Author Topic: Unroll.me  (Read 485 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Unroll.me
« on: April 15, 2018, 11:33:17 PM »
While reading this article:

https://hbr.org/2018/04/why-email-is-so-stressful-even-though-its-not-actually-that-time-consuming

(Yes, I found it stressful .  There was nothing like looking at the Yahoo mail tab and seeing (20+) to make we worry about what things I was suddenly going to have to add to my to-do list for day.   Grant usually +75% percent were subscriptions with the occasional piece of spam thrown in.  But every no and again was some *expletive deleted*it-storm from either the BSA or work or another group and I would have to step in to help resolve.

Anywho.  I signed up.  So discovered I was on 62 subscription lists !?!?!?  Some I do remember signing up for simply because I was looking at something or saw their newsletter (The one and only issue that had anything remotely interesting and worthwhile to read).  Dumped a lot of those.... Now I get one e-mail "round up" of all my remaining subscriptions that I can go through and click to get the full e-mail from there. 

So today, instead of 20+ emails, I had 2.  The round-up and a question from a Scout parent.

Much less stress today.     
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: Unroll.me
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 08:33:54 PM »
If I'm clear on what you're taking about, seems to me they sometimes have the "X" buttons surrounded by a "subscribe" area.  Miss it a smidge and bang, you're subscribed.  Like the "vote for" areas being different for the two candidates on the last voter machine scandal...

Vote for:

Sam Progressive________________________________________

Jack Conservative  __

Or maybe that's just the popup ads.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 08:46:46 PM by 230RN »