Author Topic: Comey's New Book  (Read 1303 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Comey's New Book
« on: April 13, 2018, 09:05:26 AM »
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2018/04/12/uh-oh-this-admission-in-james-comeys-book-about-the-2016-election-is-raising-a-lot-of-eyebrows/
Book Review
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/12/books/review/james-comey-a-higher-loyalty.html

So Comey admits that he was weighing other factors (i.e. polling numbers) rather than just the law when he made his decision.

As for his controversial disclosure on Oct. 28, 2016, 11 days before the election, that the F.B.I. was reviewing more Clinton emails that might be pertinent to its earlier investigation, Comey notes here that he had assumed from media polling that Clinton was going to win. He has repeatedly asked himself, he writes, whether he was influenced by that assumption: “It is entirely possible that, because I was making decisions in an environment where Hillary Clinton was sure to be the next president, my concern about making her an illegitimate president by concealing the restarted investigation bore greater weight than it would have if the election appeared closer or if Donald Trump were ahead in all polls. But I don’t know.”
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Comey's New Book
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 09:13:31 AM »
Political hack admits he is a political hack.

News at 11.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 09:38:39 AM »
Weasels gotta weasel.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 09:44:54 AM »
Comey (from the book review):

“We are experiencing a dangerous time in our country,” Comey writes, “with a political environment where basic facts are disputed, fundamental truth is questioned, lying is normalized and unethical behavior is ignored, excused or rewarded.”

I don't think he realizes that this describes Hillary at least as much and as well as it describes Trump.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 10:06:17 AM »

“We are experiencing a dangerous time in our country,” Comey writes, “with a political environment where basic facts are disputed, fundamental truth is questioned, lying is normalized and unethical behavior is ignored, excused or rewarded.”

I don't think he realizes that this describes Hillary at least as much and as well as it describes Trump.

I thought he was talking about the Left's war on truth in general, but especially when it comes to sexuality, gender, and abortion.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 01:26:51 PM »
So Comey admits that he was weighing other factors (i.e. polling numbers) rather than just the law when he made his decision.

Jim Geraghty at National Review focused in on the same thing. Seems like quite an admission except that he says 'it's possible' and he 'doesn't know' how much those other factors weighed in. There are weasel words there for a reason, he's not letting himself be pinned down on anything.

He uses almost the exact same phrase about Trump & hookers:
I don't know whether the current president of the United States was with prostitutes peeing on each other in Moscow in 2013,” Comey told ABC’s George Stephanopoulos. “It's possible but I don't know.”
It's all wishy washy politician speak.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2018, 04:45:26 AM »

I don't think he realizes that this describes Hillary at least as much and as well as it describes Trump himself.

FTFY
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 03:03:19 PM by fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife