Author Topic: Schiff Claims FISA Memo Will Lead to Bombings  (Read 1244 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
Re: Schiff Claims FISA Memo Will Lead to Bombings
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 06:19:39 PM »
 :facepalm:

The memo did not live up to its "worse than watergate" hype, it hardly seemed worthy of classification at all. We certainly have an overclassification problem.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 06:43:16 PM »
While Schiff is moron, I do think the memo showed that (upper levels of the) FBI decided to violate the 4th Amendment rights of an American Citizen, on what it knew was unverified and false probable cause to obtain a wiretap warrant.   And it shows clear political bias in the conduct of an investigation into a criminal and counterintelligence investigation (Hillary's e-mails).

It also showed that FISA system is broken as that FBI was supposed to provide as part of it's warrant application any exculpatory evidence and/or evidence favorable to the target of the warrant.  The FBI deliberately withheld that information.

Finally, How did Clinton know about the "Russian Collusion" unless she had some back channel to the FBI to know about that investigation?
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 10:02:14 PM »
The mere fact that the FISA court system exists at all is evidence that it's broken. The existence of secret courts, whose records can't be released even after the fact, is anathema to the Constitution.

I am ashamed that the government just renewed the warrantless spying act, and that Trump didn't veto it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

grampster

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 10:39:51 PM »
I'm glad that my congresscritter is Justin Amash who votes NO on every bill that violates the Constitution.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 01:39:20 AM »
Good article in the NY POst: https://nypost.com/2018/02/03/the-gop-memo-proves-the-deep-state-is-real/

The claims in the memo that FBI and Justice officials acted corruptly should concern all fair-minded Americans, regardless of political preference. Those claims force us to ask whether we are a nation of laws that apply equally to all.

If not, we are no longer America. We are a banana republic where it’s acceptable for the government to use its police powers against political opponents.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2018, 08:28:43 PM »
when bombs are thrown in America,  it is most often  liberals throwing them

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2018, 08:48:09 AM »
IMO, the memo was basically an official version of what we already knew. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2018, 08:51:44 AM »
I am leaning toward the idea that the only thing worse than all the evidence and suspicious reports regarding a criminal suspect becoming public information is all that information remaining secret. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2018, 10:42:04 AM »
I am leaning toward the idea that the only thing worse than all the evidence and suspicious reports regarding a criminal suspect becoming public information is all that information remaining secret.

The only thing worse is the fact that ultimately nothing will be done and none of the guilty will be brought to justice. 
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.