Author Topic: Oh this is going to be monumental!  (Read 2076 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Oh this is going to be monumental!
« on: January 09, 2018, 01:20:08 PM »
Sheriff Joe is running for Jeff Flake's Senate seat.

We are going to see some monumental liberal moments...

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/09/trump-ally-ex-sheriff-joe-arpaio-running-for-arizona-us-senate-seat.html
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Oh this is going to be monumental!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 01:26:53 PM »
Just saw that. I'm torn. From the, "watch liberal heads explode" side, I can't wait. On the serious side though, I don't think he's the best face for conservatives as an elected representative. He would do better being Nugent-like and saying slightly outrageous things from outside the political arena.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 06:15:34 PM »
What a train wreck. I'd sooner vote for a carpet bagged in and senile Harry Reid than that idiot Arapaio.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 06:28:22 PM »
I've already received an e-mail from Joe, asking for my [monetary] support. I don't know who makes up these e-mail lists -- I've never given him a dime, and I've never supported his. But, according to him, "You have been a great friend and incredible supporter of mine over the years, and I wanted you to be the first to hear the news." [Well, I might be an "incredible" supporter, if you take the literal meaning of the word. Or perhaps "incredulous" would be more appropriate.]

Now I'm offended. If I was supposed to be first, how did Mike Irwin know about this before I did?

My guess is that he's tight for cash, so he needs a campaign chest to support his lifestyle for as long as he can milk it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 08:21:12 PM »
Arizona  has Arpaio....Alabama has Roy Moore.   
I'm used to it... :angel:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 07:49:35 AM »
Guys!

You're focusing on the wrong idiots!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 02:16:32 PM »
Guys!

You're focusing on the wrong idiots!

Too many trees in this forest.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2018, 03:12:11 PM »
Sigh... Arpaio's baggage for misconduct in office when Sheriff is just too great. I guess I'd rather see him in the senate than a democrat, but that's about it.

Glad I don't live in AZ so there's nothing I can do about it, or worry that I didn't do about it.
I promise not to duck.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2018, 05:58:45 PM »
He would do better being Nugent-like and saying slightly outrageous things from outside the political arena.

Spoilsport.  I'm hoping for Trump/Nugent 2020, Mattis/Nugent 2024 and Nugent/Me 2028.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2018, 09:32:42 AM »
Sigh... Arpaio's baggage for misconduct in office when Sheriff is just too great. I guess I'd rather see him in the senate than a democrat, but that's about it.

Glad I don't live in AZ so there's nothing I can do about it, or worry that I didn't do about it.

This, Roy Moore, and Donald Trump are what you get when the political "elite" are wholly out of touch with their constituents. (And rule contrary to their wishes.)

People are fed up with Washington, more so than at any time in my life. Many people are unabashedly "voting with their middle finger".  
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2018, 12:02:19 PM »
This, Roy Moore, and Donald Trump are what you get when the political "elite" are wholly out of touch with their constituents. (And rule contrary to their wishes.)

People are fed up with Washington, more so than at any time in my life. Many people are unabashedly "voting with their middle finger".  
I don't know if I would connect Moore and Trump too much.  There were other anti-establishment candidates in that race initially.  It was the attempt by McConnell and others to manipulate things to help their chosen candidate that left Moore as the least worst candidate remaining. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2018, 12:13:29 PM »
Not a fan of Joe, but he makes the left go completely apoplectic, which IMO is a good thing.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2018, 07:11:01 PM »
Bradley Manning is running for the Senate in MD.  Good luck getting a security clearance!   [popcorn]

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2018, 07:27:41 PM »
Bradley Manning is running for the Senate in MD.  Good luck getting a security clearance!   [popcorn]

I think half the senate would fail that if they had applied for a civil service job instead. Seems we give politicians a lot of leeway on clearances.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."