Author Topic: Machete research  (Read 1988 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Machete research
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2018, 01:07:18 AM »
We need to put up fencing so we can get goats.  The machetes are to hack out a fence line.

Figuring next spring we'll get the goats.  Then next fall we'll eat the goats.

Good plan.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Re: Machete research
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2018, 08:49:23 AM »
We need to put up fencing so we can get goats.  The machetes are to hack out a fence line.

Figuring next spring we'll get the goats.  Then next fall we'll eat the goats.
Yay for edible lawnmowers

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2018, 08:49:08 PM »
The most comfortable out of the box machete I have ever used is the Condor wood handled 18" El Salvador model.  It costs a bit more than many, but you get a great leather sheath with it.  I have a number of machetes made by Ontario and Condor.  I will never buy another Ontario machete no matter the price.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2018, 09:11:06 PM »
The most comfortable out of the box machete I have ever used is the Condor wood handled 18" El Salvador model.  It costs a bit more than many, but you get a great leather sheath with it.  I have a number of machetes made by Ontario and Condor.  I will never buy another Ontario machete no matter the price.

I have a couple of the Condor knives and like them a lot for what they are. Super easy to sharpen. Though from what I've seen prices on Condor stuff has skyrocketed since a few years back when I got my knives.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2018, 09:35:06 PM »
I have obviously noticed the price increases on Condor stuff.  I used to just pick something up just to play with it, now not so much since last year.  I have to really want that particular blade.  Condor has gone to MAP pricing also which ups the price a bit, but levels the knife business playing field somewhat.  That happened last year.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

brimic

• friends
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2018, 08:38:09 AM »
Tramontina machete- best quality to price ratio that you’ll find.
I use a cheap $15 paki Kukri for most brush/vine chopping
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama