Author Topic: The War on Mushrooms  (Read 1032 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
The War on Mushrooms
« on: May 18, 2018, 12:52:27 PM »
I'm hoping this one is a hoax.

https://www.themaven.net/pinacnews/public-records/cops-arrive-after-maryland-man-posts-photos-of-non-psychedelic-mushrooms-on-fb-YmdaSwArakiFZZB6ctRH9Q/

It's being reported by ZeroHedge, and some HuffPo affiliate site, and on some pro-pot site.

What idiot called the police about people eating mushrooms? What "RA" is he talking about? A college housing RA? Is that why he had to let the police in, or does the mushroom guy not understand how the 4th amendment works?

:facepalm:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: The War on Mushrooms
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 01:11:48 PM »
He's a fungi to party with...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 01:33:38 PM »

^
                              argh
                                ;/

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 01:59:27 PM »
Idiots.  Even I as a non-mycologist knows what a Morel Mushroom looks like.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 02:23:52 PM »
I as a person who does not eat mushrooms would have no idea, but I don't assume all mushrooms are eaten for getting high either.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 02:29:13 PM »
I'm not a fan of fungi. Once in a while I'll eat mushrooms but while I don't hate them if I never ate mushrooms the rest of my life it likely wouldn't bother me.
As to the morels in the OP. WTF? I'd have been a major dick about it. Tell the cops exactly what I had. If that didn't satisfy them tell them to FOAD or haul my ass in.
Might not be able to sue the cops for a tidy settlement but I'd damn sure make them famous for being stupid *expletive deleted*ers.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2018, 04:20:19 PM »
Bet he is one busy cop every time someone post a picture of a mushroom and sausage pizza.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2018, 06:26:19 PM »

My cologist doesn't know.  I just asked.  He thought it was some kind of eel.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2018, 11:09:48 PM »
The little dark grey ones are my favorite. I love that woody taste when I burp the next day.

I may be addicted.

Jim
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2018, 11:37:33 PM »
You know... Someone should have a talk with that cops captain. I'm sure there's plenty of constructive things he could be doing even if it's a slow day at the office.
Washing squad cars comes to mind.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2018, 09:01:18 AM »
Bet he is one busy cop every time someone post a picture of a mushroom and sausage pizza.
You mean a big old sausage and probable cause pie?

HankB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2018, 11:00:58 AM »
The linked story in the original post was the usual sloppy reporting, as it omitted the NAME and (preferably) BADGE NUMBER of the officer involved.

These idiots need to be identified so they get the public humiliation and mockery they've earned.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain