Author Topic: Open - shut - open  (Read 1169 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Open - shut - open
« on: February 09, 2018, 09:08:08 AM »
Annnnnnnd ... the government is shut down open.

And Nancy Pelosi is upset about the dreamers.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2018/02/09/federal-government-reopen-after-house-passes-budget-deal/322535002/

Now she wants an open debate on DACA. Which is what there should be -- a debate about DACA. The debate about DACA should not be tied to or held hostage by debates on the budget, the military, social (in)security, the mating habits of African Tsetse flies, or anything else. If the Congress wants to debate DACA, they should debate DACA. But I don't think Ms. Pelosi really wants an open debate on DACA. She and her cohorts will find some other issue to tie it to so there can't be a truly open discussion just on DACA.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Open - shut - open
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 09:14:17 AM »
And Nancy Pelosi is upset about the dreamers.

Immediate thread veer: I'm tired of people making up "woke" crap that their kids or grandkids said. There are entirely too many six year old reincarnations of famous historical philosophers roaming our lands.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 11:23:14 AM »
DACA
Don't Americans Count Anymore?
What we have here is failure to communicate.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 12:39:57 PM »
DACA
Don't Americans Count Anymore?

No.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 01:11:12 PM »
Sigh.

Mandatory Overtime last week and next week. One day of Furlough this week. :facepalm:

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2018, 06:01:02 PM »
Who are the people that vote these chipmunks into office over and over again?
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2018, 12:32:49 AM »
Who are the people that vote these chipmunks into office over and over again?
Illegal aliens?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2018, 07:28:48 AM »
Illegal aliens?

Too close to the truth to be funny.  Or even a question.