Author Topic: Ahh, NYC what would we do without you?  (Read 776 times)

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
Ahh, NYC what would we do without you?
« on: February 24, 2018, 05:36:44 PM »
Stupid laws make for stupid rationales.

So you're allowed to transport your gun around the city but can't take it with you outside the city but that's okay because you'll be able to rent a gun in that other place?

And the idiot is applying that rational to competition guns? If there's one thing we all know it's that competition shooters are perfectly happy with using rental guns. Doesn't bother them a bit! Just like race car drivers are just fine with using whatever they find at the track instead of their own car.

Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Ahh, NYC what would we do without you?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 07:44:56 PM »
“Our analysis puts the focus where it belongs: on the core right of self-defense in the home,” the 47-page ruling states.

Except that the core right oif self-defense is not limited to when you're in the home. (Not that carrying around an empty gun in a locked case is going to be of much help in a self-defense situation.)

I hope Kennedy or Bader-Ginsberg retires soon, so Trump can appoint one or two more strict constructionist type justices and the SCOTUS can set about undoing some of the harm that has been done to the Second and the Fourth amendments.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
Re: Ahh, NYC what would we do without you?
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 10:03:42 PM »
Except that the core right oif self-defense is not limited to when you're in the home. (Not that carrying around an empty gun in a locked case is going to be of much help in a self-defense situation.)

I hope Kennedy or Bader-Ginsberg retires soon, so Trump can appoint one or two more strict constructionist type justices and the SCOTUS can set about undoing some of the harm that has been done to the Second and the Fourth amendments.

FWIW,

http://www.newsweek.com/ruth-bader-ginsburg-shows-trump-she-isnt-going-anywhere-hiring-full-slate-law-771826

And there is no practical logic in anti-gunners' stances.

None.

There is only irrational prejudice against firearms and firearms owners: "gunses is badness."

Terry