Author Topic: "Release the FISA memo!"  (Read 1048 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"Release the FISA memo!"
« on: January 19, 2018, 09:15:16 AM »
This seems to be the Republican war cry yesterday and today. What do you guys think it will be? They are making it sound practically treasonous. I'm wondering if it's really going to be "worse than Watergate" or Geraldo's vault.

My guess is Obama being personally complicit in something, but hard to say exactly what.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
Re: "Release the FISA memo!"
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 09:37:18 AM »
What's the hold up? Trump and team were supposedly looking into this months ago. ???
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/450113/obama-administration-unmasking-trump-should-declassify
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 09:46:30 AM »
What's the hold up? Trump and team were supposedly looking into this months ago. ???
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/450113/obama-administration-unmasking-trump-should-declassify

I'm unclear, but the newz seems to be indicating this is something new. Either in addition to your link or completely new. But I reckon we won't know until / if  this "new" evidence is declassified.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 11:15:46 AM »
Weweese za sekwit wepaaaaan!

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2018, 12:07:24 PM »

Because it would be dismissed out of hand.  "Trump is making this up !!!  He's the one that colluded with Russia !!!!"  etc.

However, if Congress votes to release this (and the Democrats fight tooth and nail to prevent it), then it comes from a 3rd party (even though they will try to spin it as Republicans that support Trump working to protect him... etc. etc. )

I've got a feeling it shows a semi orchestrated attempt to sabotage his candidacy and prevent him from winning, then to prevent him from governing.    All one has to do is look at what the D's have done so far.   The Russia !  Russia !!!  RUSSIA !!! thing was supposed to create the illusion that his Administration was illegitimate and cripple his ability to govern.  2.  Everything else that has been so far, have the same goals in mind.  3.  Look at the "Shithole" tempst in a teapot.  It was designed to force Trump to sign DACA/Dreamer legislation draft by Sens. Graham, Durbin, and others on the left, to give amnesty and a (clear, clean) path to citizenship, WITHOUT giving in on border security/The Wall.   "President Trump, If you want to prove you're not a racist, then you sign this bill."  F. Chuck Schumer and Dick Durbin already came out and said this.   Now the D's are willing to shutdown the .gov to get a "clean" DACA/Dreamer bill.   I heard on the news this morning that they R's have named it "The Schumer Shutdown", which is apt, and they should just keep hammering that phrase each and every time someone shoves a microphone in their face. 

I knew the D's were never going to agree to anything after that big, televised immigration meeting.  (That was simply to show that Trump is not crazy and/or incompetent, but fully in command of his facilities.) and the D's got bushwhacked into helping show that.   So ol' Lyin' Dick Durbin comes out with the "Shithole" comment (with Sen Graham along for the ride), to blow up any possibility of getting anything done.   I knew there was no way the D's would compromise on anything could or would give Trump and the R's anything to crow about come this fall. 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.