Author Topic: David Hogg -- Egomaniac  (Read 14359 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: David Hogg -- Egomaniac
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2018, 03:22:17 PM »
I don't think the kid is stupid, but he's no genius either.  Even so, I predict he will land a scholarship to some particularly Marxist college on the basis of his publicity alone

Oberlin it is then...
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2018, 04:39:23 PM »
I doubt any collage would want him. Yes, he is currently the media SJW darling, but he's shown enough instability already that it won't be long before he crashes and burns, most likely in a truly EPIC fashion.
At which point the media will turn on him and he will become the hot potato.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2018, 06:49:01 PM »

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2018, 01:20:59 AM »
He is turning out to be a pretty vile human being.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2018, 07:14:06 AM »
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Young Mr. Hogg feels empowered, and he is a walking, talking poster child for the truth of the above saying.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

erictank

• friends
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2018, 07:34:53 AM »
Hmm. I was stating the standard scale, where 4.0 is as high as you can go. Apparently the UCs are doing the "weighted" thing now:

http://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/counselors/freshman/profiles/index.html

Way back in the 80s, when I was in high school, if you took AP courses (I was AP English all the way through HS, and took a couple of others to make sure I made the required number to be considered an Advanced student), you were graded on a 5-point scale instead of a 4-point.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2018, 11:19:30 AM »
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2018/03/30/what-bias-cnn-hosts-slam-on-dumbass-colleges-that-rejected-david-hogg-sends-heads-to-desks-video/

:facepalm: The propaganda machine never rests.

Who are the sponsors of the UC universities? We must boycott them all immediately!

Oh wait. It's the taxpayers.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2018, 01:51:19 PM »
He is turning out to be a pretty vile human being.

Yup.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2018/03/30/youre-nasty-and-vile-patrick-petty-who-lost-his-sister-in-parkland-shooting-drops-david-hogg/

https://twitter.com/Patrickpetty23/status/979467226075009024?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

I find it funny that @davidhogg111 wants people to show him love while being nasty and vile to others. Worse than that, he and his friends have not said a word to me since the shooting, considering my sister died on 2/14 don’t you think it would’ve been loving to reach out to me?

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2018, 03:58:52 PM »

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2018, 04:56:56 PM »
I wish "our side" would fight back more, more demonstration etc.
I'm so tired of the hoggs
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2018, 06:42:41 PM »
The rational part of a teen’s brain isn’t fully developed and won’t be until age 25 or so.

https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/encyclopedia/content.aspx?ContentTypeID=1&ContentID=3051
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2018, 03:13:07 PM »
Is the tide beginning to turn against young Mr. Hogg?

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/cnn-grills-david-hogg-laura-ingraham-boycott-people-133118929.html

“Some people are calling you a bully,” Cabrera told Hogg before reading a quote from conservative commentator Erick Erickson, who accused the teenager of bullying the Fox News host for not accepting her apology.

“What do you say to that?” Cabrera asked Hogg.

Hogg said he didn’t agree with Erickson’s assessment and that he would rule out any chance of going on Ingraham’s show until she “apologizes to all the people she has hurt throughout her professional career because of her immaturity and unprofessionalism.”

Pot . . . kettle . . .

HankB

• friend
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2018, 06:35:28 PM »
Hogg is so brilliant he became an overnight expert on firearms, so perhaps we should seek his wise counsel on other issues (achieving peace in the Middle East, dealing with the national debt, North Korean WMDs, etc.) on which his advice will be equally sage, well reasoned, and valid.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2018, 10:18:50 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RKptf9Vu-U
Louder with Crowder on the subject.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2018, 10:53:32 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RKptf9Vu-U
Louder with Crowder on the subject.

That sums it up pretty well.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2018, 12:55:09 AM »
Hogg is so brilliant he became an overnight expert on firearms, so perhaps we should seek his wise counsel on other issues (achieving peace in the Middle East, dealing with the national debt, North Korean WMDs, etc.) on which his advice will be equally sage, well reasoned, and valid.

I submitted the following to a satire news site, but they found the guy right after that, so I'll never know if they would have run it.

Austin Police Await Advice on Bombings From Local Students   

Austin, TX – After a string of deadly, and mystifying bombings, officials in Austin say they have reached out to local high school students for input.

“Obviously, we've all seen how savvy high school students are on solving the problem of violent crime,” said Jim Rodriguez, of the Austin Metropolitan Police. “Given the marches, and walk-outs, and the wisdom that's been on display, we're confident we're going to get some good ideas out of the students here in Austin. And if recent events are any indicator, students don't rush to blame law enforcement, even when there are multiple, egregious, and obvious screw-ups. We appreciate that aspect of their input, as well.”

Experts are cautiously optimistic that students will find some unrelated organization to pin the crimes on, while shielding government entities from blame.

As we go to press, the Austin police are also awaiting responses from late night hosts, actors, and comedians.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2018, 01:30:29 AM »
^^^ Why did you submit that to a satire site? Was it supposed to be satire?

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2018, 04:29:35 AM »

Screw advice.  Send him to negotiate with ISIS.  Give him a US flag bikini so they'll know he's unarmed.

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2018, 07:26:29 PM »
I hope he dies as an old man.

But tin-beanie Hutch is very, very afraid he is being anointed for martyrdom.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2018, 02:42:16 AM »

Quick, somebody find some inside dirt on the Clintons to give him.

That way, it'll be an accident and liberals will be under orders not to draw too much attention to it.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2018, 08:56:44 AM »
I hope he dies as an old man.

???

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2018, 02:53:55 PM »

grampster

• friend
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2018, 03:51:01 PM »
^^^^^^^^Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaa
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2018, 04:30:20 PM »
I admire this kid.  No really, I do.  Here's this scrawny little annoying kid.  Moved from one coast to the other just as he's starting high school.  Looks like the kind of kid that isn't a jock, apparently isn't academically gifted, so he's got no real way to make himself "special."  Just another kid.  So, he gets his camera and starts a vlog.  Looks like that wasn't getting much attention, so he then is somewhere near this school shooting, and records interviews on his phone while the shooting is going on.  Then he runs home for the good camera to record more interviews.  Then he joins up with a bunch of together kids and sells this movement.  We're going to save the children.  Gets invited all over the country.  TV appearances, public events.  Probably gets more actions with the boys/girls (don't know his preference)  than he ever did before.  His bitching about college is probably going to net him a full ride somewhere.  That is if he doesn't end up as a celebrity with his own show.  Hell,m we're even talking about him here at APS.  From nothing special at Christmas of 2017 to superstar before Easter, 2018.  I wish I had that kind of success... 

[barf]
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark