Author Topic: New Smith and Wesson 380 Shield EZ  (Read 662 times)

T.O.M.

• friend
New Smith and Wesson 380 Shield EZ
« on: February 08, 2018, 08:27:52 PM »
The new Smith .380 is out...

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/mp-380-shield-ez-0

Low recoil. Easy racking slide. Easy load mags.  Looks like a good choice for someone with weaker hands, or recoil sensitive.   My grandmother hated giving up her .357 for a .22 after injuring her wrist, but the .38 recoil was too painful to practice.  I was searching for an old Colt Government .380 when she broke her hip and moved into the assisted living facility.  This would have been a good gun for her.  Thoughts?
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Re: New Smith and Wesson 380 Shield EZ
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 08:54:03 PM »
The tactical purists will complain about the grip safety.    With a "crisp, light trigger" you need something.  I've also seen these pictured with a big frame mounted thumb safety.

About the size of my XDS with the mid length magazine, but much lighter.

Aimed at an under-served part of the market, those with some strength limitations.  It has possibilities.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 09:43:56 PM »
The tactical purists will complain about the grip safety. 

They gotta have somethin' to grouse about.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 11:24:23 PM »
S&W has been using MIM barrels on some models lately. That just feels wrong even if it is sound engineering-wise.

http://smith-wessonforum.com/s-w-revolvers-1980-present/123513-mim-barrel-look.html
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"