Author Topic: NY Gov Joins Student Walk Out Movement  (Read 2154 times)

Ned Hamford

• friend
NY Gov Joins Student Walk Out Movement
« on: March 14, 2018, 09:59:23 PM »
Great photo op, but isn't it contributing to the truancy of minors? It is a current band wagon going on, at least in New York, of officials giving their blessing for children to exhibit the approved protest messages.  Sure, take the day off and join a protest, as long as its for the right cause. 
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: NY Gov Joins Student Walk Out Movement
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 01:17:42 PM »
Children are a resource of the state, and will occasionally be used, as the Party deems necessary, to advance the well-being of the people.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

griz

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 02:27:51 PM »
I saw Bernie Sanders did the same thing.  Here is a photo of him with one of his armed protector clearing his path.  Just think, once they take guns away from everybody it will be safe for politicians to go to gun free zones.  At least that's what I'm told. ???

Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 03:30:08 PM »
Bernie Sanders is a creepy old Communist.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

griz

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 07:38:22 PM »
Great photo op, but isn't it contributing to the truancy of minors? It is a current band wagon going on, at least in New York, of officials giving their blessing for children to exhibit the approved protest messages.  Sure, take the day off and join a protest, as long as its for the right cause. 

The more I think about it, the more it strikes me as using easily swayed young people to make a political point.  That's pretty disgusting.  Any guess what would happen if a group of students took a day off to go to a pro-gun rally?  So I agree with you 100 percent.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2018, 12:52:07 AM »
The more I think about it, the more it strikes me as using easily swayed young people to make a political point.  That's pretty disgusting.  Any guess what would happen if a group of students took a day off to go to a pro-gun rally?  So I agree with you 100 percent.

There's some talk going around about using this as precedent for an anti-abortion walkout. But I think we all know that's not how these things work.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2018, 02:25:12 AM »

Over on the Gun Control thread, https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2018/03/15/watch-student-with-sign-not-conforming-to-lefts-gun-control-narrative-removed-from-nationalwalkoutday-rally/
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2018, 09:39:01 AM »
Over on the Gun Control thread, https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2018/03/15/watch-student-with-sign-not-conforming-to-lefts-gun-control-narrative-removed-from-nationalwalkoutday-rally/

Add that to the growing list of reasons I think we would be better off if public school were just abolished. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2018, 09:57:47 AM »

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2018, 10:13:50 AM »
Add that to the growing list of reasons I think we would be better off if public school were just abolished. 

This.

Also, this is why we have Trump. This nation is so far out of order, on so many levels, and for so many reasons, that a) we are losing faith in the political class that we've been entrusting these things to, and b) we know we need leaders that will say and do and propose things that are too far outside of mainstream views for those pukes in item a. Even if half of what Trump says and does is garbage, it's at least not more of the same. Trumpism is far from a perfect solution, but we know that something has to change.

Gonna go soak my noggin in some cold water now.

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2018, 10:37:12 AM »
And it has gotten even more fun... Students are being suspended for failure to participate in this political theater. 

A client's 8 year old daughter had the pleasure of a class discussion about school shootings and the evil of guns.  She is quite proud of her for even tho she is the only one in the class to have lost someone from gun violence, she doesn't blame the inanimate object. 

The political bias and echo chamber going on in public schools is so absurd I wouldn't believe it if I didn't see it with my own eyes.  Folks who literally don't know anyone who isn't a proud liberal. Yup, bastions of free thought in those halls. 

griz

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2018, 01:52:46 PM »
Just curious:  Did they even hold class for the students that did not participate in the "walkout" or did they tacitly admit that it was mandatory?

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2018, 03:26:50 PM »
Just curious:  Did they even hold class for the students that did not participate in the "walkout" or did they tacitly admit that it was mandatory?

No class. Suspension for the kid who went to the class room and sat quietly anyways for interference with school operation.  He was given the option of going to the protest or the principals office. 

griz

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2018, 07:43:54 PM »
No class. Suspension for the kid who went to the class room and sat quietly anyways for interference with school operation.  He was given the option of going to the protest or the principals office. 

That's about what I feared.  The government requires kids to go to school and the school requires kids to toe the party line.  Indoctrination disguised as education.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2018, 08:38:08 PM »

Recently read an article about a kid who was suspended for not taking part. It said that he could either take part or go to a "study hall". He chose to sit in class because he didn't think it was the place to make a political statement and so was suspended. Which I think brings up the question, where was the teacher?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2018, 12:54:54 PM »
And there's the teacher that was suspended for having the nerve to ask if students could stage a pro-life walkout.   Wrongthink will not be tolerated.

https://reason.com/blog/2018/03/15/national-school-walkout-abortion-guns
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.