Author Topic: Another hate crime - thanks, Trump.  (Read 1517 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Another hate crime - thanks, Trump.
« on: May 14, 2018, 11:43:25 PM »
https://www.dailywire.com/news/30628/exclusive-cheesecake-factory-employees-attack-ryan-saavedra

Diner harassed and threatened, for Wearing a MAGA hat while black.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Another hate crime - thanks, Trump.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 09:15:04 AM »
Sounds like some people deserved to be arrested at the least.  I guess they weren't busy and they had nothing better to do than try to shame someone. 

Google says Dadeland Mall is in Miami.  Anyone know anything about that area?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 09:25:17 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIJ6u-e8JXk

Did a search on youtube and found this.  Sounds like a great neighborhood.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 09:30:05 AM »
I read the Fox News version of the story. As usual, little detail. However, if anything in the story is accurate, it sounds like 50% of the employees at that location need to be fired. In fact if the victim's and witness statements are accurate, there might be the potential for arrests. I might consider myself in physical danger in that situation.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2018, 01:36:59 PM »
Hmmm . . . sounds like a large group of peaceful diners ought to descend on that restaurant while wearing MAGA hats and carrying discrete video recording equipment. Or at least smartphones. Could be a LOT of material for YouTube.

Really, it's surprising that so far no smartphone video of the incident has surfaced. If the story is true, at the very least, ALL of the employees who took part in this harassment and threatening behavior - every last one of them - ought to be summarily fired. If they're not - it's a pretty solid indication that the restaurant approves of what they did.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2018, 04:25:01 PM »
Some employees are on leave pending outcome of something something. I thought this was fast food not cops.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2018, 09:24:17 PM »
Hmmm . . . sounds like a large group of peaceful diners ought to descend on that restaurant while wearing MAGA hats and carrying discrete video recording equipment. Or at least smartphones. Could be a LOT of material for YouTube.

Really, it's surprising that so far no smartphone video of the incident has surfaced. If the story is true, at the very least, ALL of the employees who took part in this harassment and threatening behavior - every last one of them - ought to be summarily fired. If they're not - it's a pretty solid indication that the restaurant approves of what they did.
If you organized a mass group of diners, make sure you either bring video cameras or don't eat the food or both.  Best just to abandon that food chain.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2018, 03:22:34 PM »
https://www.dailywire.com/news/30724/cheesecake-factory-releases-results-investigation-ryan-saavedra

The factory has apologized to Mr. MAGA Hat, and fired two employees.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2018, 02:01:00 AM »
We need more people like this, but without the discrimination.  If they'd harass, ridicule and threaten anyone wearing any hat at the damn dinner table, I'd be asking where to send my donations.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2018, 06:53:42 AM »
https://www.dailywire.com/news/30724/cheesecake-factory-releases-results-investigation-ryan-saavedra

The factory has apologized to Mr. MAGA Hat, and fired two employees.

Based on the description of the incident, it would appear they need to fire a lot more than two employees.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design