Author Topic: FLORIDA MAN FALLS VICTIM TO LEPROSY AFTER...um...contact.... WITH ARMADILLO  (Read 1328 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Head about this on the radio.  Walton and Johnson does a regular "Florida Man" segment. 
http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/florida-man-falls-victim-to-leprosy-after-sex-with-armadillo/
A man in Florida has a very, very close relationship with his armadillo and contracted leprosy.  I have a feeling that whoever selected pictures for the story at the link was laughing about that choice.  

“At first glance, we tried to treat the affliction as an STD, but we soon realized our treatments were unsuccessful and the disease kept spreading more intensely until family members decided to tell us about the family animal” explains Dr. James H. Potter.

“The family was afraid of legal consequences for the boy, but I’m glad they told us the entire story so that we can now treat him properly and prevent further spread of the disease” he added.

Judging by the links that popped up, contracting leprosy from contact with armadillos is a problem that comes up more often than I thought, but this case is unique (thankfully).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3968884/Man-caught-leprosy-armadillo-Florida-describes-agonizing-ordeal-left-unable-walk-year.html
This case just involved a scratch, but gives a little more information.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
Leprosy from 'dillo's is a real problem down here.  I have to make sure my dog doesn't play with them, and I shoot them when they set up in my yard.  They are considered vermin here.

And that's without knowing one......biblically.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Darwin is denied satisfaction yet again...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

MechAg94

• friend
Darwin is denied satisfaction yet again...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
There could be permanent damage to prevent passing on genes, but I don't want to wait around for an update.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
Satire news site guys!

This one is hilarious:

DNA TESTS PROVE RETIRED POSTMAN HAS OVER 1,300 ILLEGITIMATE CHILDREN

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Leprosy from 'dillo's is a real problem down here.  I have to make sure my dog doesn't play with them, and I shoot them when they set up in my yard.  They are considered vermin here.

And that's without knowing one......biblically.

We have them here as well.  I think they're liable to carry leprosy where ever they live.  They remind me of small dinosaurs,  armored like that....but don't fool with them or let your pets fool with 'em.

And,  yeah,  don't have sex with them either.. :facepalm: [tinfoil] [popcorn] :laugh: :police: :police: :police: ;/.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

mtnbkr

• friend
You people have the reading comprehension of retarded 1st graders.  The first link was to WorldNetDaily, which is so deep into tabloid-land, it makes The Enquirer look serious.

The 2nd link is legit (well, more legit, it is DailyMail after all), but doesn't AT ALL mention having sex with the critter.

Chris

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
"You people have the reading comprehension of retarded 1st graders."

Really? You think they're as high achieving as that?

:rofl: :rofl:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
You people have the reading comprehension of retarded 1st graders. 

How retarded would that be? Profoundly retarded or just a touch of Down's perhaps, it could make a difference you know.   =|

bob

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
I'm not supposed to have sex in Amarillo because of leprechauns?
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Re: FLORIDA MAN FALLS VICTIM TO LEPROSY AFTER...um...contact.... WITH ARMADILLO
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2018, 02:47:35 PM »

That's not how it works, it doesn't work like that at all.

It doesn't say you can't have sex in Amarillo, it is just all of the leprechauns in Amarillo have STDs.

bob

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2018, 03:30:36 PM »

:rofl:

And that's why I love this site.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2018, 04:21:29 PM »
I know a guy who went drinking with an armadillo.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2018, 06:28:35 PM »

What you and jamis do while on vacation is none of our business.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2018, 06:32:37 PM »
You people have the reading comprehension of retarded 1st graders.  The first link was to WorldNetDaily, which is so deep into tabloid-land, it makes The Enquirer look serious.

The 2nd link is legit (well, more legit, it is DailyMail after all), but doesn't AT ALL mention having sex with the critter.

Chris

Hey,  I may be a retarded first grader .... but I was only commenting on what I read in this thread! [tinfoil] [popcorn] :angel: :angel: .....  =D
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2018, 06:43:51 PM »
You people have the reading comprehension of retarded 1st graders.

So, about on par with your average liberal arts college student today.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2018, 07:00:07 PM »
Isn’t this armed polite society? No one has asked what caliber for Armadillos with STDs yet? Or was that what caliber for leprechauns in Amarillo? I’m totally confused now.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2018, 07:16:11 PM »
You people have the reading comprehension of retarded 1st graders.  The first link was to WorldNetDaily, which is so deep into tabloid-land, it makes The Enquirer look serious.

Chris
The 2nd link was an entirely different story.  It just had more information the disease which is why I included it.  I was just passing on what I heard on the radio.  It is still funny in a weird way.   =)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2018, 07:31:59 PM »
Isn’t this armed polite society? No one has asked what caliber for Armadillos with STDs yet? Or was that what caliber for leprechauns in Amarillo? I’m totally confused now.

I've whacked them ('dillos) with everything from my longbow to .45-70 Gov.
The one I killed with the longbow was the most interesting. I was just shooting around the back of my property with Judo points when I spotted the thing.
Managed to get head on with it at about 15 yards. I was going for a shot down the front hoping to get inside the armor. Center punched it in the head right between the eyes with the judo point. It jumped straight up about 4' and fell over dead.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

grampster

• friend
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2018, 09:19:15 PM »
Why would anyone want to go out and shoot dildos.  You are a sick person.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw