Author Topic: INTUIT STRIKES AGAIN  (Read 2769 times)

MechAg94

• friend
INTUIT STRIKES AGAIN
« on: May 24, 2018, 09:12:18 AM »
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/05/kat-ainsworth/intuit-strikes-again-holds-lone-wolf-distributors-money/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
INTUIT STRIKES AGAIN, HOLDS $150,000 OF LONE WOLF DISTRIBUTORS’ MONEY

The author went into story telling mode and didn't really do a summary near the top.  Intuit Quickbooks took a payment from Lone Wolf intended for Flint River Armory.  Instead of paying Flint River, they canceled Flint River's Quickbooks account and then held Lone Wolf's payment for a week or so before they were able to get them to return it. 

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/05/kat-ainsworth/intuit-quickbooks-severs-ties-with-gunsite-academy-reverses-tens-of-thousands-in-credit-card-charges/
Intuit QuickBooks Severs Ties with Gunsite Academy, Reverses Tens of Thousands in Credit Card Charges. Because Guns

I heard an interview on GunTalk Radio last Sunday.  They did a similar tactic to Gunsite Academy.  They decided to stop doing business with them.  Instead of sending them the money for the credit card charges that were already done and just ending the CC processing service, they instead reversed all the charges and refunded the credit cards (for transactions already made).  Gunsite was forced to contact all those customers and get the charges redone via a different credit card processor.  They said there were charges in their local store that could not be recovered because they don't have contact information. 

I am not sure if there will be any legal action.  Gunsite certainly has financial losses and loss of man hours dealing with it. 

How would Intuit feel if we, as an industry, dropped them? No more QuickBooks, no more Mint, no more TurboTax. A little something to consider. A project for our readers: back, frequent, and support businesses that support the Second Amendment. Money talks, guys. Make yours sing.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: INTUIT STRIKES AGAIN
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 09:59:06 AM »

I am not sure if there will be any legal action.  Gunsite certainly has financial losses and loss of man hours dealing with it. 

There needs to be. This is certainly ripe for contractual performance issues, not to mention actual damages with many states having a "treble damages" clause. There's also no small amount of probable malicious intent involved as they seem to not have made any attempt at all to contact a long-time customer about potential financial issues. Last, but not least, there is both the banking industry and Interstate Commerce issue, potentially making this a federal thing.

A decent attorney could probably make a bunch of the above stick. At the very least it will have Intuit squirming in anxious anticipation. They need to have the boom lowered on them as a message to the rest of the "woke" financial players.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 10:00:27 AM »
Wow. Just *expletive deleted*ing wow. I don't care what industry it was, that's the kind of *expletive deleted*it that should get their asses handed to them in court. And I wouldn't loose any sleep if there were hefty punative damages awarded either.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 10:11:42 AM »
I'm sure a lot of gun owners use Quickbooks, and probably a lot even use Quickbooks  for their income taxes. Time for ALL gun owners to abandon ship. There are other accounting packages out there, and there are other tax packages out there.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 11:03:00 AM »
INTUIT STRIKES AGAIN, HOLDS $150,000 OF LONE WOLF DISTRIBUTORS’ MONEY

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/05/kat-ainsworth/intuit-strikes-again-holds-lone-wolf-distributors-money/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Intuit Quickbooks took a payment from Lone Wolf intended for Flint River Armory.  Instead of paying Flint River, they canceled Flint River's Quickbooks account and then held Lone Wolf's payment for a week or so before they were able to get them to return it.  

Intuit QuickBooks Severs Ties with Gunsite Academy, Reverses Tens of Thousands in Credit Card Charges. Because Guns

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/05/kat-ainsworth/intuit-quickbooks-severs-ties-with-gunsite-academy-reverses-tens-of-thousands-in-credit-card-charges/

A forum friend heard an interview on GunTalk Radio last Sunday.  They did a similar tactic to Gunsite Academy.  They decided to stop doing business with them.  Instead of sending them the money for the credit card charges that were already done and just ending the CC processing service, they instead reversed all the charges and refunded the credit cards (for transactions already made).  Gunsite was forced to contact all those customers and get the charges redone via a different credit card processor.  They said there were charges in their local store that could not be recovered because they don't have contact information.

May I please quote the above outside of here and if so, how would you like to be cited if at all? I will NOT claim your words as my own.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2018, 02:58:22 PM »
May I please quote the above outside of here and if so, how would you like to be cited if at all? I will NOT claim your words as my own.

Fine with me.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thHThSsaIp0
Gun Talk posts their weekly radio show on youtube and other places.  Here is the link to that hour.  He starts talking about it around 2 minutes in and interviewing the operations director at Gunsite.  It is worth a few minutes to listen to.  I guess I should have included that with the original post.  I hadn't thought to post it here until I saw the link with Lone Wolf and Flint River on Twitter.  It looks like a trend.  

Come to think of it, I need to go ahead and take it to TexasCHLforum also.  I would like to make sure everyone knows about it whether they do anything about it or not. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

p12

• friend
  • I SEE NOISES!!
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2018, 08:01:05 PM »
Good info. I’ve been using turbo tax for several years.

Will be switching and letting them know why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2018, 10:38:08 PM »

The author went into story telling mode and didn't really do a summary near the top. 

That's how they roll.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2018, 09:38:17 AM »
Updated because Intuit answers with a non-answer.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/features/credit-service-intuit-addresses-refusal-to-process-gun-purchases

Short version... "A) We gave them notice, B) we don't restrict any lawful activity from using our service, C) we are working with our business partners for a resolution."

They also added a blip about "banking partners requiring customers be present for their card to be swiped". This gives them an air of semi-legitimacy by laying blame on the receiving bank's supposed requirement of a physical card swipe (never mind that the same bank likely processes many millions a year in non-firearms-related online activity). They don't seem to grasp that we out here in Unwashed Masses Land can see the ever so obvious targeting of only online firearms related businesses, not online businesses in general.

Brad
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2018, 01:54:33 PM »
It must be a new strategy in applying "choke points" to the firearms community.  At least that's what my paranoia neurons are saying.

Glad stuff like this gets publicized and I'm glad the thread got bumped.  (Thanks.)

As fistful said, "That's how they roll."

Terry

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2018, 02:07:45 PM »
I guess things tend to roll a little faster when the story goes mainstream on a non-lib news outlet. Intuit has apparently realized just how hard they were stepping on their own crank...

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/06/kat-ainsworth/breaking-intuit-offers-gunsite-academy-monetary-compensation-after-quickbooks-termination/

Summary - not only did they approach Gunsite and ask to be informed about how the firearms industry really works, they offered compensation for the time and person-hours Gunsite spent scrambling to recover from the situation. I have to give Intuit props for being proactive and seemingly up front, but it will still take long-term applied proof of intent (aka "action") before I come close to trusting them again.

I don't see anything about Lone Wolf. Anyone have an update on their situation?

Brad
-HankB

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2018, 03:49:37 PM »
I think someone at Intuit just realized what sort of legal liability they had set themselves up for. 

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2018, 08:49:21 PM »
I think someone at Intuit just realized what sort of legal liability they had set themselves up for. 

The statement itself probably screwed them.  I can just imagine their legal team, once getting the lawsuit papers, going to the representative who made that statement "but those WERE legal transactions!"

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2018, 10:00:41 PM »
Hard breach of contract suits coming if this was wide spread
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2018, 04:48:11 AM »
Hard breach of contract suits coming if this was wide spread.

That's probably why "they offered compensation for the time and person-hours Gunsite spent scrambling to recover from the situation."

I have to give Intuit props for being proactive and seemingly up front, but it will still take long-term applied proof of intent (aka "action") before I come close to trusting them again.
Brad

Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.  Fool me thrice...

Terry

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2018, 10:04:31 AM »
Whoever made the dumbass decision to do this should have their head on a pike firmly set in the ground at the main entrance to HQ. And the rest of their worthless meat sack quartered for similar treatment at appropriate satellite offices. That would make a nice start of saying oops.

That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2018, 11:41:38 AM »
Whoever made the dumbass decision to do this should have their head on a pike firmly set in the ground at the main entrance to HQ. And the rest of their worthless meat sack quartered for similar treatment at appropriate satellite offices. That would make a nice start of saying oops.

That's always bothered me.  There's always one person who initiates the discussion in some meeting or conference or whatever, and after a group decision is made, that scoundrel's identity becomes blurred.

I want names, dammit !  Names, names, names ! <Terry pounds desk in rhythm>
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 12:29:43 PM by 230RN »

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2023, 03:41:19 PM »
Update

Says Ted Cruz may have had something to do with it.

Intuit Changes its Policy, Will No Longer Exclude Gun Companies as Customers
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/intuit-changes-its-policy-will-no-longer-exclude-gun-companies-as-customers/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2023, 09:32:18 PM »
Considering past history, is there any way a business could trust them ever again?  :facepalm:  [barf]
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Calumus

• friend
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2023, 02:24:22 PM »
Anyone know of a decent quick books alternative? I hate the stupid program, and i have a bunch of customers I’d love to switch off of it if there was something else. Between not playing well over wifi, and constant issues with Windows firewall after updates, not to mention both of the av’s i usually use, i can’t stand it.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2023, 02:50:49 PM »
Anyone know of a decent quick books alternative? I hate the stupid program, and i have a bunch of customers I’d love to switch off of it if there was something else. Between not playing well over wifi, and constant issues with Windows firewall after updates, not to mention both of the av’s i usually use, i can’t stand it.

Sage
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Calumus

• friend
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2023, 08:47:33 PM »