Author Topic: University of Michigan = 1984  (Read 1537 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
University of Michigan = 1984
« on: May 22, 2018, 09:39:55 AM »
This was shocking to me. UM has 100 paid diversity staff that cost the school $11mil/yr.

While I'm well aware universities have been going nutso with this stuff, I figured maybe the larger ones all have diversity staff in the low double digits (not counting student volunteer brownshirts). This is abhorrent to me. Staff and students at universities constantly whine about tuition costs and the need for more taxes to pay for better teaching staff, research funds, etc. Hey UM - I just found you money to hire additional teaching staff. Though you'd likely end up hiring 75 wymens studies "professors".

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2018/05/21/the-university-of-michigan-spends-how-much-on-its-army-of-diversity-police/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: University of Michigan = 1984
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 09:55:49 AM »
Unsurprising, really. We have a Vice President of Diversity and the department is one of the larger non-academic units on campus. They folded a whole host of stuff into the department. The Usual Suspects are there - Office of LGBTQIA, DREAM Resource Center, First Generation Students, etc. - but they also included some oddities like the university chess program, K-12 school outreach services, and of all things, Military and Veteran's Programs.

The outgoing VPD was an arrogant, self-aggrandizing ass. He never missed a chance to throw "Latino" into the conversation, usually multiple times per sentence and in the most in-your-face way possible. If a Caucasian spoke the same way, only substituting "white" or "Caucasian" for "Latino", they would be publicly flayed. No one misses him (not even the hard core race-baiters, if that tells you anything).

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

grampster

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 10:29:57 AM »
U of M has been a hotbed of commies for many years.  A good friend graduated law school there.  He went in a constitutional classical liberal and came out a neo Marxist...and that was around 1967.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 10:49:03 AM »
This was shocking to me. UM has 100 paid diversity staff that cost the school $11mil/yr.

While I'm well aware universities have been going nutso with this stuff, I figured maybe the larger ones all have diversity staff in the low double digits (not counting student volunteer brownshirts). This is abhorrent to me. Staff and students at universities constantly whine about tuition costs and the need for more taxes to pay for better teaching staff, research funds, etc. Hey UM - I just found you money to hire additional teaching staff. Though you'd likely end up hiring 75 wymens studies "professors".

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2018/05/21/the-university-of-michigan-spends-how-much-on-its-army-of-diversity-police/

$110 thou each?  Except it probably starts at $65K and tops at $175K.  Or worse.

Time to review Psalm 73.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 10:49:58 AM »
Unsurprising, really. We have a Vice President of Diversity

And, of course, my twisted little mind read that as Vice President of Depravity.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2018, 10:52:48 AM »
$110 thou each?  Except it probably starts at $65K and tops at $175K.  Or worse.

Worse.

The vice provost for equity and inclusion and chief diversity officer comes out on top with an annual salary of $396,550.

Kinda comical from a commie diversity dept, because shouldn't the vice provost be redistributing his/her/it's own salary in the name of equity?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2018, 11:01:21 AM »
And, of course, my twisted little mind read that as Vice President of Depravity.

He's on loan from the University of Edgestow, and also has a fellowship with the N.I.C.E.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2018, 12:12:58 PM »
Local school district was soliciting ideas at their website to cut expenses.

I suggested eliminating every position with the word "Diversity" in the title or job description.

They didn't take my advice.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain