Author Topic: 2019 Toyota TRD Pro  (Read 2700 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: 2019 Toyota TRD Pro
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2018, 06:41:45 PM »
I had someone tell me Toyota used a sealed transmission on the Tacoma.  Does that still have the breather?

AFAIK, 5th gen Tacomas and 4Runners use the same engine/tranny combos*. My 4Runner is not sealed.

*For the V6 and auto. Tacoma has a 4 banger and manual option, 4Runner does not.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2018, 07:58:58 PM »
What year?  Manual or automatic?

My 1997 4Runner, which is a 3rd Gen 5spd has breathers.  Otherwise, you'd blow seals.  If theyr'e sealed now, I'd like to understand how they account for expansion of air and fluid inside the transmission as it warms up.

Chris

Not say Toyota does or does not, but you deal with expansion in a sealed unit dy having a void, and a rubber bellows or diaphragm separating the fluid from the void. Void is usually vented air. Fluid depends and pushed diaphragm into void. Anything 5hat gets in the void is separated from your clean fluid.

This technique is used on tons of things from magnetic compasses to hydraulic drives, to transmissions and rear ends.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2018, 09:19:04 PM »
Every time I see one of those Toyota trucks go by, I wonder why in the world Toyota would call their truck a TuRD. :old:
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw