Author Topic: Mike Rowe Does it Again  (Read 1391 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Mike Rowe Does it Again
« on: January 19, 2018, 04:09:50 PM »
Another classic (and classy) Mike Rowe take down of a self-righteous, pseudo-pedantic moron. :)

http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/12/mike-rowe-destroys-woman-who-wants-him-fired-for-being-ultra-right-wing-conservative/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Re: Mike Rowe Does it Again
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 04:15:16 PM »
I read that last week off of Mike's FB page.  Very classy of him made her look like the idiot she is.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 11:31:24 PM »
Wierd....tried to read it...the page disappears into the innernetz twilight zone. :mad:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 03:53:09 AM »
"...mostly because your tactics typify a toxic blend of laziness and group-think that are all too common today – a hot mess of hashtags and intolerance that deepen the chasm currently dividing our country."

Well put.

Terry
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2018, 06:57:40 PM »
"In other words, Rebecca, I don’t think you give a damn about science. If I’m wrong, prove it. Take a step back and be skeptical about your own assumptions. Take a moment to doubt your own words, and ask yourself – as any good scientist would – if you’ve got your head up a black hole."

🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2018, 07:41:16 PM »
Hilarious.  The thing making it truly sad(for her) is that Mike isn't even an 'extreme' anything, from my understanding.  He's actually fairly liberal - he's a Californian Actor, after all.

Being a 'common working man' is something of a role.  However, he's been tempered with his experiences with all the common people who he worked with during his career.

Hell - consider his line - questioning the cost of a college education.  That's something extreme liberals like Bernie do as well.  Questioning the value of a degree is more conservative.

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2018, 09:54:02 AM »
Wierd....tried to read it...the page disappears into the innernetz twilight zone. :mad:

Yeah, that website is pure cancer.  But after playing whack-a-mole with all the popups, I was able to read the article.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2018, 10:10:37 AM »
Yeah, that website is pure cancer.  But after playing whack-a-mole with all the popups, I was able to read the article.

Firefox with Ghostery and Adblock plus running, and it comes up right away with no popups.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2018, 10:18:10 AM »
Firefox with Ghostery and Adblock plus running, and it comes up right away with no popups.

I'm on Firefox/Adblock, so saw no problems. Apologies to those who did.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2018, 10:34:34 AM »
I have Chrome with Adblock, perhaps I should try updating it.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2018, 10:40:48 AM »
Hilarious.  The thing making it truly sad(for her) is that Mike isn't even an 'extreme' anything, from my understanding.  He's actually fairly liberal - he's a Californian Actor, after all.

Being a 'common working man' is something of a role.  However, he's been tempered with his experiences with all the common people who he worked with during his career.

You should take a closer look at his background.

East Coast Native.
Somewhat modest background.
Worked his way into acting gigs via Opera and Sales (both in-person and via HSN).

He may not be "right-wing gun nut" conservative, but I see nothing to indicate he's liberal or had to be "shown the light" with regards to "common people".

Chris