Author Topic: Bank of America stops business with AR mfgs  (Read 1446 times)

Nightfall

• friend
Bank of America stops business with AR mfgs
« on: April 10, 2018, 06:01:15 PM »
A Bank of America executive announced Tuesday that the bank will stop lending money to companies that manufacture "military-style" rifles that are available for civilians to purchase.

My wife and I will be finding a new credit card, we won't be doing business with BoA anymore. I hope many other 2A supporters follow suit, BoA need to feel financial pain for taking a side in this battle.
It is difficult if not impossible to reason a person out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - 230RN

dm1333

• friend
Re: Bank of America stops business with AR mfgs
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 06:02:56 PM »
I'm on leave so I'll have plenty of time to shut down my account.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 06:42:26 PM »
BoA's antics are nothing new.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 08:26:57 PM »
Why anyone would still have any accounts with Chase, BoA, and/or Citibank is beyond me.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 09:33:30 PM »
I saw Wells Fargo did not fold. That one is a seesaw. On the one hand, they created all the unauthorized bank accounts. On the other hand, they stepped up and said that politics should not be a part of banking.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 09:42:31 PM »
Also, on BofA's parameters, how many businesses could that possibly be? I will throw out "thousands" as a high estimate. On the other hand, I will throw out "hundreds of thousands" as a number if the word gets spread around the gun community. Hundreds of thousands of individuals who might switch banks and take not just their money, but credit card business elsewhere.

I don't carry balances on my cards so don't know, but what's the going rate? 17-20%? That probably racks up a whole lot more lost interest than a couple of thousand business loans at 8%.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2018, 11:25:04 PM »
I don't know.  I dumped BofA several years ago.  They have been anti-gun for a while. 

The funny part was they wanted a second form of ID to close out the account.  The only second picture ID I had was my conceal handgun license.  They took it, but the teller wasn't happy about it.   =D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2018, 11:39:22 PM »
I don't know.  I dumped BofA several years ago.  They have been anti-gun for a while. 

The funny part was they wanted a second form of ID to close out the account.  The only second picture ID I had was my conceal handgun license.  They took it, but the teller wasn't happy about it.   =D

Did they require a 2nd picture ID or just a 2nd ID? I'm in the same boat as you for 2 picture IDs but I know my wife only has her drivers license for a single picture ID.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2018, 10:51:43 PM »
Normally, I don't go in for "there oughtta be a law", but I'm starting to think that maybe this case may be an exception. Call it the "Protection of Lawful Commerce Act", and simply require that any FDIC-insured bank cannot refuse to serve any lawful business based on political criteria. If they want to be progressives first and businesses second, then they can find out what it's like to be hoisted on their own petard.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2018, 07:27:09 PM »
Hmmm . . . government will prosecute a baker that doesn't want to cater a gay wedding, but the same chartered bank which is constantly scrutinized for things like racial and ethnic loan policies and "redlining" of certain neighborhoods and which has Federal FDIC coverage can refuse to serve a lawful business - based on politics?

Isn't there something very WRONG with this pictures?  ???
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2018, 10:49:16 PM »
Some people some where are desperate to disarm the American people. Why?
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2018, 11:22:40 PM »

It's about CONTROL.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2018, 10:25:46 AM »
They want to go full communist.  The can't go full communist if they don't have a monopoly on force. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge