Author Topic: Trump Derangement Syndrome strikes again  (Read 757 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Trump Derangement Syndrome strikes again
« on: May 18, 2018, 02:09:14 PM »
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/police-take-down-shooter-at-trump-golf-course-in-florida/

No doubt this is being overshadowed by the events in Texas.

The man, armed with a handgun, was yelling about President Trump and had draped an American flag over the front desk at the Trump National Doral Golf Club, police said following the incident.

The gunman, identified by police as 42-year-old Doral resident Jonathan Oddi, was taken into custody around 1:30a.m. after being shot several times in the legs.

Miami-Dade police director Juan Perez told reporters that Oddi was shouting and “actively shooting” when officers arrived on scene.

“He was yelling and spewing some information about President Trump and that’s what we know so far. And he had an American flag that he did drape over the counter,” Perez said.

Not clear if the attacker was aiming at anyone or just firing randomly prior to the police arriving.

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Trump Derangement Syndrome strikes again
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 03:51:41 PM »
Angel Eyes, your questions seem to be answered by this article, but here's the part I found interesting.

Police say that the gunman, a 42-year-old Doral resident from Argentina, was spouting "anti-Trump" rhetoric and attempted to "lure" officers into an "ambush type attack."

According to authorities, the man (shooter's name withheld per DW policies) who opened fire in the lobby of the resort hotel is a 42-year-old Doral resident who was born in South Africa but raised in Argentina, where most of his family lives. His friend of over ten years, who worked out with him seven days a week at 24-Hour Fitness, described the suspect as just a "regular guy" who did not appear to have any strong animosity toward the president or the government and had never talked about acquiring weapons.

"Why should he have opinions about Trump?" said the friend, Luis David Gonzalez. "He's the President of the United States. He's the right guy for the job. We just talk about the gym, that's it."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/30817/more-details-emerge-about-trump-resort-shooting-james-barrett

But that doesn't fit the narrative.  =(
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife