Author Topic: Han Solo movie  (Read 1565 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Han Solo movie
« on: April 09, 2018, 01:29:46 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYV3CzllHRs

I don't really care about the sequel films anymore, and I'm almost totally burnt out on the franchise, but the "anthology" stuff has me feelin' optimistic. Rogue One, I think, is one of the best Star Wars films, along with Empire.

I know nothing about the lead actor on this one, but I think he does look convincingly like Harrison Ford. I'm really surprised that Glover got the Lando part, but I like him, so I hope it works out.

Can they do a Boba Fett movie, or have they already done too much of his back-story in previous films? I don't recall, and haven't seen that clone wars thing.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Han Solo movie
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 04:06:52 PM »
I wouldn't mind some sort of story line that is in the same universe, but completely separate.  Maybe some pirate story on the other side of the galaxy.  I feel like the further they take the same story and characters, the more they step on everyone's view of the original series.

Rogue 1 was great and at least everyone died at the end so a sequel would be difficult. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 04:39:05 PM »
Some things should be allowed to die gracefully, before they have to be put out of their misery.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 04:46:03 PM »
I wouldn't mind some sort of story line that is in the same universe, but completely separate.  Maybe some pirate story on the other side of the galaxy.  I feel like the further they take the same story and characters, the more they step on everyone's view of the original series.

Rogue 1 was great and at least everyone died at the end so a sequel would be difficult. 

fistful likes this

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 06:03:25 PM »
I'll confess. I'm a fan. Thought Jedi was the worst of the original three, but still like it a lot.  Found redeeming qualities in the prequels (good light saber fighting, cool ships, etc).  Really liked Rogue One, on par with Empire.

I had hope for Force Awakens, and walked out feeling a little disappointed.  Last Jedi was just not good.  Yes, I found a couple of redeeming moments as a fan.  The sander fight against the red guards was pretty good.  The use of the ship at hyper space speed to take out the huge star destroyer was cool.  But the rest was junk.

As to the Han Solo film, not sure if I'll go see it, or wait six months for the DVD to come out.  Not confident that they can do a good story.  Let's face it, Rogue One was creative, bit similar to a whole bunch of war movies.  This Solo movie, just not confident.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 08:33:31 PM »

But now where am I going to find two more hours of Felicity Jones looking like she's extremely concerned her laxative may kick in at an inopportune moment?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 10:54:53 PM »
But now where am I going to find two more hours of Felicity Jones looking like she's extremely concerned her laxative may kick in at an inopportune moment?
Maybe they can bring her back as a different character.  An alien or something.  They need someone new to yell "It's a Trap!". 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2018, 11:06:33 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjR71XpAu0I
How Rouge 1 should have ended.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2018, 12:51:54 PM »
Only gripe I have with SOLO is that they didn't use any of the Brian Daley books as scripts. HAN SOLO'S REVENGE is a book dying to be a movie.

Can't wait to see SOLO.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2018, 12:54:30 PM »
I'm still waiting for someone to bring Timothy Zahn's Thrawn trilogy to the screen.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2018, 01:53:58 PM »
Does the Han Solo  movie answer the age old but seldom asked question;  is Han Solo related to Napoleon Solo? [tinfoil] [popcorn]            :rofl:   
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2018, 03:47:58 PM »
Why not just put Jar-Jar Binks in the movie?

https://www.dailywire.com/news/30820/star-wars-writer-lando-sexually-fluid-pansexual-paul-bois

Not to mention "This is America." I'm not as offended by the "message" of that video as the suggestion that it has a message. As The Gunny (may he rest in peace) might have said, it's a modern art masterpiece. Quit telling me what the video means. It means nothing. It's just people dancing, and strutting, and murdering.

OK, sorry. All done for now.