Author Topic: This one looks bad  (Read 34583 times)

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
Re: This one looks bad
« Reply #150 on: February 21, 2018, 03:17:32 PM »
I saw some FL state rep had to fire one of his employees for suggesting some of the "kids" are shills. I'm pretty sure his statement was accurate. Which didn't change his being run over by a bus. We can't be interjecting truth and facts when we need to be emotional.

FWIW i have not yet seen anything beyond unsubstantiated comments that David Hogg was not a student at the high school in question. Obviously that may change. Regardless, the children of that school--all of them--are being ruthlessly exploited by the Blue Church. Not all of them unwillingly.

My two cents.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #152 on: February 21, 2018, 06:38:59 PM »
I had a question pop into my reptilian brain last night while watching the news. It showed some really nice busses getting ready to take the kids from the FL school to the capitol. I thought to my self, where did the money come from on the spur of the moment? Nice buses, overnight in Tallahassee. Probably not from the kids or the parents. I just wonder if following the money would end up back at Bloomberg or one of his groups. My wife and I think so.

Maybe somebody should try to follow this money and see just who is behind this push, as if we don't already know.

Just a random thought from last night.

bob

Not exactly a short trip either. I know that the Million Mom March has it's hand in it.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #153 on: February 21, 2018, 06:43:49 PM »
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/florida-students-began-with-optimism-then-they-spoke-to-lawmakers/ar-BBJqsAY?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=ientp
[quote}“We can’t stop crazies,” she told the group.

Afterward, Amanda De La Cruz, 16, looked distraught. “I want the ban on semiautomatic weapons,” she said. “I don’t care about the crazies.”[/quote]

This pretty much explains their thinking. They don't actually care about coming up with working solutions. They just want to ban things.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #154 on: February 21, 2018, 07:11:05 PM »
Any chance of a ban working starts with 100% border security. Let that sink in with them for a while.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #155 on: February 21, 2018, 10:47:46 PM »
I had a question pop into my reptilian brain last night while watching the news. It showed some really nice busses getting ready to take the kids from the FL school to the capitol. I thought to my self, where did the money come from on the spur of the moment? Nice buses, overnight in Tallahassee. Probably not from the kids or the parents. I just wonder if following the money would end up back at Bloomberg or one of his groups. My wife and I think so.

Maybe somebody should try to follow this money and see just who is behind this push, as if we don't already know.

Just a random thought from last night.

Bloomberg + Soros
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #156 on: February 22, 2018, 06:38:16 PM »
So it appears an armed Sheriff's Deputy was on site, but did not actively seek the shooter. An Internal Affairs investigation was started and he has resigned his position.

At this point, with no further info, I am hesitant to be "infuriated" as others seem to be. Perhaps the deputy was completely in the wrong. Perhaps he was trying to figure out what was going on. Perhaps it was standard procedure, or he was ordered, to take a position and wait. Perhaps he's being made a scapegoat (I am less and less impressed with the Broward Sheriff). More info needed.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2018/02/22/unbelievable-broward-county-sheriffs-latest-confession-sets-blood-boiling-video/

Edit: more recent info may indicate the deputy screwed the pooch. At the building, knew there was an active shooter, and according to the Sheriff, SOP is to engage the shooter.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/22/cop-assigned-to-florida-school-never-went-in-amid-shooting-sheriff-says.html
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 06:57:35 PM by Ben »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #157 on: February 22, 2018, 07:10:09 PM »
So it appears an armed Sheriff's Deputy was on site, but did not actively seek the shooter. An Internal Affairs investigation was started and he has resigned his position.

At this point, with no further info, I am hesitant to be "infuriated" as others seem to be. Perhaps the deputy was completely in the wrong. Perhaps he was trying to figure out what was going on. Perhaps it was standard procedure, or he was ordered, to take a position and wait. Perhaps he's being made a scapegoat (I am less and less impressed with the Broward Sheriff). More info needed.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2018/02/22/unbelievable-broward-county-sheriffs-latest-confession-sets-blood-boiling-video/

Edit: more recent info may indicate the deputy screwed the pooch. At the building, knew there was an active shooter, and according to the Sheriff, SOP is to engage the shooter.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/22/cop-assigned-to-florida-school-never-went-in-amid-shooting-sheriff-says.html

I'm too weary to be infuriated. I'm not even amazed. I'll withhold my opinion as to what kind of officers generally apply for school resource officer duty but let's just say it's not the same guys who try out for the SWAT team.

https://www.leoaffairs.com/deputy-sro-school-shooting-not-fire-weapon-actions-scrutinized-sros-given-rifles/

He also said BSO was reviewing whether the first officers on the scene rushed into the school, as they are trained to do when an active shooter is on the rampage. So far, police have not determined which officers from which agencies were first to enter Building 12, the scene of the violence. Israel did say BSO deputies “pulled people out, saved lives.”

Jeff Bell, the president of the Broward Sheriff’s Office Deputies Association, said the union was satisfied with the response time of the cops who rushed to the scene. “Our guys could still hear the final barrage of gunfire as they arrived,” Bell said.

The shooter, however, slipped away before cops could find him in the chaos.

“Forty-five acres, just over 3,000 students and you’re looking for one. Certainly makes it more difficult,” Bell said.

BS the responding cops saved lives. The SRO who should have responded didn't. When the cavalry arrived, the shooter ditched his weapon and blended in with the crowd. The responding cops did what they were supposed to do, but the honest truth is that, as usual, by the time they arrived and made entry the game was over. Any lives they saved were by performing first aid, not by taking on (or taking out) the shooter. But it makes a great sound bite to tell the media that the responding officers "saved lives."

[Edit to add] Furthermore, it appears that it wasn't Sheriff Israel's deputies who were the first to go in and the first to start saving lives -- it was Coral Springs officers.

In 2014, Peterson [the SRO deputy] was named School Resource Officer of the Year in Parkland, WSVN reported. The district stated "Deputy Peterson has proven to be reliable in handling issues with tact and judgment.”

Translation: He was part of the "Broward County Solution" to high numbers of students of color being suspended and expelled. It would appear that Deputy Peterson bought into the Broward County Solution and helped rig the statistics by handling problem students with "tact and judgment" rather than by making arrests. Good job, Broward County.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 07:40:50 PM by Hawkmoon »

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #158 on: February 22, 2018, 08:12:25 PM »
When seconds count the police are minutes away cowering in fear.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #159 on: February 23, 2018, 04:28:30 PM »
It's spreading:

https://www.redstate.com/brandon_morse/2018/02/23/hundreds-teachers-signed-gun-training-country/

Butler County Sheriff Richard Jones offered the training to teachers after the Parkland school shooting which left 17 dead, and the response was far greater than he had originally anticipated, with hundreds signing up within hours.

...Fox Business reports that 225 districts in a dozen states have teachers partaking in firearms training.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #160 on: February 23, 2018, 04:59:09 PM »
Perhaps (just perhaps) reports of the demise of sanity were a bit premature.

I hope.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #161 on: February 23, 2018, 10:50:34 PM »
The Wall Street Journal had a long-ish article about the warning tip that the FBI received -- and fumbled. They still haven't said who called, but this article refers to the caller as a "she," and includes references that make it clear it was not the woman of the household where he was living. I'd say it has to be the late mother's sister. Can't think of anyone else who would know the kid and have that kind of inside dope on him, but I'm sure the sisters talked.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/fbi-tip-line-caller-said-nikolas-cruz-is-going-to-explode-1519415442

So many screwups, and so many innocent lives lost as a result. It's mind boggling.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #162 on: February 24, 2018, 08:02:19 AM »
It is not mind boggling; it is business as usual for a government entity.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #163 on: February 24, 2018, 09:44:54 AM »
CNN is now reporting that 4 deputies were outside the school during the shooting who didn't go in.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #164 on: February 24, 2018, 10:07:46 AM »
I am beginning to wonder if firearms ownership is going to end up being treated and looked upon as smoking is now: still legal, but with lots of restrictions, seen as a public and personal health risk, and those who still do it are seen as people in need of help to kick their habit.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #165 on: February 24, 2018, 10:44:03 AM »
CNN is now reporting that 4 deputies were outside the school during the shooting who didn't go in.

So... will any of these be fired?

Silly question, I know!   :mad:

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #166 on: February 24, 2018, 11:45:50 AM »
I am beginning to wonder if firearms ownership is going to end up being treated and looked upon as smoking is now: still legal, but with lots of restrictions, seen as a public and personal health risk, and those who still do it are seen as people in need of help to kick their habit.

People that own, or want to own, firearms will be considered to have a mental illness and people with a mental illness can't own firearms.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #167 on: February 24, 2018, 12:09:11 PM »
Looked on and treated that way by whom?  The media? 

Is there some data that says the number of gun owners is shrinking?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #168 on: February 24, 2018, 10:45:57 PM »
Looked on and treated that way by whom?  The media? 

Is there some data that says the number of gun owners is shrinking?

The media would have you believe it's shrinking.

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #169 on: February 26, 2018, 08:43:27 AM »
After hearing a radio report that TV media stated the Florida school shooter was armed with one rifle, and then 5 rifles, and then 10 assault rifles, I typed in "Florida shooting discrepancies" in Google search...

Interesting coincidence that both Sandy Hook and Parkland schools had active shooter drills scheduled on the same day they were allegedly shot up.

Interesting that the media immediately blacked out eye-witness reports of multiple shooters, some in full body armor.

I even learned about "crisis actors", the same people showing up as victims in multiple mass shootings.

Odd that there are so many discrepancies in recent mass shootings. And I don't even wear a tinfoil hat.
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #170 on: February 26, 2018, 09:07:19 AM »
The media would have you believe it's shrinking.
That is what has me concerned.  How many gun owners see that and think they are in a small minority.  They might forget that the media has an approval rating as low or lower than Congress. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #171 on: February 26, 2018, 11:19:11 AM »
Here is my question, who makes a video during/right after an active shooter situation?

http://www.latimes.com/visuals/video/95939817-132.html
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #172 on: February 26, 2018, 11:55:11 PM »

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #173 on: February 27, 2018, 08:55:15 AM »
Here is my question, who makes a video during/right after an active shooter situation?

http://www.latimes.com/visuals/video/95939817-132.html

Have you met any people recently?  Everyone grabs a cell camera record instead of actually doing something productive.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #174 on: February 27, 2018, 09:04:31 AM »

From 2016:

Israel's opponents say he's built a publicly funded political machine, paying back supporters with jobs and using them to keep him in office. They say the money could be better spent, particularly after the sheriff complained about not having enough funding to secure the county courthouse, where a murder suspect recently escaped.

Israel said he built the outreach wing from nearly nothing, aiming to foster "a love affair with the community." He said it would engender trust with the community that was lacking under the tenure of predecessor Al Lamberti. He defending the tapping of people he knew, some from the campaign trail, into outreach and other roles.

"What have I done differently than Don Shula or Abraham Lincoln or Martin Luther King, Ghandi?" asked Israel. "Men and women who assume leadership roles surround themselves with people who are loyal, who they can depend on and who they appreciate their skill set."
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife