Author Topic: Publix Boycott  (Read 4141 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Publix Boycott
« on: May 16, 2018, 10:03:41 AM »
So Publix is being boycotted for supporting a politician who supports the NRA. I've only been to Publix a couple of times, so maybe those of you in the regions where they are can chime in, but I got the impression that most Publix stores are in areas that generally lean right (or at least don't lean too far left). If so, I wouldn't expect the boycott to do more than the usual we've seen lately, which is to increase their sales.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2018/05/16/david-hogg-targets-new-company-for-boycott-over-gop-flgov-candidate-adamputnams-support-of-the-nra/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Publix Boycott
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 10:20:29 AM »
I've shopped at a local Publix for nearly two decades.  Yes I live in a pretty conservative area,  Morgan County, Alabama.  I never thought of Publix in the context of politics ... and I refuse to boycott them.  In fact I may go there and buy stuff I don't even need just to support them if they support the NRA, and some libtards want to boycott them. [ar15] [ar15] [ar15] [ar15] [ar15] [ar15] [ar15] [ar15] [ar15] [ar15]
TAKE THAT, ALL YOU FLAMING LIBTARDS! 
 :angel:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 10:24:34 AM »
Looks like the farthest north Publix gets is Fredericksburg, Virginia, which is about 50 miles from my house.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 10:28:43 AM »
I don't know what a Publix is, but according the map of their locations, they'd be nuts to go left on this. They're literally in Chick-fil-A country.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 10:31:18 AM »
I don't know what a Publix is, but according the map of their locations, they'd be nuts to go left on this. They're literally in Chick-fil-A country.

It's a grocery store chain with its own name brand products along with nationwide stuff.  Pretty good place to shop!
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 10:48:19 AM »
but according the map of their locations, they'd be nuts to go left on this. They're literally in Chick-fil-A country.

That's kinda what I was thinking. I've only been to their stores in Florida, mostly when I was on extended work travel and staying in extended stay places where I could cook. I liked their selections a bit better than say, the Piggly Wiggly. In some ways they were like a Whole Foods with the accompanying clientele, but I figure that's a smaller part of the general population where the stores are, versus the majority, as in CA.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 11:27:30 AM »
That's kinda what I was thinking. I've only been to their stores in Florida, mostly when I was on extended work travel and staying in extended stay places where I could cook. I liked their selections a bit better than say, the Piggly Wiggly. In some ways they were like a Whole Foods with the accompanying clientele, but I figure that's a smaller part of the general population where the stores are, versus the majority, as in CA.

You know what you can do with your Californ-eye-ai yankee opinions, boy.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2018, 11:35:33 AM »
They have a really good deli and sammiches.

I split my shopping between Publix, because it's good quality and nice, and Winn-Dixie because it's cheap.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2018, 11:46:33 AM »
I love Publix.

They are more expensive, but they have nice stores and really nice employees.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2018, 12:41:21 PM »
I love Publix. They have sub sammiches that actually taste like a sub sammich should. Damnit, now I want a sub....

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2018, 01:24:38 PM »
Mr Hogg seems to be increasingly desperate to remain relevant.  (good riddance)
"It's good, though..."

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2018, 05:08:43 AM »
When I used to travel to GA on a regular basis for work Publix was a regular stop. I usually stayed for 4 days so at a time so I would stop at a Publix to get snacks and premade food for lunches or dinners on nights I didn't feel like going out. Hoagies/sandwiches, stuff that could be microwaved in the hotel room, pasta salad, stuff like that. I always though it was good. If I lived near one, I would probably shop there regularly.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2018, 09:25:05 AM »
I love Publix. They have sub sammiches that actually taste like a sub sammich should. Damnit, now I want a sub....

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I love Publix.

They are more expensive, but they have nice stores and really nice employees.

Sounds a little like the small Sur-Fine Shurfine grocery store we had around here.  I'd go well out of my way to shop there.  I could zoom around and pick up my essentials and get out of there in less than ten minutes.  They also had an outstanding kitchen for wholesome packaged home cooking.  Like MikeB mentioned.

Boy, I miss that little store.  Owner finally retired.

If Publix is like that, I think they'll weather the squealing of that little piglet.

Terry

Edited to correct spelling of Shurfine .

« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 11:42:37 AM by 230RN »

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2018, 09:42:42 AM »
Well, I'M boycotting Publix!

How dare they have their closest store be TWO HOURS away from me? They won't be getting my business!
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2018, 10:33:25 AM »
Well, I'M boycotting Publix!

How dare they have their closest store be TWO HOURS away from me? They won't be getting my business!

SOUR-PUSS!   Have you never heard of the word COMMUTE?!   :facepalm: [tinfoil]

Pb

• friend
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2018, 07:58:38 PM »
I will admit when I saw the thread title, I started to get mad thinking I was going to have to boycott them for doing something anti-gun... a relief!

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2018, 10:12:07 AM »

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2018, 10:15:15 AM »
While David Hogg flails away, Kyle Kashuv has been hitting the books.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2018/05/20/congratulations-kyle-kashuv-no-1-in-his-class-out-of-856-students/

:sniff:

Hogg is too busy changing the world to be concerned with mundane issues like getting an education.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• friend

grampster

• friend
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2018, 03:43:19 PM »
We always frequent Publix when we are in Florida for the winter.  Clean stores, good stuff, lots of checkout lanes that are actually manned...and they have booze right next door.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2018, 05:54:28 PM »
We always frequent Publix when we are in Florida for the winter.  Clean stores, good stuff, lots of checkout lanes that are actually manned...and they have booze right next door.

That perfectly describes the one on the approach to Sanibel..
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2018, 09:34:46 AM »
Well, they folded faster than Superman on laundry day.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2018/05/25/david-hogg-scores-a-victory-as-publix-announces-halt-to-political-donations/

Fifteen more minutes for Hogg. Thanks Publix. From what I read, the majority of their stores experienced no "die-ins", but they gave in anyway.

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2018, 11:10:49 AM »
Well, they folded faster than Superman on laundry day.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2018/05/25/david-hogg-scores-a-victory-as-publix-announces-halt-to-political-donations/

Fifteen more minutes for Hogg. Thanks Publix. From what I read, the majority of their stores experienced no "die-ins", but they gave in anyway.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Linguini-spined ...... ********************

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2018, 11:14:22 AM »
Publix should have totally ignored them.  If pressed for a statement, something short and simple like "We don't negotiate with terrorists".  And if the protesters get too disruptive, call the cops and have them thrown out.
"It's good, though..."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2018, 12:20:52 PM »
I suppose on the bright side, they've stopped ALL political donations, so that includes donations to progressive organizations.

I still would have preferred Bob's suggestion of totally ignoring these whiners. Publix seems like one of those businesses that just distributes donations across the political spectrum and generally do so behind the scenes without making a big deal about it. That has always been fine with me. I know that some of Costco's donations go to organizations that I disapprove of, but Costco is not in my face about it, so I'm happy to do business with them, just like I'm happy to interact with many people with whom I disagree politically.