Author Topic: Yeti goes full retard  (Read 9280 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Yeti goes full retard
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2018, 09:41:41 AM »
<Bunch of a post that was giving Yeti the benefit of the doubt>(that is, if this isn't just cover for someone who actually DID try to backstab the NRA.)

Additionally, I do note what is NOT said in the statement: Nothing about continuing to support the NRA. That's rather glaring in its omission...

Looks like cynicism wins out!

Yeti is acting evasive, NRA is giving specifics. The incentive for the NRA to be lying is vanishingly small (save a few thousand $$$ and give up credibility) and the incentive for Yeti to by lying is MASSIVE (avoid losing thousands of paying customers).

Yeti appears to be a duplicitous, lying, backstabbing traitor and now is trying to pretend they aren't. I hope this hurts them badly.

Additionally, I hope they come crawling back to the NRA and are left to drift in the wind. Pour encourager les autres.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2018, 09:44:47 AM »
"Recent events" and "Remove Yeti logo" would put things squarely back in Yeti's court for an explanation. If you're not severing ties, but merely ending a discount program, why would you insist on scrubbing your name? That's free advertising.

I think Yeti was making a lot of inroads into the Patagonia/REI type crowd, and maybe thought that demographic would buy more of their product. That enviro crowd might dress like they have more dough to spend, but it's the grubby looking outdoorsmen in jeans and a tshirt that are buying all those $70K Platinum F150s.

I've never seen a Yeti sticker on a prius, but plenty of them on the back of an F150.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2018, 09:46:12 AM »
I've never seen a Yeti sticker on a prius, but plenty of them on the back of an F150.

I have seen a lot of SJW types with Yeti stainless steel mugs.

I wonder what's the profit margin on those mugs versus their massive coolers?....

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2018, 10:30:24 AM »

Yeti is acting evasive, NRA is giving specifics. The incentive for the NRA to be lying is vanishingly small (save a few thousand $$$ and give up credibility) and the incentive for Yeti to by lying is MASSIVE (avoid losing thousands of paying customers).

Yeti appears to be a duplicitous, lying, backstabbing traitor and now is trying to pretend they aren't. I hope this hurts them badly.

Additionally, I hope they come crawling back to the NRA and are left to drift in the wind. Pour encourager les autres.

I hope it hurts them just badly enough that they patch things up with the NRA, and try to keep things status quo ante. And since RTIC has taken a stand for the 2A, I hope it helps them, so we end up with two companies supporting the NRA.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2018, 10:36:23 AM »

I hope it hurts them just badly enough that they patch things up with the NRA, and try to keep things status quo ante. And since RTIC has taken a stand for the 2A, I hope it helps them, so we end up with two companies supporting the NRA.

Pelican also stepped up. ($10 to the NRA with every purchase)

It's funny- we're doing the first big family camping trip now that our littlest one is old enough and I was just looking for a large, sturdy cooler.

Guess who is getting my business and who is not?

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2018, 10:38:25 AM »
Pelican also stepped up. ($10 to the NRA with every purchase)

It's funny- we're doing the first big family camping trip now that our littlest one is old enough and I was just looking for a large, sturdy cooler.

Guess who is getting my business and who is not?

Coleman?

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2018, 10:41:26 AM »

Coleman?

Lol. They already got my business for the smaller cooler that will hold drinks and whatnot.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2018, 10:52:16 AM »

Yeti appears to be a duplicitous, lying, backstabbing traitor and now is trying to pretend they aren't. I hope this hurts them badly. . . .
YETI HAS A HISTORY OF THIS!!!

Here's a link to a story from March 2017 about YETI banning licensed concealed carry in its flagship store in Austin, TX.

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2017/03/27/yeti-flagship-store-bars-concealed-open-carriers-backtracks/
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2018, 11:08:30 AM »
YETI HAS A HISTORY OF THIS!!!

Here's a link to a story from March 2017 about YETI banning licensed concealed carry in its flagship store in Austin, TX.

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2017/03/27/yeti-flagship-store-bars-concealed-open-carriers-backtracks/

And they didn't learn a lesson, it seems. They will, now, but the costs will be MUCH higher...

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2018, 06:58:40 PM »
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2018, 10:13:35 AM »
I stopped by the Boise Cabela's yesterday. Not that Cabela's has announced anything one way or the other regarding having a position or not, but the Yeti coolers were very predominantly displayed near the front, and visually put everything else in the background.

Not that they had much of a selection of other coolers, even their own, which I thought was odd. Even if they (perhaps wisely) choose to stay out of things, it seems like making something (like their own stuff) other than the Yetis the eye candy of that department would potentially be good for business.

I won't like to it because it's full of pop ups and stuff if you don''t have a blocker, but The Blaze had a story on other companies taking advantage of Yeti's blunder. What I found interesting was in the comments section. I have no idea if it's true, but a commenter said that Yeti was bought out by some conglomerate that is also big into health care. Potential smoking gun if true, given how it appears the health care industry feels about guns.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2018, 11:41:28 AM »
Sold to Cortec Group Management in 2012.

Earlier this year they were talking IPO. It was put on hold a month or so back. Five bucks says it was to see how their little marketing strategy adjustment was going to play out, and to let memories dull and dust settle over any fallout.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2018, 12:15:24 PM »
If Yeti wanted to drop NRA support and not get in trouble with gun owners, they could have announced discounts or donations for 2nd Amendment foundation or Gun Owners of America instead. 

I still think some of this is the NRA pushing for more industry donations/money, but we will see.  Sounds like Yeti isn't really pro-gun rights.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2018, 04:42:03 AM »
If Yeti wanted to drop NRA support and not get in trouble with gun owners, they could have announced discounts or donations for 2nd Amendment foundation

That should be safe; they'll never have to give the discount to anyone but Gottlieb because I don't think even the other "board members" are aware they've been drafted into SAF yet.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2018, 09:37:07 AM »
Just an update... to notice there has been no update.

After the NRA came back with more specifics, Yeti appears to have gone silent. No response to the NRA rebuttal.

They appear to be hoping their lying press release will spare them enough pain and just hope this all blows over.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2018, 09:44:18 AM »
Just an update... to notice there has been no update.

After the NRA came back with more specifics, Yeti appears to have gone silent. No response to the NRA rebuttal.

They appear to be hoping their lying press release will spare them enough pain and just hope this all blows over.

Agreed.  And the timing of not going public after planning to go public is interesting.
Certainly suggests a fear that your new stock would possibly tank after you spit in the face of your primary customer base.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

p12

• friend
  • I SEE NOISES!!
« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2018, 10:52:27 AM »
Agreed.  And the timing of not going public after planning to go public is interesting.
Certainly suggests a fear that your new stock would possibly tank after you spit in the face of your primary customer base.

This!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2018, 06:11:48 PM »
Sold to Cortec Group Management in 2012.

Coretec Group Inc. currently trading at a whopping 9.5 cents per share. They were at 36 cents a year ago.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2018, 12:34:14 AM »
I don't know how they got my e-mail address (maybe from the NSSF, since I attended the SHOT Show in January), but for the past week or ten days I've been getting at least one e-mail per day from Yeti, pushing their wares. They must know they stepped in it, but they may not realize yet how deep it is.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2018, 11:57:59 AM »
NRA sticker looks good on my RTIC.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2018, 05:49:14 PM »
Another tales from the gun show, I had a table across from the yeti dealer. The Maytag repairman gets more action. Well, unless you count people stopping to tell you your brand sucks counts as a solid sales lead. I was all [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn] >:D :rofl:
AKA Navy Joe   

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2018, 06:17:42 PM »
Another tales from the gun show, I had a table across from the yeti dealer. The Maytag repairman gets more action. Well, unless you count people stopping to tell you your brand sucks counts as a solid sales lead. I was all [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn] >:D :rofl:

Heh. That's almost HK-like. "We hate you - buy our stuff!".  :lol:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #72 on: May 19, 2018, 07:36:41 PM »

Likes this. I hope Yeti guy can find something else to deal in.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #73 on: May 19, 2018, 09:14:59 PM »
Worst part is people were happy to tell me, unsolicited, how much yeti sucked. While some of us were meh the mehs were light on the ground. I am not sure if he sold anything but he homed in on the NRA non traditionals, women, minorities and a few fudds.
AKA Navy Joe   

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2018, 09:45:05 PM »

Should have found someone wanting to meaningfully destroy a Yeti, cut it off about 4" deep and brought it, a bag of kitty litter and a well-filled cat to the show.