Author Topic: Parkland protest  (Read 1655 times)

Blakenzy

• friend
Parkland protest
« on: February 22, 2018, 10:16:09 PM »
So this darwin award-winning genetic material bearer apparently bought into the "guns kill" nonsense, and decided to destroy his AR15 "to save lives". Except maybe not only did he fail to destroy the firearm but committed a felony instead?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/video-man-destroy-cut-up-ar-15-rifle-florida-shooting-scott-pappalardo-a8218926.html
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Parkland protest
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 06:07:29 AM »
'I can’t live knowing that my gun’s out there and it can one day possibly commit a horrific act like the other day in Florida'

"It" can't commit any horrific acts, moron. Keep it in your gun safe and nobody can use it to commit a horrific act.

Makes a great video. How much does a new barrel and handguard cost? He obviously stayed well clear of cutting through the receivers.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 07:15:32 AM »
"It" can't commit any horrific acts, moron. Keep it in your gun safe and nobody can use it to commit a horrific act.

Makes a great video. How much does a new barrel and handguard cost? He obviously stayed well clear of cutting through the receivers.

Seems like in this case it should cost $10,000 and 10 years in jail, if we lived in a just world.

Sideways_8

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 08:02:30 AM »
Seems like in this case it should cost $10,000 and 10 years in jail, if we lived in a just world.

In a just world, barrel length wouldn't be cared about in the eyes of the law.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 02:27:08 PM by Sideways_8 »

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2018, 08:12:19 AM »
In a just world, barrel length wouldn't be cared [about] in the eyes of the law.

Do I hear an "Amen?"

Righteous, Brother, righteous !

Terry

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2018, 08:33:27 AM »
He cut off the wrong barrel.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2018, 11:05:06 AM »
There was supposedly a follow up picture sent out of the receiver cut in half vertically also.  Would that still put him in constructive possession?  

IMO, we have no reason to think it wasn't staged.  

Last weekend there were a few activist calling gun podcasts or radio shows trying to start an argument.  One guy I am pretty sure called two shows I listen to and was equally bad and ignorant on both. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2018, 11:47:38 AM »
There was supposedly a follow up picture sent out of the receiver cut in half vertically also.  Would that still put him in constructive possession?  

Doesn't matter.  The violation is for illegally manufacturing a SBR.  Destroying the illegal firearm later doesn't make the manufacture go away.  As soon as that barrel dropped off he was a felon. 

We all know ATF and DOJ will use their "discretion" to not prosecute because he's of the RightThink, but the crime is done, and on video.  Unless Mr. Viral Video Sensation would like to contend that wasn't a real AR.  Then we can look at whether his YouTube Channel is monetized, and the fraud statutes.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2018, 12:26:13 PM »

We all know ATF and DOJ will use their "discretion" to not prosecute because he's of the RightThink, but the crime is done, and on video. 

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2018, 12:48:29 PM »
Exactly.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2018, 01:48:55 PM »
Now there is a troll meme going around of #destroyyourar15 "I also cut my rifle in half to save lives", and in the picture shows an intact AR15 with the upper separated from the lower and a hack saw laying in between.  :lol:

EDIT: it´s the #oneless campaing they are trolling

eta: unembiggenated
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 11:41:09 PM by Amy Schumer »
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2018, 05:01:30 PM »
Now there is a troll meme going around of #destroyyourar15 "I also cut my rifle in half to save lives", and in the picture shows an intact AR15 with the upper separated from the lower and a hack saw laying in between.  :lol:

Nice airsoft ...
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 11:41:49 PM by Amy Schumer »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2018, 09:59:04 AM »
Nice airsoft ...

But it identifies as a gun, so it is a gun.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2018, 10:22:16 AM »
I'd love to see how many hoplophobes jump in with "good job!" on those disassembled firearm photos.

I would have put a laughing emoticon behind the above sentence, except it's infuriating to me to always see how many people pipe up as firearm experts on the anti side. I mean, we still haven't gotten "machine gun" anywhere near under control. I'm pretty sure the ambiguity in terminology is exactly a prime focus of the antis.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• friend
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2018, 06:56:21 AM »
Did anybody actually capture the video of the barrel-cutting?

It seems that it often happens that incriminating or uncomplimentary videos just kind of disappear and should have been archived independently.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2018, 09:18:53 AM »

EDIT: it´s the #oneless campaing they are trolling

Oh yeah. On some of the facebook gun groups there are some guys doing that; posting up pictures of parts kits or chopping up build they had done and are redoing.  :rofl:
Seen one video being shared by some hoplophobe group praising the pistol being destroyed, where I'm pretty sure the lady in the video was actually trolling. She has some kind of pistol and it looks like all she does is do things like cut into the slide, not going all the way through, and put a cut into a magazine. Everything she did seemed to be just cosmetic stuff.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2018, 01:27:37 PM »
Funny how people take out their angst on inanimate objects. This is the tool shed version of punching a pillow.

230RN

• friend
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2018, 09:36:42 AM »
Destroying a gun to save lives?

Maximum estimates of people killed by firearms every year

÷

Guns owned or sold in the US every year

Approaches zero.

This, while not dismissing the tragedies caused by nut cases, should be kept in mind.

All in all, I suspect firearms use is safer than bowling.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2018, 02:29:42 PM »
Destroying a gun to save lives?

Maximum estimates of people killed by firearms every year

÷

Guns owned or sold in the US every year

Approaches zero.

This, while not dismissing the tragedies caused by nut cases, should be kept in mind.

All in all, I suspect firearms use is safer than bowling.

There is too much logic in your argument. GTFO

Hint: to win you must argue with raging feelings and magical thinking