Author Topic: FBI release pro 2nd statement  (Read 847 times)

p12

• friend
  • I SEE NOISES!!
FBI release pro 2nd statement
« on: May 20, 2018, 07:21:26 AM »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: FBI release pro 2nd statement
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 10:27:27 AM »
That's remarkable. Frankly, I wouldn't have expected something like this from the FBI, or any federal LE dept, under any administration in the last 50 years.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 10:37:06 AM »
That's remarkable. Frankly, I wouldn't have expected something like this from the FBI, or any federal LE dept, under any administration in the last 50 years.

Same here. It means even more, if you know how much research the FBI has done on handguns, and their effectiveness. Of course, only shooters are likely to be aware of that.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2018, 02:56:36 PM »
It is heartening to hear such a thing, but it rings hollow for me. The FBI has no say in the creation/modification of public policy, and any official or unofficial opinion from that corner is unlikely to sway the Democrat line.

What would be more compelling, at least on its face, is a statement from the BATF supporting reciprocity, or the refusal to prosecute individuals who manufacture firearms legally if said weapons aren't sold across state lines. I'm not holding my breath.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 09:53:21 AM »
It is heartening to hear such a thing, but it rings hollow for me. The FBI has no say in the creation/modification of public policy, and any official or unofficial opinion from that corner is unlikely to sway the Democrat line.

Nothing will dissuade a Lockstep Lefty (I prefer the term "Communist") from wanting to disarm anyone who opposes his/her psychotic desire for control.

...What would be more compelling, at least on its face, is a statement from the BATF supporting reciprocity, or the refusal to prosecute individuals who manufacture firearms legally if said weapons aren't sold across state lines. I'm not holding my breath.

I think that's actually up to the prosecutors to whom the BATFEHIJKLSEMICOLON provides the information.

And what's this "state line" restriction BS anyhow?  It's up to the restrictive state to enforce its own anti-firearm laws, not the federal government.  In fact federal law would seem to prohibit such <ahem, koff-koff> "infringements" <ahem, koff-koff> on sales, possession, etc. within the individual states.  <ahem, koff-koff>

Terry, Mr. Ahemkoffkoff, 230RN
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 10:06:01 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.