Author Topic: Entities Boycotting the NRA  (Read 29125 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Entities Boycotting the NRA
« Reply #75 on: March 02, 2018, 11:22:02 PM »
Yeah. I don’t think I’ve ever actually used my NRA card for a discount. I’d bet most members don’t. A lot of companies are going to lose a lot of potential customers who never used NRA membership status for discounts, but now will remember who they won’t do business with again.

True. I've always found that my AAA discount was equal to or better than the NRA discount.

The transfer case on my Cherokee blew yesterday. I would have just gone to Enterprise and rented a car until I can get the Cherokee fixed, but all the car rental companies seem to be in "collusion" to discriminate against NRA members ... so I called a friend in my Jeep club and he's lending me a car until mine gets fixed. Sorry, Enterprise. If you don't want my business, you won't get my business.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2018, 09:12:16 AM »
This was very interesting to me. It's suggesting that large groups and corporations were ramped up for an incident like Parkland, not necessarily Parkland itself, as the current driver.

I'm once again incredibly disappointed in outdoor companies like REI. I really like a lot of their stuff, but sorry REI, you're out. As a side note, I didn't know that Camelbak was related to Vista Outdoors (also a boycott target). I am lukewarm about the Camelbak response. I suppose they were going for an "unbiased" response, given they have a pretty wide cross-section of users.

https://www.snewsnet.com/news/mec-drops-vista-outdoor-camelbak-responds

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2018/03/03/must-read-thread-on-how-activists-are-pressuring-cos-like-delta-to-drop-the-nra-gun-industry/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2018, 09:38:15 AM »
This was very interesting to me. It's suggesting that large groups and corporations were ramped up for an incident like Parkland, not necessarily Parkland itself, as the current driver.

I'm once again incredibly disappointed in outdoor companies like REI. I really like a lot of their stuff, but sorry REI, you're out. As a side note, I didn't know that Camelbak was related to Vista Outdoors (also a boycott target). I am lukewarm about the Camelbak response. I suppose they were going for an "unbiased" response, given they have a pretty wide cross-section of users.

https://www.snewsnet.com/news/mec-drops-vista-outdoor-camelbak-responds

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2018/03/03/must-read-thread-on-how-activists-are-pressuring-cos-like-delta-to-drop-the-nra-gun-industry/

Here too on REI. I've been a member for probably over 30 years and spent a lot of money in their stores and online. I've physically made purchases in REI stores in at least 5 different states. I even have an REI Credit Card. No more, canceling membership, CC, and will not buy from them again. I emailed the board to let them know too. I think they will be surprised by the number of gun owners that also are outdoor enthusiasts (rock climbing, mountain biking, hiking, backpacking, etc.) that previously shopped at and supported REI.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2018, 10:01:48 AM »
Here too on REI. I've been a member for probably over 30 years and spent a lot of money in their stores and online. I've physically made purchases in REI stores in at least 5 different states. I even have an REI Credit Card. No more, canceling membership, CC, and will not buy from them again. I emailed the board to let them know too. I think they will be surprised by the number of gun owners that also are outdoor enthusiasts (rock climbing, mountain biking, hiking, backpacking, etc.) that previously shopped at and supported REI.

Even more than gun owners. They definitely seem to be targeting a particular customer base more than ever in recent years, as can be seen by their stance in Utah. Which I guess is fine. They will lose some customers and gain others.

I don't mind shopping at a store known as liberal, but I just won't shop at a store that is actively liberal. If the owner/corporation has different political viewpoints than me, I can generally live with that. When they say they hate me and don't want me in their stores, well, to paraphrase, "It's not me, it's you."
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #79 on: March 03, 2018, 11:00:20 AM »
I too wrote to the REI board with a reminder that there are more retailers than ever who sell products that are identical to, or credible substitutes for, everything REI sells.  I’ve been a member for over 20 years, but it wouldn’t inconvenience me one iota if every one of their stores disappeared overnight.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #80 on: March 03, 2018, 08:30:34 PM »
Told REI to stuff their dividend today.  I'm a gun guy along with being a mountain biking, hiking, backpacking and kayaking guy.  Oddly enough I also discovered a local outfitter who has great prices and a nice selection of gear and whose second floor is filled with guns, archery and fishing gear.   =D

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #81 on: March 03, 2018, 08:57:31 PM »
Told REI to stuff their dividend today.  I'm a gun guy along with being a mountain biking, hiking, backpacking and kayaking guy.  Oddly enough I also discovered a local outfitter who has great prices and a nice selection of gear and whose second floor is filled with guns, archery and fishing gear.   =D

The bastage!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #83 on: March 04, 2018, 03:26:05 PM »

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #85 on: March 04, 2018, 03:49:48 PM »

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #86 on: March 06, 2018, 10:37:41 PM »
Just re-joined a few minutes ago after a 5 or 6 year lapse. Been meaning to, this is as good a time as any if not better.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #88 on: March 07, 2018, 10:17:04 AM »
Freakin' Orvis. Like an 18 year old can afford one of their $5000 shotguns anyway. This one actually seems good to go for an OR style lawsuit, given that they "will and they won't" sell to an 18 year old, depending.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2018/03/07/orvis-wins-momsdemand-seal-of-approval-after-announcement-on-gun-sales/

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #89 on: March 07, 2018, 10:18:09 AM »
https://www.facebook.com/theconservativemillennialblog/videos/2611421478998563/

A mighty LOL issued forth from my auditory orifice thinking of the poor snowflakes who will inevitably watch only the first 15 or 20 seconds, then dutifully share with their fellow snowflakians in spittle-enhanced outrage.

:rofl:

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #90 on: March 07, 2018, 11:28:44 AM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

JN01

• friend
« Reply #91 on: March 07, 2018, 07:12:07 PM »

Some people just have to bring abortion into everything.

I see what you did there.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #92 on: March 07, 2018, 07:41:58 PM »

Some people just have to bring abortion into everything.

I chuckled.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #93 on: March 07, 2018, 09:28:53 PM »
I chuckled.

I think several of us did.   :lol:   ;/
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #94 on: January 16, 2019, 11:56:50 AM »
I've got a client who uses their hosted antivirus endpoint product.  I think I'll advise an alternate solution next year.
The Symantec licenses are expiring and we are migrating.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #95 on: January 16, 2019, 11:42:17 PM »
I went to Life probably twenty years ago (for the lather jacket, man!  :laugh: )*

me too! though in 2004 i think, but i have moved around so much i have not updated my address to get the magazine.
the leather jacket still looks good and still gets a reaction, tho folks always confuse it with the Marine Corps logo
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."