Author Topic: Starbucks Boycott  (Read 2959 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Starbucks Boycott
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2018, 08:42:04 AM »
Actually, we're already boycotting Starbucks for their myriad of virtue signalling to the left.

So, I'm going to sit back and drink some not-Starbucks and just smile a the left eating their own.  :rofl: (Ok, maybe more than smile.)

It doesn't matter how much your virtue signal, leftists- ONE mistake. ONE deviation from "wokeness" and your mob will turn on you. Enjoy!

Starbucks is a little bi polar in it's virtue signaling.  They dug in on open carry (not kicking out open carriers) at one point and the left was frothing at the mouth.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2018, 09:30:38 AM »
Starbucks is a little bi polar in it's virtue signaling.  They dug in on open carry (not kicking out open carriers) at one point and the left was frothing at the mouth.

Yea, but open carriers are not a protected class of the left, whereas the African-Americans are a protected class of the left.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2018, 09:35:16 AM »

I think back then they were trying to be liberal with leanings towards the classical sense of the word. I reckon it didn't go over well with 80% of their clientele.

I think their reasoning was that they simply followed the law based on location, so some Starbucks banned it, others did not.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2018, 10:55:28 AM »
Actually, we're already boycotting Starbucks for their myriad of virtue signalling to the left.

I thought it was for trying to pass off moldy charcoal as coffee grounds.  Either way, the local one often has some good charitable works going when I've stopped in to exercise my white cyclist privilege by getting free water.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2018, 02:10:00 PM »
https://www.dailywire.com/news/29607/viral-video-black-man-demanding-free-reparations-amanda-prestigiacomo

“Racism is a business," Sharpe told The Blaze. "Thanks to the ridiculousness of BLM activists, it’s the new publicity stunt — and I think I just proved it.”

Prefacing the event, Sharpe says at the top of the video that he's about to go inside the Starbucks located behind him and get his "free coffee." He was apparently confident the white guilt at any liberal Starbucks would be abundant.

“I heard y’all was racist, so I came to get my, um, free coffee,” he tells a white barista named Amanda.

I think it's hilarious that a few days ago, we were talking about NYC being invaded by scary Christians, and it turns out Starbucks is the evil force that woke city-dwellers really have to fear. (Not that the Starbucks panic is any more reality-based than the Jesus Chicken panic.)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 06:32:18 PM by fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2018, 05:40:20 PM »
Cities around here used to actually have special zones for automobile dealerships, and there was a stretch of one of the main streets that was known as "Motor Mile" when I was a kid because it was just one dealership after another, on both sides of the street. Back then I didn't know anything about zoning -- I only found out about that last year when researching the zoning maps for a friend. But it made sense from a business perspective, because prospective buyers didn't have to travel around to compare vehicles. Now, of course, dealerships have much larger buildings and much larger lots, so they've all bolted from the city to the 'burbs, but the automotive business zone remains.

Perhaps it's time to change the moribund automotive business zone into a "guaranteed to offend someone businesses" zone. Put 'em all in one place so everyone can get their daily dose of righteous indignation out of the way together, and then go on with their days.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2018, 08:04:02 PM »
You're gonna need a bigger zone.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?