Author Topic: It May Be Black, But it's Not Gay!  (Read 2675 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
It May Be Black, But it's Not Gay!
« on: February 13, 2018, 09:40:40 AM »
The Black Panther movie is being taken to task as not woke for not featuring LBQDHJFJKEJSJFOLSLFNS characters.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2018/02/13/not-woke-enough-black-panther-criticized-over-underrepresentation-of-this-group/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: It May Be Black, But it's Not Gay!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 11:12:46 AM »
Remember when we weren't supposed to care what people did in the privacy of their own bedrooms?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 11:23:22 AM »
IMDB says there's 129 actors/actresses in Black Panther.  I assume from the rating you don't get to see them all bang someone, so how do they know there aren't gays (or bi-sexuals)?

It's not like they wear labels.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 11:32:28 AM »
IMDB says there's 129 actors/actresses in Black Panther.  I assume from the rating you don't get to see them all bang someone, so how do they know there aren't gays (or bi-sexuals)?

It's not like they wear labels.

"They must wear labels so they can be properly categorized, counted, recognized, and applauded."  - Leftist weirdos.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 12:01:25 PM »
https://www.dailywire.com/news/27071/leftist-sent-single-stupidest-tweet-human-history-ben-shapiro

Every time we think we've reached peak woke - the Left takes a little bit more cocaine, and a shot of espresso.

So if all the white people avoid the movie in its opening weekend, that's a good thing?  :rofl:

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 12:44:58 PM »
"They must wear labels so they can be properly categorized, counted, recognized, and applauded."  - Leftist weirdos.
Like these?

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 01:06:00 PM »
Why are there pink hearts on their uniforms?
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 01:12:35 PM »
Why are there pink hearts on their uniforms?

Didn't you know Mike Pence is herding all the LGB389*3#jubjubjub into prison camps, and giving them electro-shock hetero-therapy? They only allow black & white photography, being anti-rainbow, and all.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2018, 06:02:15 PM »
Yeah! Why is it called Wakanda instead of Wokekanda? #boycotttheinsufficientlytolerantpoc
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2018, 11:29:57 AM »
https://www.dailywire.com/news/27130/new-york-times-wonders-can-white-kids-dress-black-emily-zanotti

Oh the noes! White kids might want to be like a black guy! What will we do?!

I don't recall any panic from the Left, back when I was a kid. White kids were all wearing Michael Jordan jerseys, and listening to rap. We survived. Then Obama came along, and screwed it all up.

Brigitte Vittrup of Texas Women's College told the Times that any parent allowing their child to dress up as Black Panther must, at least, discuss with them the concept of privilege: “White people have the privilege of not constantly being reminded of their race in the United States, where white is the majority, whereas as a black person you don’t."

Well, I wasn't constantly reminded of my race, until every other news article was about how being white is something one should atone for, in various ways.

I think it bears repeating that "white nationalism" today is the result of left-wing identity politics. They've pitted every other race against whites, and feign outrage that some whites are getting tribal right back at them. Execrable, yet predictable.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2018, 02:07:40 PM »
Yeah! Why is it called Wakanda instead of Wokekanda? #boycotttheinsufficientlytolerantpoc

I watched Black Panther last night on Roku (not sure what channel it was on, maybe Netflix)  I didn't get it.  Maybe that was why. (Wokekanda)  It was still entertaining enough that I didn't turn it off.
"It's good, though..."

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2018, 02:30:43 PM »
I don’t really recall anyone having sex in the movie. Of course I think both my date and I fell asleep at different times so maybe I missed something. It was the worst of all the Marvel Movies by far. Massively overrated and fall asleep boring during several parts.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2018, 02:37:38 PM »
When we finished 'Ozark' the other night on Netflix, I noticed the Black Panther movie is now on Netflix.  Is it worth watching?  We have not gotten into the Marvel stuff at all.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2018, 02:40:00 PM »
My problem with it was that it was about a tribe (or group of tribes) in Africa that has been aggressively isolationist for a centuries but the characters acted like they all grew up in urban USA.  Why would they suddenly adopt an attitude of brotherhood with people not in their tribe?  I guess I figured it sounds like the storyline was written for comic books for a US audience.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2018, 02:41:32 PM »
When we finished 'Ozark' the other night on Netflix, I noticed the Black Panther movie is now on Netflix.  Is it worth watching?  We have not gotten into the Marvel stuff at all.
I think it is worth watching, but I wouldn't spend much money on it.  Redbox is cheap.  If you like the Marvel movies, you probably need to see it to keep up with the storylines.  I really don't think it was the worst, but not the best as a lot of the hype tried to say.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2018, 02:42:52 PM »
When we finished 'Ozark' the other night on Netflix, I noticed the Black Panther movie is now on Netflix.  Is it worth watching?  We have not gotten into the Marvel stuff at all.

If you haven’t seen the other Marvel Movies I would say no. If you want to round out the whole storyline then it’s worth watching, but highly overrated.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2018, 05:53:30 PM »
I realize it's a comic book storyline and you have to suspend a lot of disbelief... 

[spoilers]
But I didn't see any logical link between this mystical metal "vibranium" and all the advanced technology they had.  Also, how did they forge the stuff into tools in the first place, like that adze or whatever it was in the museum?
[/spoilers]
"It's good, though..."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2018, 07:47:14 AM »
Parts of the Black Panther movie nearly needed subtitles to understand the heavily-accented patois some of the characters spoke with.

As for racism . . . there was a scene in which one of the black African kings and his court silenced a white guy who tried to say something by hooting like baboons. No playing to a nasty stereotype there. :facepalm:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain