Author Topic: We Won't Accept Your Money if You're White  (Read 1143 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
We Won't Accept Your Money if You're White
« on: March 22, 2018, 06:48:01 PM »
Okay, let's have a company put out a notice that they will "not accept money from black women" and see how that goes. Pretty soon I won't be able to buy stocks because I'm the wrong gender and color.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/20/technology/founders-for-change-tech-diversity.html

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

freakazoid

• friend
Re: We Won't Accept Your Money if You're White
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 08:09:24 PM »
 :rofl:
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 08:56:09 PM »

What if there's a company that wants to invest, but all of its diverse people of color are male vegans?

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 09:35:19 PM »
What if the investor is a black woman, but has a white guy who writes the checks?  I guess that combo would be unacceptable. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2018, 07:05:57 AM »
 "“It was counterintuitive for us to raise money from a bunch of white guys who want to extract all the value from the world,” said Mr. McFedries"

Yeah, because everyone knows that blacks and women don't care about value. At all. They just love giving money away.  :facepalm:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 07:28:59 AM »
That's fine, I don't like doing business with racists anyway.

Sure is a good thing we live in a country where a private business can choose to deal with other people, or not, for any reason they want, including the color of their skin, with no government interference at all.

......Oh wait.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2018, 10:18:59 AM »
While some might say these kinds of things, popping up so much, are just part of the "crazy 24/7 news cycle", I actually see them as a bit more ominous. When you see how widespread this "anti-racism and pro-diversity" stuff is, you also see that it's exactly the opposite that they claim.

It's not, "We're protesting racist white men". It's, "We hate all white men just because". This is not like the racism against black people we may have seen in the 1970s - this is the kind of racism we saw in the 1870s. They are preaching total segregation and denial of rights. If this keeps up, soon there will be "no whites allowed" water fountains so people don't catch "toxic white masculinity".

These people aren't talking equality.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2018, 11:54:52 AM »
While some might say these kinds of things, popping up so much, are just part of the "crazy 24/7 news cycle", I actually see them as a bit more ominous. When you see how widespread this "anti-racism and pro-diversity" stuff is, you also see that it's exactly the opposite that they claim.

It's not, "We're protesting racist white men". It's, "We hate all white men just because". This is not like the racism against black people we may have seen in the 1970s - this is the kind of racism we saw in the 1870s. They are preaching total segregation and denial of rights. If this keeps up, soon there will be "no whites allowed" water fountains so people don't catch "toxic white masculinity".

Yep, they want to bring back Plessy v Ferguson.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2018, 11:58:56 AM »

These people have decided that life is a zero-sum game and are going to act on it. They believe that, in order to "win" at life, they have to make other people "lose". So they are working on on ensuring other people "lose". (Because that's all they need to do to "win".)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2018, 12:40:31 PM »

This is why I've been saying that anti-white racism has become a more serious problem than racism against blacks and browns. Not because there's much of a body count, but because it's accepted and encouraged by so many influential people and institutions.

Still, I'm not sure how successful they can be. Economically, and in other ways, it's a lot easier to discriminate against a small minority that has little social or political influence, and little money to spend with your business, if you let them. White males may not make up a majority, but we're still a pretty large group, and with a lot more influence and market share than blacks had in the segregation era.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife