Author Topic: MS-13 and More Fake News  (Read 2763 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
MS-13 and More Fake News
« on: May 17, 2018, 10:58:03 AM »
The fake news machine is in full swing today. There's a video of Trump responding to an LEO specifically regarding MS-13. Trump called them animals. At least a dozen "reputable" MSM outlets and dozens of other entities are using out of context quotes to make it sounds like he called all immigrants animals. They're posting images of "immigrant" (basically, brown colored families because hey, the left doesn't do identity politics, right?) families in an attempt to make it sound like Trump called women and children "animals".

A couple of examples, but there a bunch of others all over the place this morning:

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2018/05/17/you-deceptive-dolt-dccc-staffer-wins-for-the-worst-tweet-yet-on-trump-and-the-ms-13-animals/

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2018/05/17/new-york-times-gets-called-out-for-lying-about-trump-and-ms-13-in-horsesit-tweet/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: MS-13 and More Fake News
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 11:08:20 AM »
What's funny about this, at least to me, is that we hear all the time that "terrorist" and "illegal" are terms that dehumanize people. So, really, if he said all illegals were animals, they can't claim he's doing anything worse than most Americans do all the time. Crying wolf.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 12:17:13 PM »
I guess the TDS is pretty bad when, after the lack of context is called out, you get this:

CNBC’s John Harwood, who has close ties to longtime Clinton crony John Podesta, took things a step further and admitted that he sympathizes with the dangerous gang members.

“However repugnant their actions, MS-13 gang members are human beings IMHO,” Harwood tweeted.

It's funny (in the not ha ha sense) that a majority of MS-13 atrocities are committed against immigrants. Would Harwood and others come to the defense of neonazis if Trump said the same thing about them?

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/05/17/anti-trump-media-takes-president-out-context-to-incorrectly-claim-called-illegal-immigrants-animals.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 12:28:58 PM »
They have been doing this to conservatives and libertarians for as long as I can remember. I guess it took Trump and Social Media for enough people to take notice and be able to call them on it. Maybe there is an upside to social media after all.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 12:47:17 PM »
I just burned one of my more liberal friends on FB who was screeching bloody murder at this.

Told her her news sources -- HuffPo and NYT -- are LYING to her and hoping that she's not going to bother to think for herself.

Democracy doesn't die in the dark, as the Washington Post's banner line claims.

Democracy dies when mainstream media outlets stop reporting the news and become propaganda mills.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 01:49:12 PM »
I just burned one of my more liberal friends on FB who was screeching bloody murder at this.

Told her her news sources -- HuffPo and NYT -- are LYING to her and hoping that she's not going to bother to think for herself.

Democracy dies when mainstream media outlets stop reporting the news and become propaganda mills.

But those outlets will issue a correction, so we can't call it media bias.  ;/

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2018, 03:03:09 PM »

But those outlets will issue a correction, so we can't call it media bias.  ;/

Report in haste, correct at leisure.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2018, 04:52:22 PM »

Maybe the Washington Post turned out the light and is standing in front of the light switch hoping no one notices they are hiding it.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2018, 09:41:52 AM »
This story is absolutely incredible to me. (As in I honestly can't believe it.)

The media runs with a massive distortion of what he says. When called out on it, they double down.

The left, every day, finds a way to surprise me with their mendacity. Every time I think they've gotten as bad as possible, they say, "BUT WAIT, there's more!"

I think it was Selene Zito who coined this, and is proved more correct every day:

"Trump supporters take what he says seriously, but not literally. The media take him literally, but not seriously."
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2018, 10:03:15 AM »
I think it was Selene Zito who coined this, and is proved more correct every day:

"Trump supporters take what he says seriously, but not literally. The media take him literally, but not seriously."

I thought it was Mollie Hemingway.

OK, maybe you're right.
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/09/trump-makes-his-case-in-pittsburgh/501335/

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2018, 10:39:25 AM »

The media runs with a massive distortion of what he says. When called out on it, they double down.

The left, every day, finds a way to surprise me with their mendacity. Every time I think they've gotten as bad as possible, they say, "BUT WAIT, there's more!"

It is an truthful quote.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2018, 10:42:00 AM »

I'm beginning to believe the MSM has a secret Vegas betting pool where they are betting on a Trump 2020 win, and are working to ensure their bet pays off so they can retire rich.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2018, 10:42:21 AM »
Dan Bongino

@dbongino

Democrat Dictionary:

1) Illegal Immigrants - Dreamers
2) Trump Supporters - Deplorables
3) MS-13 Killers - Human Beings
4) Human Beings in the Womb - Not Human Beings
5) Hamas Terrorists - Protestors
6) Law Abiding NRA Members - Terrorists

Perd Hapley

• friend

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2018, 06:31:26 PM »
Trump has the two things that ensure the MSM gets called on their sh!t.

For better or worse, he's thin skinned to counter-punch after every accusation.  Every (R) in the past has just smiled, and taken it, in the hopes that they be invited to all the right parties in DC.  (They weren't).

Twitter gives Trump a platform to show the "Fake News" when the MSM does it.  And they are so stupid they keep getting caught at it, because in this age of ubiquitous recording (Audio and video) it's not just the Big Three (or Four), that can set the narrative.  Now a quick review of the (many) tapes can blow up the narrative in a heartbeat.  Yet the MSM continues to operate as the Great and Powerful Oz (just ignore the man behind the curtain), to their great peril. 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2018, 06:43:05 PM »
I might be naive, but I think most Republicans just figured that answering their critics made them look thin-skinned, or would just add to the negative publicity. Or they worried that it legitimized the critic.

Maybe, in the internet age, that's not true, because the correction to the fake news never gets any traction, outside of alternative media. The undecideds won't hear your side, unless you make your own case, with additional mud-slinging. And people treat late show hosts like serious commentators now, so the legitimacy of the source is not really a factor. Everyone is legitimate.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2018, 09:21:51 PM »
I think Trump has set a track record of responding in his way and people are used to it.  He also has a way of getting his opponents to respond to him which is a unique skill.  I think most of the other Republicans are so unused to responding in a meaningful way they would end up putting their foot in their mouths or would try to do it in the usual political speak and fail.  Some of them don't really believe the stuff they campaign on anyway.  Responding in more than just campaign rhetoric is impossible. 

On the other side, I think the left has hit a point where they operate with very little subtlety.  They act like they are already in the dominant position and no longer need to hide anything.  I just don't think they operate in the same way they did even 10 years ago.  Then there is the fact that viewership and trust in the liberal media has continued to decline and we may be just seeing that reality.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2018, 09:38:00 PM »
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2018/05/22/brilliant-jenn-jacques-has-finally-figured-out-how-to-get-dems-to-support-ar-15s/

Change the name of our AR-15 to MS-13.  Maybe Democrats will support it.  Not sure I would want one, but it would be interesting if one of the manufacturers came out with an MS13 model.   =D

Perd Hapley

• friend

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2018, 01:33:40 AM »

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."