Author Topic: The Gun Control Bandwagon  (Read 76948 times)

Blakenzy

• friend
Re: The Gun Control Bandwagon
« Reply #125 on: February 25, 2018, 09:30:53 AM »
"AR-15s tear bodies apart!!!". So says moron "Retired Lt Colonel Ralph Peters" on Fox News right this minute. "A pump action shotgun is what you want for home defense. If you want to shoot an AR-15, join the military."

Firearms expert.  ;/

Didn't Gen. Wesley Clark say that very same thing way back when he wanted to run for president?
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #126 on: February 25, 2018, 01:32:48 PM »
Didn't Gen. Wesley Clark say that very same thing way back when he wanted to run for president?

Yes, he did. Not surprising -- he was a waste of oxygen anyway.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #127 on: February 25, 2018, 04:40:30 PM »
What happens when you let teenagers run the narrative as if they were knowledgeable adults:

https://twitchy.com/bethb-313034/2018/02/25/brian-stetler-carmine-sabia-go-hogg-wild-over-cnn-reporting-until-ben-shapiro-dana-loesch-jump-in/

Ironically, the CNN program is called "Reliable Sources".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #128 on: February 25, 2018, 05:34:33 PM »
Dana Loesch owns Congress?  So when is she going to repeal GCA '68?
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #129 on: February 25, 2018, 07:56:54 PM »
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #130 on: February 25, 2018, 10:01:05 PM »
"YOu dON't sEE tHiS iN tHe REst Of tHe wOrLd!!!1!"

Meanwhile in Nigeria, http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/nigeria-says-110-girls-unaccounted-for-after-boko-haram-attack/ar-BBJzitD?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=ientp

It's obviously Dana Loesch's fault. She doesn't care about those kids, either.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #131 on: February 26, 2018, 08:29:18 AM »
"YOu dON't sEE tHiS iN tHe REst Of tHe wOrLd!!!1!"

Meanwhile in Nigeria, http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/nigeria-says-110-girls-unaccounted-for-after-boko-haram-attack/ar-BBJzitD?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=ientp

They are right. They don't see this in the rest of the world.

Because our news doesn't care when foreigners are killed, especially if they are of a darker hue. Dana Loesch nailed it: Weeping white women are ratings gold for the bloodthirsty media, so of course that's what they will focus on incessantly. Dusky foreigners just don't cut it.

Of course, the idiots don't realize that they "don't see it in the rest of the world" only because it isn't reported here, not because it doesn't happen.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #132 on: February 26, 2018, 12:28:42 PM »
The stupidity of this guy aside, does anyone know where this "98.7%" is coming from? It's not the first time I have heard the, "gun owners are only 1% of the population" argument during this latest round of craziness.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2018/02/26/yeah-thats-stupid-ben-shapiro-shut-seth-abramson-and-his-lame-1791-gun-control-argument-down/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #133 on: February 26, 2018, 12:51:18 PM »
The stupidity of this guy aside, does anyone know where this "98.7%" is coming from? It's not the first time I have heard the, "gun owners are only 1% of the population" argument during this latest round of craziness.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2018/02/26/yeah-thats-stupid-ben-shapiro-shut-seth-abramson-and-his-lame-1791-gun-control-argument-down/

Is he talking about the percentage that are in the NRA? (still seems a bit low)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #134 on: February 26, 2018, 12:54:27 PM »

5 million folks in the NRA / 323 million folks in the US =1.5% of folks in the US own guns.  They may have rounded a little  on both numbers. I used, literally, the first google result for both.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #135 on: February 26, 2018, 01:21:06 PM »
NRA numbers were my first thought, but are they really that stupid? I'm not even sure if you could apply that to NYC.

Where I live, in anti-gun CA, I can go in the opposite direction. One of my neighbors (albeit, "neighbors" are like 1/4 mile away) held a get together for all the "neighbors" around here last Summer. About a dozen households showed up. Standing around in the beer circle, it turned out that there were guns in every household.

Given, some of the neighbors are fudds, but they still have at least had a shotgun in the house. Even in extremely anti-gun Santa Barbara, in a pretty liberal office, 5 out of 18 people were gun owners (or the husbands had guns, and that was people that "admitted" it). That's ~25% in SJW HQ.

Also, I forget the exact numbers, but I saw some liberal news talking point that I didn't bother to read pop up on my news feed. The headline was something like, "Why 3% of gun owners own 90% of the guns".

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #136 on: February 26, 2018, 01:47:42 PM »
NRA numbers were my first thought, but are they really that stupid? I'm not even sure if you could apply that to NYC.

No.  They're liars.  Liars lie.  It's what they do.  [insert Geico ad here]

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #137 on: February 26, 2018, 02:32:14 PM »

Where I live, in anti-gun CA, I can go in the opposite direction. One of my neighbors (albeit, "neighbors" are like 1/4 mile away) held a get together for all the "neighbors" around here last Summer. About a dozen households showed up. Standing around in the beer circle, it turned out that there were guns in every household.

Given, some of the neighbors are fudds, but they still have at least had a shotgun in the house. Even in extremely anti-gun Santa Barbara, in a pretty liberal office, 5 out of 18 people were gun owners (or the husbands had guns, and that was people that "admitted" it). That's ~25% in SJW HQ.

Also, I forget the exact numbers, but I saw some liberal news talking point that I didn't bother to read pop up on my news feed. The headline was something like, "Why 3% of gun owners own 90% of the guns".
I think there was a discredited article last year saying all the guns were owned by a relatively few people (3%?).  I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of liberals took that as gospel. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #139 on: February 26, 2018, 06:43:49 PM »
Should we tell them about the FN Five-seveN?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #140 on: February 26, 2018, 07:47:06 PM »
FL state senate shot down an "assault weapons" ban. I guess maybe they know their voting demographic.

https://twitchy.com/bethb-313034/2018/02/26/watch-mass-chaos-erupts-when-florida-senate-votes-down-assault-weapons-ban/

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #141 on: February 26, 2018, 08:43:49 PM »
"A handgun [wound] is simply a stabbing with a bullet. It goes in like a nail." With the high-velocity rounds of the AR-15, "it’s as if you shot somebody with a Coke can."

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2018/02/26/fact-check-sen-dianne-feinstein-pulling-her-ar-15-expertise-from-rolling-stone-now/

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #142 on: February 26, 2018, 09:20:33 PM »
Remember back in the day when Handgun Control Inc. was just after handguns as being the tools of criminals...

Good times...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #143 on: February 26, 2018, 09:27:51 PM »
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2018/02/26/fact-check-sen-dianne-feinstein-pulling-her-ar-15-expertise-from-rolling-stone-now/

I don't think she's that stupid -- she thinks we* are that stupid.  She might be right about a lot of people

(*I'm not talking about APS, I'm talking about Americans in general)
"It's good, though..."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #144 on: February 26, 2018, 09:46:13 PM »

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #145 on: February 26, 2018, 09:47:05 PM »
It looks like the first of likely several bills is being introduced into the House. It's probably good that they're going for this kind of ambiguous overreach:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/house-democrats-introduce-bill-prohibiting-sale-of-semi-automatic-weapons/article/2650087

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2018/02/26/here-we-go-house-dems-introduce-bill-to-ban-sale-production-of-semi-automatic-weapons/

Here it is in all it's glory.

https://cicilline.house.gov/sites/cicilline.house.gov/files/images/Assault_Weapons_Ban_of_2018.pdf

the specific list of proposed banned guns looks a little like my shopping list (well, the ones I don't already have)
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #146 on: February 26, 2018, 09:59:54 PM »
Here it is in all it's glory.

https://cicilline.house.gov/sites/cicilline.house.gov/files/images/Assault_Weapons_Ban_of_2018.pdf

the specific list of proposed banned guns looks a little like my shopping list (well, the ones I don't already have)

Not that they have the votes to pass it, but if they did, given my cursory reading of the link, it looks kinda like CA law. Which means you could come up with "featureless" variations almost immediately after the bill is passed.

I didn't see M1As on it or even M1 carbines.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #147 on: February 26, 2018, 10:03:26 PM »
I don't think she's that stupid -- she thinks we* are that stupid.  She might be right about a lot of people

After several decades of close observation, it is my conclusion that the "average American" is a slack jawed, mouth breathing, booger eating moron, on a good day.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #148 on: February 26, 2018, 10:04:24 PM »

Well, I imagine many of the people who keep voting for her are that stupid (at least about some issues).
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #149 on: February 26, 2018, 10:09:43 PM »
The list in that bill made me laugh.  So many of the guns specifically named haven't been sold in years...  The SP-89, the Streetsweeper, etc.  So they dug up old language and added new names, like the S&W M&P-15.  Nice.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark