Author Topic: Parkland, Florida - "Police Presence?"  (Read 4253 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Parkland, Florida - "Police Presence?"
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2018, 12:20:06 PM »

Obviously, CNN's quite capable of faking the news, and then lying about it. Still, that email could be from Bored Housewives Demand Action, or Organizing For America, or whatever Russian bots were actually scripting that event. Of course, that doesn't mean CNN was unaware of it, either. But that's not really a mark against CNN. You'd expect the people asking questions to have suggested questions in hand, from whatever groups they're aligned with. That wouldn't be unethical.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2018, 12:22:45 PM »
Setting up a perimeter stopped being the protocol right after Columbine. That may have been Deputy Peterson's protocol but it wasn't his department's protocol. That's why he was suspended.

I've heard that a hundred times, but is that really true of every police department in the country? Also, I just heard a Michael Graham in the Morning podcast, and he said that cops waited outside during the Pulse shooting, and another recent shooting. I'm not sure what's correct.

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2018, 12:42:13 PM »

We are supposed to forget that Donna Brazile while working for cnn provided scripted questions to Hillary Clinton before a primary debate.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2018, 12:54:10 PM »
Sean Spicier just said on Twitter (of course, because he only exists in the Twitterverse), "Wonder what department of the NRA kept the resource officer from entering the school."

(Posting that before Ben does.  :P )

Also, it didn't matter what the cop did. His handgun would have been useless against an AR.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2018/02/23/satire-is-dead-msnbc-anchors-get-dragged-for-incredibly-dumb-take-on-gun-physics/

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2018, 01:25:07 PM »
This does not surprise me one bit

https://mobile.twitter.com/thelastrefuge2/status/966854507744374784

The saddest part is that even if every last word of that is gospel truth not a damn thing will come of it.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2018, 01:31:48 PM »

That pic is over a year old http://www.theamericanmirror.com/mystery-cnn-plant-question-obamacare-debate/  But it shows that they've used shills before and denied it.
"It's good, though..."

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2018, 02:19:09 PM »
Also, it didn't matter what the cop did. His handgun would have been useless against an AR.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2018/02/23/satire-is-dead-msnbc-anchors-get-dragged-for-incredibly-dumb-take-on-gun-physics/

Ah, so that's why Liberators didn't catch on; the .45ACP bullets were so slow the German could just move his head out of the way and shoot the Frenchman with his 9mm.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2018, 12:27:12 AM »
Another view of the “officer”: http://www.those-who-serve.com/2018/02/22/failure-to-engage-that-cost-innocent-kids-their-lives/

From that link:

To those of you who find yourself in the first group [SROs who would be "active responders"], let this incident be a solemn reminder that bad *expletive deleted*it can and does happen, and we never know when or where it might strike.  Be prepared, always.  Train, train often and train hard.  Take all the active shooter training you can get.  Take your firearm training seriously, and take a lot of it.  Don’t just be proficient with your handgun and your rifle, master the *expletive deleted*it out of them!  Take combat first aid classes.  There are lots of places that put it on, and some even supply you with a high quality military spec medic bag when you take them.

Ayup.