Author Topic: Trump Bonuses/Trump Money  (Read 7013 times)

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
Re: Trump Bonuses/Trump Money
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2018, 07:26:06 AM »
The first step for someone buried in credit card debt is to balance their budget. Stop increasing that debt. It certainly does need to be paid down eventually but first you have to stop making it bigger and bigger. You can't go straight from 5th gear into reverse.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2018, 09:59:41 AM »
I just got my $500 ‘Trump bonus’ on Friday. Also, my take home pay went up by about $80 starting with my check 2 weeks ago...
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2018, 02:26:54 PM »
Crumbs.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2018, 11:47:34 PM »
Pfft. Crumbs. You can't even buy a Prius for that.

You can buy a spot on Elio's BS list and still have $500 left over for your lawyer.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2018, 07:09:00 AM »
Nancy Pelosi is apparently doubling down on her anti-tax cut rhetoric with a 100 city tour.

Meanwhile, now over 50% of Americans favor the tax cuts.

The first couple of minutes are here: http://video.foxnews.com/v/5738406726001/?#sp=show-clips

One has to wonder how long it is before her own party works to marginalize her and remove her from leadership for being an absolute buffoon.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2018, 08:54:55 AM »
Nancy Pelosi is apparently doubling down on her anti-tax cut rhetoric with a 100 city tour.

Meanwhile, now over 50% of Americans favor the tax cuts.

The first couple of minutes are here: http://video.foxnews.com/v/5738406726001/?#sp=show-clips

One has to wonder how long it is before her own party works to marginalize her and remove her from leadership for being an absolute buffoon.
It is likely a 100 city tour to raise money since donations to the Democrat Party have been pretty low since Trump took office.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2018, 09:24:28 AM »
As A board member of a small financial association, we had quite a bit of discussion about what to do with the projected savings from our lowered tax rate. After much discussion it was decided to give a one time bonus of $1000 to each and every employee. That's about 40 people. They seem pretty happy with thier crumbs.
We might decide to do it again depending on future earnings but it was announced to them as a one time because of the change in the association's tax rate.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2018, 09:33:16 AM »
YOU HEARTLESS BASTARDS! YOU COMPANY MAKES BILLIONS AND YOU RETURN A CRUMB OF A CRUMB TO THE CRUMBS WHO EARN YOU THOSE CRUMBS!

Sorry, channeling Nancy...

I wish my company would kick back some of the benefits to the employees. But of course they won't.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2018, 09:35:17 AM »

I wish my company would kick back some of the benefits to the employees. But of course they won't.

Probably run by liberals. "Make the crumbs hurt!"
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2018, 09:50:22 AM »
No, run by asshats who are so *expletive deleted*ing afraid of the shareholders that they piss their pants every time someone says annual meeting.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2018, 10:25:16 AM »
Eh, out company tossed out the projected savings.

...and in the same announcement said it'd be "at least six months" before they had a chance to finish a review what they can pass along to the employees. IOW they figure by then folks will forget about it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2018, 11:17:03 AM »
Just to add that this is one of the few remaining traditional mutual financial associations so there are no stockholders taking dividends but every account is a shareholder. Primary products are mortgage lending and deposit accounts. We have to have earnings but we don't have to satisfy greedy bastard stockholders.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2018, 11:34:33 AM »
Just to add that this is one of the few remaining traditional mutual financial associations so there are no stockholders taking dividends but every account is a shareholder. Primary products are mortgage lending and deposit accounts. We have to have earnings but we don't have to satisfy greedy bastard stockholders.

OH! So you're the one destroying the for-profit banking industry! For shame! Don't you know how bad off Wells Fargo, Bank of America, and Chase are? They have to have DOMESTIC sparkling wine at their board meetings!

Used to hear that *expletive deleted*it all the time when the banking industry was on a big push to "make the playing field level" in the 1990s when I was working for Navy Federal Credit Union.

NFCU at the time had something like $30 billion in member assets. Today, as the largest credit union in the United States, it has about $55 billion in member assets.

Bank of America? $2.28 TRILLION, and it's the number 2 after JP Morgan Chase.

When he testified at the House Banking Committee that was looking at taxing credit unions, our President said that if the banks truly wanted a level playing field, they should begin by having all-volunteer boards of directors (like credit unions) and returning that money to customers in the form of lower fees and higher rates.

The howls from the banking industry were pretty loud.

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2018, 11:50:11 AM »
Mike, I still hear talk about leveling that playing field.
Mutuals (fka "thrift" institutions) are now under OCC regulation since Obama merged the OTS into OCC. Credit Unions are generally seen as less burdoned by regulations. The mutuals used to be kind of between the CUs and the community or stock institutions but have been shifted closer to the banks in regulatory burdens while having fewer options for products or services and therefore lower potential for earnings.
The number of traditional mutuals has greatly diminished over the years. its still very interesting for me to see how they function.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2018, 12:33:24 PM »
About 10 years ago the push was all about "leveling the playing field for community banks!!!!"

What they weren't saying is that the big banks were gobbling up the community banks like Rosie O'Donnell gobbles up Chunky Munky.