Author Topic: The worm turns  (Read 1633 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
The worm turns
« on: May 17, 2018, 03:05:56 PM »
The honeymoon is over ... and they haven't even held the rehearsal dinner yet.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-missiles-southkorea/north-korea-says-wont-hold-talks-with-incompetent-south-unless-differences-settled-idUSKCN1II0B7

First rocketman started mouthing off about Trump, now he's insulting the South Korean government. I guess Trump can say goodbye to his Nobel Peace Prize. It appears that we were right, and that Kim was (as usual) playing games. The question is: what's the game, and what's the prize? I think he's making a mistake. If he (Kim) thinks he's going to intimidate Trump, I think (and hope) that he's very wrong.

Stay tuned.  [popcorn]
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 03:19:48 PM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: The worm turns
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 03:15:20 PM »
The honeymoon is over ... and they haven't even held the rehearsal dinner yet.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-missiles-southkorea/north-korea-says-wont-hold-talks-with-incompetent-south-unless-differences-settled-idUSKCN1II0B7

First rocketman started mouthing of about Trump, now he's insulting the South Korean government. I guess Trump can say goodbye to his Nobel Peace Prize. It appears that we were right, and that Kim was (as usual) playing games. The question is: what's the game, and what's the prize? I think he's making a mistake. If he (Kim) thinks he's going to intimidate Trump, I think (and hope) that he's very wrong.

Stay tuned.  [popcorn]

Likely all the headlines and articles that effectively said: "WHOA! Trump actually scared the fat man into negotiating" got under his skin.

Since Trump has been conciliatory after the fat man's rapprochement, the fear has receded some. If he backs out, Trump will ratchet up the rhetoric again.

Might start with a quiet warning, first, so the fat man can save face.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 03:29:43 PM by makattak »
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 03:22:38 PM »
The chubby dictator isn't playing from a strong hand at the moment. His nuclear test site basically imploded and is non-functional, whether or not he goes through with a show of "dismantling" it. It already dismantled itself. If he had any smarts, he'd be looking to cut a deal that lets him retire to a quiet island in the South Pacific and leave the north to be slowly absorbed into the south.

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 03:40:32 PM »
It’s posturing. He will do this type of stuff throughout the negotiations. So will Trump and the US most likely. If the media would stay out of the commentary and just reports the news it would probably help dial down the posturing; but it would happen anyway. It’s not too dissimilar to haggling over a deal. Both sides may make outrageous claims and demands, the results at the end are what matter.

After what 60 years of threats and a stalemated war personally I would be surprised if both sides don’t walk away from the bargaining table a few times. If bullets or artillery shells don’t start flying over the border no big deal.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 04:54:59 PM »
It’s posturing. He will do this type of stuff throughout the negotiations. So will Trump and the US most likely. If the media would stay out of the commentary and just reports the news it would probably help dial down the posturing; but it would happen anyway. It’s not too dissimilar to haggling over a deal. Both sides may make outrageous claims and demands, the results at the end are what matter.

After what 60 years of threats and a stalemated war personally I would be surprised if both sides don’t walk away from the bargaining table a few times. If bullets or artillery shells don’t start flying over the border no big deal.
QFT
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 07:59:12 PM »
I figure he's just trying to show that he's the boss.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 09:30:32 PM »
They do this every year when the US/RoK have military exercises.  *yawn*, it's posturing.  Kim has everything to gain and nothing to lose (except nukes) by going to Singapore on 12 June.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2018, 07:22:06 AM »
But HOW can we make this Trump's fault?

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2018, 07:29:18 AM »
But HOW can we make this Trump's fault?

You're joking, right?

OBVIOUSLY, the warmonger Trump failed to properly facilitate the peace process by calling off all training exercises in the region and by not withdrawing all U.S. forces from Asia.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2018, 08:58:19 AM »
Our media seems intent on scrapping the talks.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2018, 09:08:24 AM »
Our media seems intent on scrapping the talks.

Their worst nightmare is that Trump actually facilitates an end to the Korean War, and either is awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, or is *not* awarded the prize and thus exposes the sham.
"It's good, though..."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2018, 07:23:06 AM »
Their worst nightmare is that Trump actually facilitates an end to the Korean War, and either is awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, or is *not* awarded the prize and thus exposes the sham.

OK, well, we know that the Ninth US Court of Appeals would step in and mandate that the war must continue, so we'd be covered there.

As for a conservative getting the Nobel peace prize? It will never happen. The committee that awards it has a long history of giving it only to neutral to hard left individuals and institutions, which matches their individual political philosophies.

Gorbachev got he Peace prize for "bringing a peaceful end to the Cold War." Right... and without John Paul II and Ronald Reagan putting incredible pressure on the Soviet Union AND working hard with them to reduce the thread of a catastrophic nuclear war during the break up, there wouldn't have been an end to the Cold War. At least not a peaceful one.

Al Gore gets the peace prize for "making people woke to the fact that they're killing our planet" all the while he's killing our planet with a likestyle that's incredibly polluting.

Barak Obama gets the peace prize for.... for... OK, for being in office for exactly TWELVE DAYS before the nominations close and not doing thing *expletive deleted*ing one for peace in that time. But, as a member of the committee later admitted, they awarded it to Obama because they wanted to lend him an air of moral authority and legitimacy AND he wasn't George W. Bush.

Yassir Arafat got the award for being a murderous terrorist who wanted to exterminate all Jews. Matches lock step with the committee's beliefs, I'd say.

The best thing in the world that Trump could do if he were awarded the Nobel Peace Prize?

Call it a sham award, the equivalent of a participation trophy, and tell them to stuff it up their corn holes.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

p12

• friend
  • I SEE NOISES!!
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2018, 09:32:15 PM »
If peace comes to Korean region they will give the Nobel to rocket man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2018, 07:26:05 AM »
If peace comes to Korean region they will give the Nobel to rocket man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's exactly right. He would get the prize.