Author Topic: That looks like a serious headache  (Read 921 times)

MechAg94

• friend
That looks like a serious headache
« on: January 15, 2018, 10:21:23 PM »
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/01/15/potd-bullet-head/

I found this photo on Facebook it was reported that Rodrigo Moreira was a victim of a motorcycle robbery and the robbers shot the him in the head after taking his motorcyle at gun point.
I guess I will let y'all decide if you want to see the picture.  The guy appears to be okay otherwise.  I imagine it is rare to be able to say you got shot in the head right after it actually happened. 

If he was not wearing a helmet then the only explanation as to his survival would be the cartridge was severely under powered.
Good guess there. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Re: That looks like a serious headache
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 10:41:31 PM »
I took care of a guy that was shot a little left of between the eyes with a 9mm from about 10 feet away by his reports. The bullet was recovered from his sinus. He walked out of the hospital after a couple of nights there.

bob

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 11:13:13 PM »
Don't shoot him, you'll only make him mad.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 11:48:46 PM »
Don't shoot him, you'll only make him mad.

Reminds me of my ex fiance's neighbor.  He was a retired rodeo clown.  Mugger pulled a gun on him one night, and he beat the guy to critical condition.  Said afterward that once a few hundred brahma bulls have tried to kill you, a little bitty bullet just doesn't scare you all that much.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 11:51:23 PM »
That is one serious headache.

I hope they catch the crook.  Because that was a premeditated murder attempt. 

If we weren't so lucky that the perp forgot to add powder to the cartridge*, he wouldn't be around anymore.

*How far will a primer cap send a .45ACP round?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2018, 07:45:23 AM »
"If he was not wearing a helmet then the only explanation as to his survival would be the cartridge was severely under powered."

Not necessarily. The human skull is amazingly tough. There have been recorded incidents of a .45 ACP round failing to penetrate the skull.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2018, 08:39:10 AM »
Not necessarily. The human skull is amazingly tough. There have been recorded incidents of a .45 ACP round failing to penetrate the skull.

[derp]THEY ALL FALL TO HARDBALL![/derp]

Chris