Author Topic: Trump seize guns/due process later comment?  (Read 976 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Trump seize guns/due process later comment?
« on: March 01, 2018, 02:59:20 PM »
most of us have heard that by now, he was talking about people reported for being bonkers - but anyone
with a grudge can report you.
I had an ex GF do that to me once, called the police ( in SF ) reported that "i was locked in my room with a bunch of guns and wouldn't talk"
She failed to explain that I was working the graveyard shift and I was an armed guard and that , if you have roomates its a good idea to lock your door etc.
nothing happened but it could have went really bad.

I'm not totally worried but pissed off because comments like that raise prices ... or am i wrong?
is trump literally hitler â„¢ now?
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

cordex

• Administrator
Re: Trump seize guns/due process later comment?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 03:08:54 PM »
is trump literally hitler â„¢ now?
No, but he's easily swayed by people and situations.  He seems to cater to whatever group will praise him loudest at any given time.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 03:10:11 PM »
"Seize guns now, due process later" is a very dangerous unconstitutional business.  Hopefully someone reigns Trump in before that becomes policy.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 04:26:12 PM »
He's defusing the situation.  Remember what he did with Immigration and the big meeting he had.  There's no way the "Grab First, DP Later" passes constitutional muster.   Plus there is already the  ability to have someone involuntarily committed.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 04:34:12 PM »
I'll sit here and wait for the latest round of people explaining how this is 2837428734D backgammon.

And just say this.

"NY Liberal acts like NY liberal, America Shocked!"

Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2018, 07:35:50 PM »
Yup.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2018, 08:06:17 PM »
I'll sit here and wait for the latest round of people explaining how this is 2837428734D backgammon.

And just say this.

Well yeah, not shocked. I doubt he gets the gun thing, but his kid for sure does. Hopefully they talk. No 4D checkers comment, but I stand by what I said before. The best thing he could do was talk favorably about some gun control. Maybe leave out the painful due process comments. But this while parkland thing was an obvious political hit job from the word go. If not, why not the Pulse shooting? Three times the dead bodies, no effective gun control attack despite a near perfect victim class. Oh, Ally in the white house. Nevermind. So now, the fix is in and Trump digs his heels in and goes all arglebargle bargle cold dead hands. Presidency over, midterms over, blood in the water on all cable news for months, about the time it dies down, another shooting no doubt. He was/is in a no win spot.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2018, 08:18:36 PM »
I'm most upset that he's against creating a REAL "compromise," which is what the Democrats and gun grabbers are always paying lip service to. You want compromise? We'll give you Fix NICS and bump stocks, and in return we get national reciprocity.

But, noooooooooo
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Pb

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2018, 09:29:41 AM »
Trump has contempt for individual rights.  We've know this for a long time.  Remember how he loved eminent domain stealing homes from poor people to give to the rich (ie, himself?)  Remember how huge a fan of asset forfeiture (robbery by cop) he is?

I like a lot of things about Trump (immigration), but he's terrible about the Bill of Rights.   ;/