Author Topic: I've waited a while for the NPS to get what it deserves  (Read 775 times)

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
I've waited a while for the NPS to get what it deserves
« on: February 16, 2018, 05:12:56 PM »
And it hopefully will happen. The AltNPS crowd is foaming at the notion that Trump will "eliminate 2000 Rangers" and cut the NPS and DOI budgets (a "drastic" 7% and 16% respectively)

https://washingtonmonthly.com/2018/02/13/trump-proposes-firing-2000-park-rangers/#.WoTd3oVBYVO.facebook

Surely it can't be the case of waste, fraud, and abuse plus overstaffing like much of the rest of the federal government...no he's at war with Mother Nature  ;/

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: I've waited a while for the NPS to get what it deserves
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 05:34:03 PM »
Bah. Humbug.

I've been to a lot of national parks over the years, and only VERY rarely have I even seen rangers. Most of the services NPS visitors encounter are run by outside concessionaires. This includes the gift/souvenir shops, the restaurants, the hotels (for those that have them, such as the Grand canyon), and a bunch more. I only remember interacting with actual park rangers twice -- once at Casa Grande in Arizona (which is actually a national monument, not a national park, but it falls under the NPS), and once at the Jefferson Arch in St. Louis.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Pb

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 11:08:10 AM »
I love public parks.

But the federal ones should be given to the states and converted to state parks.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 03:06:34 PM »
Last time I read about park rangers was when they tried browbeating a bunch of senior citizens to stop "recreating" (taking pictures) at a tour bus rest stop when they were leaving a newly-closed park during the Obama government shut down.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 04:42:51 PM »
"altNPS"

>:D >:D :lol: :lol:

the more we decimate government the happier I am.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 08:23:19 AM »
As far as I'm concerned, the NPS took sides in this modern political hellscape when they "shut down" the Blue Ridge Parkway and assorted monuments during the government shut down.

They deserve everything coming to them.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2018, 09:23:25 AM »
As far as I'm concerned, the NPS took sides in this modern political hellscape when they "shut down" the Blue Ridge Parkway and assorted monuments during the government shut down.

They deserve everything coming to them.

This.