Author Topic: Democrats to Terminal Cancer Patients --- JUST DIE ALREADY  (Read 1267 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Democrats to Terminal Cancer Patients --- JUST DIE ALREADY
« on: March 14, 2018, 01:22:05 PM »
Boy are my liberal facebook friends being oh so very quiet on this one...

And here I thought the Dems were the party of compassionate health care and Republicans were all about keeping treatments away...

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/13/us/politics/house-rejects-right-to-try-bill.html

What's that pesky little saying that they love to trot out when guns bans are mentioned... "If it saves just one life it's worth it!"

Well, apparently not when it comes to cancer.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

dogmush

• friend
Re: Democrats to Terminal Cancer Patients --- JUST DIE ALREADY
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 01:49:50 PM »
From the article:

Most of the opposition came from Democrats, who said the bill gave false hope to patients and could actually endanger people dying of incurable diseases, because it would undermine protections provided by the Food and Drug Administration

I'm just going to let you folks unpack that little statement....

slugcatcher

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 02:45:42 PM »
I take the drug companies are not paying donating enough to the DNC.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 10:50:23 PM »
From the article:

I'm just going to let you folks unpack that little statement....

Could mean dying in days rather than months.

Reading the actual article it seems that the most of the opposition is from that there are already options to get the medications this would merely remove oversight. Probably enable snake oil makers to push their products more.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 06:32:16 AM »
Shouldn't terminal patients be allowed to die using the snake oil of their choosing? Doesn't matter what medicine you take (or don't take), ultimately it's God who decides if and when a person will die.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2018, 07:38:02 AM »
Shouldn't terminal patients be allowed to die using the snake oil of their choosing? Doesn't matter what medicine you take (or don't take), ultimately it's God who decides if and when a person will die.

Only if one believes in God.*

*Not Snark, I think that's one of the reasons this topic is so contentious in politics these days.  Virtue signaling church visits aside, a lot of folks arguing this don't believe in a God that makes that kind of call.  Not really.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2018, 12:08:07 PM »
Of course the Dems want them to just die already. Gotta bump up the voter pool before the midterms.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2018, 12:18:27 PM »
Shouldn't terminal patients be allowed to die using the snake oil of their choosing?

So now this is turning into a loophole for physician assisted suicide?
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2018, 02:11:56 PM »
So now this is turning into a loophole for physician assisted suicide?

Not likely.  The doctors would not be obligated to supply a drug just because a dying cancer patient requested it.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

grampster

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2018, 03:38:33 PM »
Hey if them sickos would just do everyone a favor and die quickly, Obamacare premiums would go down.  Someone should call the DNC and remind 'em of that.  Maybe they'll change their votes. :angel: ;/ :P
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 09:28:25 PM by grampster »
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2018, 04:47:17 PM »
There are days I do wish I would die already.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2018, 04:48:33 PM »
Only if one believes in God.*

*Not Snark, I think that's one of the reasons this topic is so contentious in politics these days.  Virtue signaling church visits aside, a lot of folks arguing this don't believe in a God that makes that kind of call.  Not really.

Well, if God is real, then God makes the call whether or not the patient believes in God.

On the other hand, if the atheists are right and there is no God, then it can still be argued that patients who have been pronounced "terminal" should be allowed to decide for themselves which snake oil they wish to try in an attempt to avoid terminal-ness. By definition, if the condition is officially "terminal" then the FSA-approved medicines aren't expected to help, so why not allow them to try something else?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2018, 10:14:45 AM »

Remember, even Steve Jobs bought into snakeoil for a while, trying alternative medicine.  Not sure what form it took, other than a "special diet".

I'm not so much objecting to people seeking the healing methods of their choice, as I am to the deception offered to desperate people looking for something, anything, to extend their lives some more.  The FDA, from what I'm reading, simply looks for a reasonable chance that it will help more than harm.  When I say "snakeoil", I'm referring more to the deception, where the offerer knows darn well it won't help, but can convince the patient to spend oodles of money on it, ripping them from their family and such.

You see similar things with the parents who are shoving bleach up their children's bottoms in the hope of curing autism.

Not likely.  The doctors would not be obligated to supply a drug just because a dying cancer patient requested it.

They'd just shop around until they found one.

Well, if God is real, then God makes the call whether or not the patient believes in God.

that is an interesting theory.