Author Topic: Entities Boycotting the NRA  (Read 29160 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Entities Boycotting the NRA
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2018, 12:00:08 PM »
I was just thinking that Military Arms Channel has been boycotting the NRA lately, but that was because he was ticked off that they sent that letter asking the ATF to ban bump stocks with regulations.  They are trying to steer people to the GOA.

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2018, 12:03:26 PM »
Just punted my Hertz membership.  *expletive deleted*ck 'em
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2018, 12:58:40 PM »
You can add United and Delta.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/united-and-delta-cut-ties-to-nra-as-boycott-movement-spreads-to-global-corporations/ar-BBJx07h?li=BBnb7Kz

This is one of the biggest knee jerk reactions I have seen to anything. The left leaning media and people like Bloomberg and Soros has made the NRA the scapegoat when the real issue lies with federal, state and local agencies. But that wouldn't further their agenda.

bob

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2018, 01:00:17 PM »
Became a Life member years back when it was $300 and I actually could afford it.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2018, 03:21:17 PM »
Not a whole lot of junk emails either, those mostly come from Second Amendment Foundation and the Republican Party.

Did SAF ever find somebody - anybody - else to quote from time to time?  The constant "SAF President Alan Gottlieb said," slightly evolving to "SAF Founder and EVP said," really sounds like nobody else in the whole organization is capable of stringing two words together intelligently, even though the officers are nearly all noted gun rights writers.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2018, 08:47:40 AM »
It appears this is the most recent list. Best Western is back on, so maybe they did have a relationship? Or maybe they're saying they won't have one? Chubb is interesting, as isn't that the company that underwrites the new NRA carry insurance?

15 brands have now ended their relationship with the @NRA:

1. @MetLife
2. @symantec
3. @BestWestern
4. @Wyndham
5. @Alamo
6. @NationalPro
7. @Enterprise
8. @FNBOmaha
9. @Hertz
10. @Budget
11. @Avis
12. @NortonOnline
13. @northAmericanVL
14. @SimpliSafe
15. @ChubbNA#BoycottNRA
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2018, 11:07:56 AM »
It appears this is the most recent list. Best Western is back on, so maybe they did have a relationship? Or maybe they're saying they won't have one? Chubb is interesting, as isn't that the company that underwrites the new NRA carry insurance?

Yes, Chubb was underwriting the NRA Carry Guard Insurance. I have a feeling it wasn't making them enough money so what did they have to lose. Now maybe they can come up with an insurance for Vapers in case their apparatus explodes in their face. ;)

bob

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2018, 02:41:41 PM »
Statement from NRA-ILA:

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20180224/nra-statement-on-corporate-partnerships

Not much content.  Basically just "they don't stop us."
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2018, 03:23:15 PM »
Seems kinda ballsy to say F'you to 5 million customers (customers old enough to actually have money), especially in a way to imply that we are baby-killers.
"It's good, though..."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2018, 04:30:59 PM »
Seems kinda ballsy to say F'you to 5 million customers (customers old enough to actually have money), especially in a way to imply that we are baby-killers.

Also, as is now being pointed out in the newz (though not the MSM of course), people don't join the NRA for the discounts. The discounts are generally not that great anyway. The one or two times I looked into using them (both car rentals I think)  I found equal or better deals elsewhere.

We join the NRA because of what they represent. So by highlighting businesses that are no longer associating with the NRA, all the SJWs are doing is creating a list of companies for NRA members to avoid.

With the car rental companies for example, they're not getting more SJW business because of their stance (they may continue to get the SJW business they were getting pre-stance), they're simply losing the business of 5 million NRA members. Plus, it would seem, some non-NRA members who just don't like bullies.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2018, 04:36:23 PM »
I don't think it's a ballsy move.  I think it's cowardly and short-sighted.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2018, 06:46:03 AM »

:D Chuckle, chuckle, chuckle.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2018, 08:56:12 AM »
I didn't even realize all these company's had NRA discounts.  I don't use most of them anyway.  But now I see them all in a negative light because they jumped on the bandwagon.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2018, 09:08:47 AM »
I didn't even realize all these company's had NRA discounts.  I don't use most of them anyway.  But now I see them all in a negative light because they jumped on the bandwagon.

Yup.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2018, 09:18:59 AM »
The recent anti-NRA backlash is having an effect.
I know of three people personally that have joined/rejoined NRA since this started. I've also seen many, many replies on local news stories where people have either stated they have joined for the first time, rejoined or renewed their membership because of the negative push.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Pb

• friend
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2018, 10:32:03 AM »
Did SAF ever find somebody - anybody - else to quote from time to time?  The constant "SAF President Alan Gottlieb said," slightly evolving to "SAF Founder and EVP said," really sounds like nobody else in the whole organization is capable of stringing two words together intelligently, even though the officers are nearly all noted gun rights writers.

The SAF does mostly good work, but... I was really annoyed when they sold my address to a lot of other political organizations... I was wondering why I started getting junk mail from all sorts of anti-illegal alien organizations.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2018, 04:38:44 PM »
So now, if you do a Google search for "AR-15" or "AR15", under the Shopping tab, you get no results.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2018, 05:02:07 PM »
Fedex responds. Half good, half bad I guess. They could have just skipped the first part and simply stated the second. PR I guess.

https://twitchy.com/bethb-313034/2018/02/26/ha-boycottnra-will-hate-fedexs-epic-response-to-calls-for-dropping-nra-discounts/

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2018, 05:21:37 PM »
So now we have a backlash against the backlash?

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/26/georgia-lt-gov-will-kill-delta-tax-break-unless-airline-restores-nra-ties.html

Georgia Lt. Gov says will 'kill' Delta tax break unless airline reinstates relationship with NRA

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2018, 06:49:08 PM »
So now we have a backlash against the backlash?

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/26/georgia-lt-gov-will-kill-delta-tax-break-unless-airline-restores-nra-ties.html
Not sure how I feel about that one.  On the one hand, I don't like the idea of any government making such demands of any private organization.  Can you imagine the outcry on our side if a government demanded a company to re-establish a relationship with Brady Center of a Million Moms for Banning Handguns?  On the other hand, the stick they're using is choosing not to enact a preferential tax break on avgas designed to primarily to benefit that company.  Not sure I love the idea of that kind of preferential tax break in the first place.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2018, 06:56:37 PM »
Not sure how I feel about that one.  On the one hand, I don't like the idea of any government making such demands of any private organization.  Can you imagine the outcry on our side if a government demanded a company to re-establish a relationship with Brady Center of a Million Moms for Banning Handguns?  On the other hand, the stick they're using is choosing not to enact a preferential tax break on avgas designed to primarily to benefit that company.  Not sure I love the idea of that kind of preferential tax break in the first place.

Yup. Bad idea.

I understand where he's coming from, but you don't want gov to butt into stuff like this. Anytime something like this is brought up, I ask myself what I would think if it was used for something I didn't like. The Harry Reid rule is a good yardstick for "when stuff backfires". Or possibly "What's good for the goose is good for the gander". Or, "Be careful what you wish for". :)

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2018, 07:49:37 PM »
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2018, 11:15:58 PM »
Dad heard today that because of all the NRA hate people *without* guns are even joining now.  :rofl: I don't know where he heard it, but I actually believe it.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2018, 12:04:10 AM »
Dad heard today that because of all the NRA hate people *without* guns are even joining now.  :rofl: I don't know where he heard it, but I actually believe it.

Just seen a facebook post where someone shared a screenshot of someone from Australia who posted that they just bought an NRA membership. :rofl:
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2018, 12:27:32 AM »

Not proof of anything, but chatter on other gun forums has included a lot of "I finally got off my butt and joined" and "I just kicked in an extra donation to the NRA."