Author Topic: If cars were treated like guns, my own list.  (Read 1358 times)

freakazoid

• friend
If cars were treated like guns, my own list.
« on: February 22, 2018, 11:06:43 AM »
UPDATED!
So I decided to create my own If Cars Were Treated Like Guns list. What do you think? Any flaws? I figured there are some things I'm not thinking about. Can't figure a way to correlate to concealed and open carry and licensing for it. Could probably enter something in there about the general purchasing process. I came up with the tax stamp price by going to an inflation calculator website and entering in $200 in June 1934 to January 2018. :) I figure you can figure out what most things correlate too. Notice my careful wall of States that have special rules. :angel:

If a vehicle is longer than 13 feet and has a bed it considered a Long Length Car(LLC) and you must be at least 18 to purchase.

If a vehicle is between 13 to 18 feet and doesn't have a bed it is classified as a Special Cruise Vehicle(SCV) and you must be at least 21 years old to purchase.

If a vehicle is shorter than 13 feet and has a bed it is considered a Short Long Vehicle(SCL) and falls under the NVA.

If a vehicle falls outside of the length and bed requirements it is considered an Any Other Vehicle(AOV) and falls under the NVA.

If a vehicle has a large open space inside with side sliding doors it is considered a Sliding Door Vehicle(SDV) and are not allowed anywhere within a thousand feet of a school, make sure you check out a school chart to make sure you do not violate this.

Anything capable of towing more than 1 ton is considered a Heavy Use Vehicle(HUV) and falls under the NVA.

Vehicles capable of traveling over 65MPH are classified as a High Speed Vehicle(HSV) and falls under the NVA.

If the windows are tinted so that the light transmission is reduced to less than 32% they are considered Black Out Windows(BOW) and falls under the NVA.

California has banned private possession of vehicles capable of holding more than 4 people, capable of towing more than 500 tons, engines over 1 liter, capable of speeds greater than 55,
New York is the same as California but allows engines only up to 1.2 liters.
Arkansas is the same as California but doesn't have the towing restrictions.
Illinois is the same as California but also doesn't allow desil vehicles.
Lousianna is the same as California but limits the amount of people it can hold to 5 people.

To install a muffler in order to reduce the exhaust note you must first pay a $500 Muffler Tax.

From 1994 to 2004 all vehicles with certain features were dubbed “Sports Only Racing Vehicles” were completely banned. Such features were things like; painted any color other than primary colors, tires rated over M , tires wider than  195mm, spoilers, headlights brighter than 7,600 lumens, bumper/window stickers, speakers higher than 175 peak watts, and steering wheels with paddle shifters, no vehicle could hold more than to ten gallons of fuel. Some states still restrict the fuel limit, and in some states it's OK for the tank to hold more but you can only have ten gallons in it.

In order to purchase an NVA(National Vehicle Act) vehicle you must fill out a Form 191, get it approved by your local sheriff, and pay a $3,700 tax stamp. Current wait times for it's returned approval are 10 months.

Since 1986 no new NVA vehicles are allowed to be manufactured.

If you wish to travel in an NVA vehicle from one state to another you must first file a Form 204 with the government at least 1 month in advance stating what state you are traveling too.

1/3 of the States do not allow private ownership of NVA vehicles. Half the states do not allow private ownership of  mufflers. 1/3 of the States do not allow premium fuel.

Drivers license is only good in your State unless another State accepts it. Some States allow you to aquire an out of State license. If you are ever found guilty of anything that puts you in jail for at least one year you lose your license. If you are ever found guilty of domestic violence you lose your license.

Good luck figuring out how to travel from one state to another legally.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 02:44:02 AM by freakazoid »
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Re: If cars were treated like guns, my own list.
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 01:01:16 PM »
You don't define NCA.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

griz

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 02:06:23 PM »
You forgot that from 1994 until 2004 no vehicle could hold more than to ten gallons of fuel.  Some states still restrict that, and in some states it's OK for the tank to big bigger but you can only have ten gallons in it.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 03:33:59 PM »
You forgot that from 1994 until 2004 no vehicle could hold more than to ten gallons of fuel.  Some states still restrict that, and in some states it's OK for the tank to big bigger but you can only have ten gallons in it.
Some states don't allow premium fuel either. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

brimic

• friends
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 04:13:54 PM »
MZW absolutely nailed this one on Fecesbook...
https://www.facebook.com/MichaelZWilliamson/posts/10213534702354455

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 05:52:15 PM »
You forgot, car is legal in your home state, drive into any other state and we friendly troopers will arrest you and probably beat you. Yeah, we're keeping the car. And oops, forgot a charge, your license isn't any good here either.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2018, 02:44:08 AM »
UPDATED! Was able to use your suggestions. Thanks people.  =D

You don't define NCA.

Shoot thanks. I had that in an earlier draft but forgot to put it back in when I rewrote some things. Added that back in and changed it from NCA to NVA.

You forgot that from 1994 until 2004 no vehicle could hold more than to ten gallons of fuel.  Some states still restrict that, and in some states it's OK for the tank to big bigger but you can only have ten gallons in it.

Nice. Was using speed for something like that in an other area but that works well for this case.

Some states don't allow premium fuel either.  

Good suggestion. Added!

You forgot, car is legal in your home state, drive into any other state and we friendly troopers will arrest you and probably beat you. Yeah, we're keeping the car. And oops, forgot a charge, your license isn't any good here either.

That works! Worked that one into it.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

griz

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2018, 08:40:29 AM »
Couple more that may or may not work:

All vehicles built by the Jeep corporation were designed only to transport soldiers and have no sporting purpose, so are deemed vehicles of war.  While not outlawed yet, well funded students will hold mass protest against them.  Since we value their experience and judgement, coverage by national media will be widespread and continuous.  Students who think otherwise, or drive jeeps, will be ignored.

Legislation will be propsed to make vehicles driveable only by the owner.  The car will recognise fingerprints, a magic decoder ring, or an eieght digit pin number before moving.  Many Chiefs of Police will endorse this legislation, but no Police Department in the country will use those vehicles.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2018, 11:03:34 AM »
How about the fact that every time there was a big wreck it would be national news ... unless it happened to some poor black kids in Chicago.

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2018, 11:27:44 AM »
Excellent.  Snorted snot ocver a lot of them.  I wish this could be placed in a public forum instead of in "Politics."  We really ought to "go public" on more of our forums, but...

I subscribe to the opinion of a poster in a website long ago and far away:  that buying a gun should involve exactly the same paperwork as in buying a couch for your living room.  You pays yer money and they gives you a receipt.

Oh, and with free delivery, if desired.

Terry, 230RN

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2018, 12:17:25 PM »
"I subscribe to the opinion of a poster in a website long ago and far away:  that buying a gun should involve exactly the same paperwork as in buying a couch for your living room.  You pays yer money and they gives you a receipt."

Until Democrats in the South with Jim Crow & in New York with "Big Tim" Sullivan, that was all that was involved.