Author Topic: Entities Boycotting the NRA  (Read 29158 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Entities Boycotting the NRA
« on: February 23, 2018, 12:32:02 PM »
I thought I would start a list of business and other entities that are cutting ties to the NRA. Choose to do, or not do anything regarding them, but I figured it would be good to list them.

So far I know of:

First National Bank no longer issuing the NRA credit card.

Enterprise, Alamo, and National are no longer offering car rental discounts to NRA members.

I have heard, but not confirmed, that Best Western is also pulling NRA discounts.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Entities Boycotting the NRA
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 12:55:16 PM »
Too bad I rarely do business with any of those clowns.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 02:40:37 PM »
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 03:10:29 PM »
Also:

MetLife

Symantec Corp

SimpliSafe (Alarm Company)

Wyndham ended their relationship in 2017

Best Western has Tweeted they do not have an affiliation with and is not a corporate partner of the NRA

bob

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2018, 03:13:21 PM »
Also:

MetLife

Symantec Corp

SimpliSafe (Alarm Company)

Wyndham ended their relationship in 2017

Best Western has Tweeted they do not have an affiliation with and is not a corporate partner of the NRA

bob

Oh No!  Not Wyndham, I actually use that one.
"It's good, though..."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2018, 03:43:20 PM »

Well, that's a relief. I have a ton of points with them. Though I suppose using points means they're sorta paying me, so it would actually have been sticking it to them.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2018, 03:47:01 PM »
Symantec Corp
I've got a client who uses their hosted antivirus endpoint product.  I think I'll advise an alternate solution next year.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2018, 03:47:58 PM »
Metlife's statement lacks some awareness:

We value all our customers but have decided to end our discount program with the NRA.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2018, 04:53:47 PM »
Metlife's statement lacks some awareness:

Same one that Enterprise gave.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2018, 06:24:08 PM »
It's been many years since I was an NRA member. The political scare tactics asking for more money every week wore old fast.

If I had some money I would become a member again. And while I don't travel much these days I always used enterprise and Wyndham but I never will again.

Let the sjw keyboarders rule your business and you do not get mine.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2018, 10:13:38 PM »
It's been many years since I was an NRA member. The political scare tactics asking for more money every week wore old fast.

If I had some money I would become a member again. And while I don't travel much these days I always used enterprise and Wyndham but I never will again.

Let the sjw keyboarders rule your business and you do not get mine.

I just said "*expletive deleted*ck it" and gave them $75 for a two year membership. The hate towards the NRA is actually pissing me off more than the NRA ever has... Which is saying something.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2018, 10:26:43 PM »
I just said "*expletive deleted*ck it" and gave them $75 for a two year membership. The hate towards the NRA is actually pissing me off more than the NRA ever has... Which is saying something.

Maybe it's just me, but I seem to notice that:

Conservative boycotts either sometimes have an effect or else mostly have no effect.

Progressive boycotts and "shamings" almost always seem to have the opposite effect of their intention. They almost always seem to end up boosting the sales or positive publicity of their targets, or if they shame a business into caving to their demands, the business actually takes a hit.

I think it's because people ignore or just roll their eyes at conservative boycotts. However, the  SJWs and progressives are just so absolutely annoying and self-righteous and smug when they do theirs, that they actually get fence sitters to go to the opposite side. Sorta like how Trump got elected. :)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2018, 10:32:03 PM »

I'm another slacker that had let my membership lapse a couple of years ago.
Just fixed it and won't have to worry about it for 5 years.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2018, 10:42:29 PM »
Addressed my lax attitude about two weeks ago. May go ahead and add a couple years to the re-up.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2018, 12:56:06 AM »
Well, phooey. I am due to re-up this month anyhow, and can't afford to make a statement by getting the Platinum-level Lifetime membership, or anything.  =( 

(Is Platinum level the one where you get to hunt Democrats on LaPierre's plantation, with a silenced, semiautomatic assault rifle, or is that the Royal Deluxe Grade, w/ Color Case Hardening and scrollwork membership level?)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2018, 09:47:31 AM »
Thanks for the reminder.  My membership has been lapsed for a few years.
Renewed today.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2018, 09:57:04 AM »
Well, phooey. I am due to re-up this month anyhow, and can't afford to make a statement by getting the Platinum-level Lifetime membership, or anything.  =( 

(Is Platinum level the one where you get to hunt Democrats on LaPierre's plantation, with a silenced, semiautomatic assault rifle, or is that the Royal Deluxe Grade, w/ Color Case Hardening and scrollwork membership level?)

Must be the Royal Deluxe.  I am at the Diamond II level and get constant sales pitches for the Platinum level, but they never mention any of those perks. 
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2018, 10:00:19 AM »
I went to Life probably twenty years ago (for the lather jacket, man!  :laugh: )* and then leveled up to Patron over the years, with the idea that with that, I have given enough to the NRA for my lifetime**. Keeping in line with my previous post though, this current crap really makes me want to send some dough to NRA/ILA. Just because.

* I don't know if any one else with Life has noticed, but it seems to really cut down on the NRA mailings. I went from a bajillion a month to maybe 3-4 per month. That's worth it right there!  :lol:

** Though I did leave a small donation to the NRA in my Trust, just so I can stick it to the SJWs from the great beyond.  =D

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2018, 10:32:46 AM »
I didn't realize the Dallas mayor now wants the NRA to "reconsider" holding the convention there this year. It might be too late (and not to dis our Texas members), but I hope the NRA DOES reconsider and goes somewhere else.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02/24/kansas-and-nebraska-governors-welcome-nra-convention-after-dallas-official-s-warning.html

Pb

• friend
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2018, 10:33:18 AM »
If you don't want junk mail from the NRA call the number on your card, and tell them so:

877-NRA-2000

I did years ago, and haven't gotten junk mail since.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2018, 10:34:21 AM »
Life member here. I’m torn. The down side is that they initiated some of the anti-gun legislation. My days of supporting “compromise” on the gun issue are long, long past and I am not impressed that they are supporting more anti-gun laws.

Okay, maybe a real compromise. About the only support I would have for the NRA’s bump stock ban is if it was worded such that bump stocks were considered machine guns and the registry was permanently opened to new MG stamps.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2018, 10:35:35 AM »
Oh, on the car rental companies, Hertz is now out too. I think that's all the major rental companies you find at airports?

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2018/02/24/i-cant-even-joe-scarborough-mika-brzezinskis-new-line-of-attack-on-nra-sends-heads-to-desks/

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2018, 11:03:42 AM »
If you don't want junk mail from the NRA call the number on your card, and tell them so:

877-NRA-2000

I did years ago, and haven't gotten junk mail since.

I was getting lots and lots of phone calls from them; always when I was not home and my wife answered the phone, which made her pissed at them *and* me.   :mad:  I finally talked to one of them and told them to stop calling.  Also said I read all their emails but most of the snail mail goes straight in the trash, so save your stamps.  I get almost no calls from them now (acceptable level), and not much junk mail.  Not a whole lot of junk emails either, those mostly come from Second Amendment Foundation and the Republican Party.
"It's good, though..."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2018, 11:16:57 AM »
Life member here. I’m torn. The down side is that they initiated some of the anti-gun legislation. My days of supporting “compromise” on the gun issue are long, long past and I am not impressed that they are supporting more anti-gun laws.

Okay, maybe a real compromise. About the only support I would have for the NRA’s bump stock ban is if it was worded such that bump stocks were considered machine guns and the registry was permanently opened to new MG stamps.

Same boat here, lifer, but instead of mentioning my dissatisfaction with some of their efforts, I'd rather keep a "solid front" until the SJWgasm is spent.

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!