Author Topic: Superbowl  (Read 1901 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Superbowl
« on: February 04, 2018, 10:12:24 PM »
The Eagles beat the Patriots. Yay!

I'm really happy for Foles. Not bad for a backup quarterback.

http://bleacherreport.com/philadelphia-eagles

Nick Foles is the ONLY player in NFL history to throw for a TD & catch a TD in The Super Bowl

41 points. In the Super Bowl. Against the Patriots. With a backup quarterback. #Eagles
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

T.O.M.

• friend
Re: Superbowl
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 10:38:17 PM »
Agreed.  Nice story.  Backup to Super Bowl MVP.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 10:42:09 PM »
So what is the over/under on destructive riots celebrations in Philly tonight?

I'm thinking the cold will keep them down some.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 10:44:24 PM »
So what is the over/under on destructive riots celebrations in Philly tonight?

I'm thinking the cold will keep them down some.

It's Philly,  how would you be able to tell either way?
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 11:47:53 PM »
And Foles wins MVP. Probably not a surprise, and he deserves it all the way. Great job by Nick Foles, I'm super happy for him.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2018-super-bowl-mvp-nick-foles-rewarded-for-completing-eagles-underdog-story/

Reportedly, Tom Brady had already written his MVP speech. Sorry, Tom -- maybe next year.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 12:17:43 AM »
The NFC East becomes the only division in which all four teams have a SB win.

Former Raider and SB champ Howie Long got to watch his son, Chris become a champion.

I don't think they're the only father-son pair of champs but there are very few.

Most yardage of any NFL game ever.

May be the only SB where each QB had a pass thrown to them. Probably only a handful of those in NFL history.

Belichick is rumored to be coming back to the Pats. Even if there is friction between him and Kraft, Kraft would have to be a fool to gift some other team with Belichick's talents. Imagine if he ended up in the AFC East. That would be a nightmare for the Pats.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2018, 12:49:57 AM »

May be the only SB where each QB had a pass thrown to them. Probably only a handful of those in NFL history.

The only SB game in which a quarterback has caught a touchdown pass. And I find it amusing that Foles' catch was basically the exact same play that didn't work for the Patriots.

I'm just incredibly happy for Nick Foles, who almost retired after the end of the 2016 season. But what a dilemma now for the Eagles -- Carson Wentz is supposed to be their "franchise" quarterback, so what do you do with a guy like Foles when Wentz is healthy next season?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2018, 07:17:42 AM »
"Former Raider and SB champ Howie Long got to watch his son, Chris become a champion."

He got to do that last year. Long was a member of the Patriots when they beat the Falcons.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2018, 08:48:41 AM »
That was a good game.  Serious shootout.  Also felt like the refs were in the backseat, calling few penalties and letting football get played, especially in the secondary. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2018, 09:25:04 AM »
And both Boston and Philadelphia got trashed. Why can't people just be happy without being destructive?

I hate humanity!  :mad:

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2018, 12:10:49 PM »
I didn't watch it; I tried watching the Puppy Bowl instead but that had *way* too much commentary.  So I played a game of Civilization instead (this one)
"It's good, though..."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2018, 12:54:25 PM »
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2018, 01:00:50 PM »
Hit the video store and the pizza joint about 4pm.

Team America World Police and The Big Lebowski.

Still funny, even though I've seen them before.  (They were in the 2 for $1 rental pile.)
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2018, 01:47:22 PM »
And both Boston and Philadelphia got trashed. Why can't people just be happy without being destructive?

To be fair, that's probably just another weekend in Philly.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2018, 02:00:08 PM »
It's harder to name the last city that didn't have destructive celebrations than not.

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
                         - Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2018, 09:23:02 PM »
It's harder to name the last city that didn't have destructive celebrations than not.
Houston didn't.  But they don't have very many championships.  Everyone is usually just in shock that the rug wasn't pulled out from under us at the last second. 

I thought all those people were just volunteers for the Philly Beautification Project.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2018, 07:55:53 AM »
Houston didn't.  But they don't have very many championships.  Everyone is usually just in shock that the rug wasn't pulled out from under us at the last second. 

I thought all those people were just volunteers for the Philly Beautification Project.  

Yep, they work for the Wilson Goode Neighborhood Revitalization Program.

Points if you get that reference...

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2018, 09:26:15 AM »
Hit the video store and the pizza joint about 4pm.

Team America World Police and The Big Lebowski.

Still funny, even though I've seen them before.  (They were in the 2 for $1 rental pile.)

We watched "Herbie goes to Monte Carlo"

My children had never seen a Herbie movie before. They were giggling all the way through the movie.

This is the first Superbowl I've completely "missed" since I can remember such things. Funny, I didn't miss it at all.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2018, 09:28:58 AM »
All of my friends told me that I'd find Team America World Police the funniest movie I've ever seen.

Horrific, unfunny shitshow of epic proportions doesn't even come close to describing what I thought of it.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2018, 10:19:56 AM »
All of my friends told me that I'd find Team America World Police the funniest movie I've ever seen.

Horrific, unfunny shitshow of epic proportions doesn't even come close to describing what I thought of it.
It has been a while since I saw it.  I thought it had some memorable moments.  I think someone said it was the first string puppet love scene in movies. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2018, 03:09:43 PM »
And Foles wins MVP. Probably not a surprise, and he deserves it all the way. Great job by Nick Foles, I'm super happy for him.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2018-super-bowl-mvp-nick-foles-rewarded-for-completing-eagles-underdog-story/

Reportedly, Tom Brady had already written his MVP speech. Sorry, Tom -- maybe next year.

https://www.facebook.com/sbnation/videos/10155077960806536/
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2018, 05:51:40 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/sbnation/videos/10155077960806536/

Can't view link without logging in -- which I can't do because I don't have a Facebook account.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2018, 06:19:55 PM »
Can't view link without logging in -- which I can't do because I don't have a Facebook account.

It's the video of Tom Brady butter fingering the pass they threw to him, except instead of a football it's the Vince Lombardi Trophy.  :rofl:
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2018, 08:40:47 PM »

I can view it without logging in.

It's the video of Tom Brady butter fingering the pass they threw to him, except instead of a football it's the Vince Lombardi Trophy.  :rofl:

... with a disco version of "The Foggy Dew" on the audio, which is just wrong.

(ETA:)

« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 12:48:25 AM by Angel Eyes »
                         - Barack Obama