Author Topic: Anybody following the FBI scandal ?  (Read 10222 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Anybody following the FBI scandal ?
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2018, 11:00:45 PM »
I'm waiting for the "Obama was as bad as Nixon" comments once the memo is released.  I have a feeling that things were done at a higher level then just the DoJ and FBI.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Re: Anybody following the FBI scandal ?
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2018, 11:19:47 PM »
I'm waiting for the "Obama was as bad as Nixon" comments once the memo is released.  I have a feeling that things were done at a higher level then just the DoJ and FBI.
I'm sure they were, but were done with plausible deniability and no records.

But hey, if anything this debacle has revealed a lot of hubris, so I could be wrong.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2018, 11:24:02 PM »
Plenty of cases where we know for an absolute certainty who did the deed. Ft. Hood, Aurora theater... Cases like that should be pretty cut and dried. Cross all the Ts, dot all the Is and take 'em out back and bury them ( no wasteful intermediate steps like an actual execution needed). Just dig a big hole with an excavator, throw them in and fill in the hole.

I'd also extend that to any who plead guilty to an appropriate charge; affirm the plea in open court, then deal with it before the sun sets.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2018, 02:42:59 PM »
... aaaand here it is...

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-02-02/fisa-memo-released-heres-what-it-says

I don't think that I have learned anything new that hasn't already been discussed, albeit in a hearsay manner.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2018, 05:15:34 PM »
It would be interesting if they would actually release the FISA application.
No one seems to be calling for that much transparency though. :mad:
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2018, 09:37:38 PM »
It would be interesting if they would actually release the FISA application.
No one seems to be calling for that much transparency though. :mad:

Wait for it....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2018, 10:43:33 AM »
Wait for it....

...but don't hold your breath.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2018, 10:45:25 AM »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2018, 11:07:02 AM »
Our US Rep has been doubling down on the Evil Republicans/Evil Trump stuff lately.

Before Washington Republicans released the Nunes memo, the FBI expressed its "grave concerns" and stated there are "omissions of fact that fundamentally impact the memo’s accuracy." I trust the hardworking men and women who put their lives on the line to protect our nation much more than I trust Chairman Nunes.

Today, Washington Republicans broke a sacred trust between the House of Representatives and our national security, law enforcement and intelligence agencies. I have real concerns that the release of this memo could make it easier for our enemies abroad to avoid surveillance and embolden them to carry out attacks on Americans. This partisan memo is designed specifically to undermine the Mueller investigation into possible ties between President Trump and Vladimir Putin. And with two guilty pleas already secured, Americans should not be fooled by this obvious attempt to distract them.

I can only hope this will come back to bite her. 
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2018, 08:40:23 AM »
http://amp.dailycaller.com/2018/02/04/fusion-gps-ohr/

Under a contract from the Clinton campaign, the Fusion GPS research firm was paying the wife of a senior Department of Justice official as part of its efforts to gather opposition research on Trump, and the same official then brought that research to the FBI.
Not sure if this deserves its own thread, but another item to add to the pile.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2018, 04:14:11 PM »
http://amp.dailycaller.com/2018/02/04/fusion-gps-ohr/
Not sure if this deserves its own thread, but another item to add to the pile.

The Democrats literally do not care. Appearance of impropriety, actual impropriety, outright corruption, they don't care. If it is done for their benefit, doesn't matter what it was, it is good. If it was done against them, it doesn't matter how ethical and upright it is, it's bad. (And so is the person who did it, that goes without saying. <cough> Ken Starr <cough>)

The playbook hasn't changed in years, they are just much more open in supporting corruption now.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2018, 11:09:46 PM »
The Democrats literally do not care. Appearance of impropriety, actual impropriety, outright corruption, they don't care. If it is done for their benefit, doesn't matter what it was, it is good. If it was done against them, it doesn't matter how ethical and upright it is, it's bad. (And so is the person who did it, that goes without saying. <cough> Ken Starr <cough>)

The playbook hasn't changed in years, they are just much more open in supporting corruption now.
And that is just the voters. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Blakenzy

• friend
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2018, 09:18:47 PM »

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2018, 11:30:59 PM »
And yet, not one damn thing will ever come of any of it.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2018, 11:50:33 PM »

ding ding
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2018, 06:23:15 AM »

Very true.  And I am getting very tired of conservative media's hyperventilated bloviating about the subject.  I think it's time for some fresh material as they've beaten this subject to death.  Time to move on to the next outrage.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2018, 06:54:08 AM »
Very true.  And I am getting very tired of conservative media's hyperventilated bloviating about the subject.  I think it's time for some fresh material as they've beaten this subject to death.  Time to move on to the next outrage.

That is exactly what the Left wants.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2018, 08:12:15 AM »

I'm sure it is. However, if the Right is interested in actually pursuing these things, there should be some evidence that consequences will be forthcoming.

Shall I go through all the malfeasance and corruption in the Obama era where the worst "consequences" was someone was "forced" to retire with a fat pension?

Politicians don't want people sick of fake outrage from politicians? Stop talking and take action.

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2018, 08:39:59 AM »
The problem is that those of us/them who are outraged enough to continue the investigation are not the people in charge of prosecuting.  If we/they just say "ah, no one will be charged, therefore we don't need to continue the investigation" every time something like this comes up, then one day we won't even have investigations.  It is a slippery slope.

A swift, public prosecution of even the most minor malfeasance is the only true power we have over the elected official.  Voting the jerk out of office can take years and doesn't really punish him, nor does it disuade other jerks from doing the same things.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2018, 08:54:52 AM »

It’s exactly what the right wants too, at least the politicians

At this point, with the GOP pudding up their feathers, letting Gowdy yell for a bit, then NEVER ACTUALLY TAKING ANY KIND OF ACTION, I’ve given up on the GOP. They’re complicit in all of this and guilty by way of their inaction
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2018, 09:58:25 AM »
The problem is that those of us/them who are outraged enough to continue the investigation are not the people in charge of prosecuting.  If we/they just say "ah, no one will be charged, therefore we don't need to continue the investigation" every time something like this comes up, then one day we won't even have investigations.  It is a slippery slope.

A swift, public prosecution of even the most minor malfeasance is the only true power we have over the elected official.  Voting the jerk out of office can take years and doesn't really punish him, nor does it disuade other jerks from doing the same things.

Ok, I agree that a swift public prosecution is the best way to keep the politicians in line.

Two questions:

When was the last time that happened?

How exactly does a realistic view that the "elites" will protect themselves, to hell with the plebs, in any way change the likelihood that someone, ANYONE (especially one of the (D) persuasion) will ever be held so accountable?

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2018, 10:49:49 AM »
Ok, I agree that a swift public prosecution is the best way to keep the politicians in line.

Two questions:

When was the last time that happened?

How exactly does a realistic view that the "elites" will protect themselves, to hell with the plebs, in any way change the likelihood that someone, ANYONE (especially one of the (D) persuasion) will ever be held so accountable?

Therein lies the problem.  They protect each other regardles of party affiliation.  To get prosecuted, one needs to be on the wrong side of public opinion, not the wrong side of the law.  Right now, anyone accused of sexual assault or harrassment is as good as convicted regardless of the facts.  But breaking the law?  No big deal.  They all do it.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2018, 03:12:27 PM »
They all have blackmail material on each other. Maybe there's not 100% coverage but it's enough to stall, hinder and end investigations.

Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.