Author Topic: J-Law Photo Phreakout - I'm right for once.  (Read 807 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
J-Law Photo Phreakout - I'm right for once.
« on: February 21, 2018, 02:49:00 PM »
In case you were not aware, one of the outrages du jour was a group photo of Jennifer Lawrence and a bunch of men, on a London rooftop. The men were dressed warmly, while she wore a revealing dress, and no coat. This was taken by some as a demonstration of sexism, since only the woman had to be exposed to the cold weather.

I have no strong feelings about Miss Lawrence either way, but I did like her response. Basically, she said it was her choice, and being cold for a few minutes didn't bother her. I put this in politics, because I wish more people would kill these socio-political non-troversies with a common-sense reply.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/02/21/jennifer-lawrence-response-to-dumb-dress-outrage-might-actually-fix-democracy/

When I first read about the controversy, I immediately thought that Lawrence probably dressed like that because she wanted to look pretty on camera - as actors, not to mention girls, do. Even I know how that works.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
Re: J-Law Photo Phreakout - I'm right for once.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 02:51:27 PM »
To me, J-Law will always be that unknown kid in Winter's Bone. I hope one day soon she drops the liberal claptrap and gets back to her roots.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 05:25:54 PM »
To me, J-Law will always be that unknown kid in Winter's Bone. I hope one day soon she drops the liberal claptrap and gets back to her roots.

That is a fantastic piece of Americana, love that movie
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 07:07:25 PM »
In case you were not aware, one of the outrages du jour was a group photo of Jennifer Lawrence and a bunch of men, on a London rooftop. The men were dressed warmly, while she wore a revealing dress, and no coat. This was taken by some as a demonstration of sexism, since only the woman had to be exposed to the cold weather.

Balances out in the Habitable Zone; ever had to wear a suit in 112F weather?  I was really tempted to get a nice business dress and dare anyone to comment.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 07:19:28 PM »
BFD.

Either some people wake up each morning actively looking to twist something into a political issue, or the subject dame hired a bunch of people to pretend to get POed for the sake of publicity.

Hmmmm.   Actually, I think both might be true.

BFD.

Terry, 230RN

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 07:12:59 AM »
Well obviously she's been so repressed by the patriarchial sexist Hollywood machine that she's no longer able to think for herself. She NEEDS others to explain how repressed and brainwashed she is.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2018, 08:59:31 AM »
Seems like a silly thing to complain about, but maybe everyone notices that at different times.  You can see the same thing in TV and movies all the time.  Sex sells and everyone knows it.  Been going on for a long long time.  Had she been bundled up like the men, the photo would never have been looked at if it was published at all.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2018, 09:22:31 AM »
That is a fantastic piece of Americana, love that movie

The book was good, I have not seen the movie.  I should put it on my list.