give the yogurt and self-rising flour pizza dough recipe a try?

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/244447/two-ingredient-pizza-dough/

It has a nice flavor, but I've been struggling to get it to cook properly.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.
Jim147
friends

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 03:07:55 PM »

Taking some fresh brats out of the casing and frying like burger sounds like a good plan also. When i was younger my dad would slice deer summer sausage and put it on the pizza.

Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: