Author Topic: X-Files  (Read 1799 times)

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
X-Files
« on: March 17, 2018, 07:35:28 PM »
I'm enjoying the "new" x-files in general, but this episode is pure genius!

Yeah, I got the smartphone, the Alexas and smarthome plugs and bulbs and such.  I utilize the modern tech.  Want a glimpse of how it could all go bad?
You think it was rough when the Roomba tried to clean up the puppy poop?

https://www.fox.com/watch/39b3ae45d91f1e826f679ad8555a5a33/

Skynet was never this evil.
You'll be glad you watched it.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: X-Files
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 10:45:42 PM »
I saw that episode on FOX-TV  a week or two ago.   It was OK, I guess.  When Mulder got home, turned on the TV,  and it started playing the opening theme to "THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN,"  however,  it reminded me that I have the box set of DVDs of that series,  and I might be better off watching one of those, I realized that this episode wasn't quit up to par with the others.   Needed more development .... some over arching conspiracy.... and also, more DIALOG.

But I liked the original series and for the most part,  the X FILES  re-boot is pretty good as a follow on.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 11:58:33 PM »
Personally, I liked the way this episode stands on its own. I wouldn't say that it's not on a par with the others at all.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
-P.F.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2018, 01:04:51 PM »
Well,  I was only offering my opinion.  We're all entitled to our own opinions .... I don't think my opinion means others shouldn't love that episode if that's what they believe. ;)
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2018, 03:02:09 PM »
No prob.  In my opinion, some shows overdo the idea of extended storylines.  Sometimes I like to just enjoy a snapshot instead of a mural.  Neegan is a mural worth following (IMO), but an occasional episode that can stand on its own, like this X-files episode, is enjoyable too and may even cover an issue even better because of it. And I really relate to it.  Last week I put the last dill chip on my hamburger.  While I was thinking of it, I said "Alexa, put dill chips on my shopping list".  Alexa replied "I have put dildos on your shopping list".  My wife and son thought that was just a hoot!  Two nights ago as I was going to sleep, I told Alexa, "Play Buckethead seed on Pandora".  Alexa answered, "Playing music from Dora the Explorer" and started this most annoying child singing musical torture.  Many of the scenarios in this episode were familiar to me.  I loved it.  You didn't.  That's all good with me.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
-P.F.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2018, 05:23:55 PM »
I liked that episode.  (the "Forehead Sweat" ep was even better)  But I think the point was that the robots were not evil; they were just juvenile.  (I picked that up from the repeated "Teach Your Children" song)   The end result is the same, just not how you get there. ;)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 05:48:30 PM by zxcvbob »
"It's good, though..."

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2018, 09:01:03 PM »
Well,  I was only offering my opinion.  We're all entitled to our own opinions .... I don't think my opinion means others shouldn't love that episode if that's what they believe. ;)

"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2018, 10:58:34 PM »
I liked that episode.  (the "Forehead Sweat" ep was even better)  But I think the point was that the robots were not evil; they were just juvenile.  (I picked that up from the repeated "Teach Your Children" song)   The end result is the same, just not how you get there. ;)
I guess the 3D printed bullets were just juvenile.................and funny. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2018, 11:33:13 PM »
The IX-Files was a better show.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2018, 12:08:30 AM »
I guess the 3D printed bullets were just juvenile.................and funny. 

That was the only part I thought was really stupid. :D  (no gunpowder, no chamber, etc)
"It's good, though..."

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2018, 08:37:54 AM »
That was the only part I thought was really stupid. :D  (no gunpowder, no chamber, etc)

Agreed.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
-P.F.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2018, 09:37:43 AM »
That was the only part I thought was really stupid. :D  (no gunpowder, no chamber, etc)
Maybe not the only stupid part.  
1.  The only weapon used by humans was the bat (which worked) and then he dropped it on the ground.  Except for one or two, the bots never had any obvious weapons.
2.  They were obviously being herded half the time and never made any effort to break past the bots herding them.  

The tip thing was just funny especially when after all they went through he still gave the minimum tip.  

I had to roll my eyes when they said "we learn from you".  I have never been harassed by a network of minimum wage workers after not tipping.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2018, 09:27:43 PM »

I had to roll my eyes when they said "we learn from you".  I have never been harassed by a network of minimum wage workers after not tipping.

Maybe the minimum wagers you've encountered were not that motivated or not that smart.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
-P.F.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2018, 10:55:19 PM »
Maybe the minimum wagers you've encountered were not that motivated or not that smart.
If they were that motivated, I probably tipped them.  I think could count on one hand the number of times I purposefully left no tip.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2018, 06:15:55 AM »
If they were that motivated, I probably tipped them.  I think could count on one hand the number of times I purposefully left no tip.

Ditto.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
-P.F.